PO: The Civil Wars / The Lumineers - Daytrotter Sessions split 12"

456171_10150877939774175_457466067_o-600x399.jpg

From now until July 3rd, you can pre-order the first installment of the brand new Daytrotter Presents vinyl series, which is a 180-gram 12″ split record including the sessions from The Civil Wars (pictured) and The Lumineers. Each band contributes 8 tracks to the record. Daytrotter only plans to press as many copies as they receive pre-orders for, so if you want to pick it up, that looks to be your only option.

To get the record for free (plus shipping), you can purchase an annual membership to the service for either yourself or as a gift. Members also get a reduced price on the record and all other merchandise from the site’s webstore.

(Thanks to Modern Vinyl for the heads-up on this)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$35?!

LOLOLOL

it's incentive to become a member. At $2 a month (only need to do one month), its worth it for the break. $25 is still high for this, but it's kind of cool to get some of these on vinyl. I don't have any particular interest in this first release, but I'm curious to see what else they press.

You have to buy the annual membership ($24/year) to get the "free" record. Doing it month by month won't work. But as a Civil Wars fan, and the fact that most people won't pay the $35 or probably even the $24 these will (hopefully) be pretty rare. Plus the session is fantastic - if you're into their music.

Also- if you are already a member the record is about $26.

Why is this one so high? The Chuck Ragan and Fucked Up ones were decent prices. Of course the first one I am actually interested in is insanely high. Daytrotter has gone downhill lately I think with who they have been getting so I am not even sure I wanna spring for the membership and just pay shipping.

lol from February:

Me - "Hi, I was wondering if you had ever thought of possibly compiling somewhat of a "greatest hits" from various daytrotter sessions. My idea is to hold a sort of voting poll, and let the actual daytrotter community pick the tracks they want. This could be pressed to a short run LP. I'd be interested in working on this with you, if you were at all into the idea. Hope to talk to you soon!"

Them - "Right now we're working on creating great content for our website and are not focusing on making physical copies of these compilations.

Best,

DT Support"

and

"Thanks so much for writing. We will discuss here. I don't think this is something we would currently be into, but sometimedown the road we might. Sean//DT"