Paper + Plastick Fourth of July Sale

So could you explain why last Thanksgiving you had a sale that took a percentage off (20% I think) and shipping was conveniently more expensive during the sale (like $1 or $2 more per LP) therefore rendering the discount useless. I remember it was the Riverboat Gamblers LP and shipping for 1 was almost $6 as opposed to $4.80 or something and then after the sale was over shipping went back down.

I can guarantee you that the shipping never went up and down like that. The way the back end of the store used to work (Limited Pressing has fixed this within the last month, when our store became a Limited Run store) is that you'd have to go adjust the price of shipping for individual items. That means to change the shipping prices, I would have had to go into hundreds of different product pages and manually click a different shipping option before the sale, then go back and change it back to whatever it used to be after the sale ended. There are literally hundreds of products in our store, and hundreds more that are in the back end but not actively for sale. Basically, what I'm saying is, even if we WANTED to do this with the shipping, it would take several hours to even execute it. If we really cared that much, we'd just make the sale less...make it 15% off instead of 20% off....or charge $6 for LPs instead of $4....I don't think people would yell at us for our expensive $6 LPs, you know?

Hellmouth - Gravestone Skylines included?

It happens on the shipping. My experience was that I had two lps for a total of $8 and was charged $6.50 or $7 for shipping. Honestly I really wanted the two lp's and thought that still wasn't bad for items original $13 a piece.

This is great! Beginning to love this band more than Hellmouth! I LOVE Hellmouth a lot too. That's saying something to me i guess.

It was on the last sale they had. This is when I bought mine. They turned out awesome.

Edit: My typing sucks as of late.

Side note: I have a Hellmouth Bible Ash LP of the Skylines record that I'm looking to trade, from my personal collection (actually purchased it when it came out, before I even started interning at the label), in order to put some money toward a new turntable. It's the variant where the band burnt a 16th Century German Bible and pressed the ashes of the book into the wax. It's unplayable unless you want to see what it does to your needle and when you touch it, your hands get a bit ashy. But only 33 of them were made. I currently have it hanging on a wall so I can mail it framed or just in the normal LP jacket. We've sold a couple since I've been at the label for charity auctions and I think they went for about $125...I'm not a charity so I wouldn't be looking for that much. Let me know if any of you guys are interested.

Side note: I have a Hellmouth Bible Ash LP of the Skylines record that I'm looking to trade, from my personal collection (actually purchased it when it came out, before I even started interning at the label), in order to put some money toward a new turntable. It's the variant where the band burnt a 16th Century German Bible and pressed the ashes of the book into the wax. It's unplayable unless you want to see what it does to your needle and when you touch it, your hands get a bit ashy. But only 33 of them were made. I currently have it hanging on a wall so I can mail it framed or just in the normal LP jacket. We've sold a couple since I've been at the label for charity auctions and I think they went for about $125...I'm not a charity so I wouldn't be looking for that much. Let me know if any of you guys are interested.

I wouldn't mind having it but this is on the back burner for me. :(

I hope the code works soon.

Edit: Its working. Got 2 copies of Farewelll Continental's debut album. Did not need there EPs but girlfriend and I have been talking about getting this and 2 records for 13 dollars are good. I hear the orange and black splatter is good but can't wait to see the swirl as well. Picked up both variants so we can tell each others apart.

Coupon's working now! I'm in for:

Make Do and Mend - End Measured Mile NEW THIRD PRESS - Magma red x 1 @ $12.00

Riverboat Gamblers "Smash/Grab" One sided 12 inch w/ Screenprinted b-side - Black x 1 @ $12.00

Make Do And Mend "Part And Parcel" EP/CD x 1 @ $2.00

The Gamits - "Parts" CD x 1 @ $2.00

Break Anchor - Blackhearts & Blackouts 7" - Seafoam Green with White x 1 @ $5.00

Subtotal: $33.00

Shipping: $8.40

Discount: -$21.98

Total: $19.42 USD

It definitely does not cost $8.40 to ship two LPs, a 7-inch and two CDs, but whatever. Cheap records.

The Dopamines/Dear Landlord - Split 7" - Blue/Grey/Black x 1 @ $2.50

The Dopamines - "Expect The Worst" THIRD PRESSING - Beer x 1 @ $10.00

Subtotal: $24.50

Shipping: $6.40

Discount: -$16.32

Total: $14.58 USD

Pretty stoked.

Farewell Continental " Hey Hey Pioneers! "LP - Orange w/Black Splatter x 1 @ $12.00

Have Nots "Proud" Vinyl - Midnight Khaki Green x 1 @ $8.00

Farewell Continental EP #2 12" - Vinyl EP 2nd Press Clear Red Vinyl x 1 @ $6.00

We Are The Union - "Great Leaps Forward" - Mixed Recycled x 1 @ $8.00

Farewell Continental - "S/T" - square picture disc x 1 @ $4.00

The Swellers "Ups and Downsizing" - Rust x 1 @ $10.00

Break Anchor - Blackhearts & Blackouts 7" - White with Seafoam Green x 1 @ $5.00

Subtotal: $65.00

Shipping: $11.40

Discount: -$43.29

Total: $33.11 USD

So much win

lo and behold, they jacked up shipping prices for this sale. last week it was $2 to ship one 7", today with the sale it now says $3. you can argue it's only a dollar, but the the principle remans the same. they jacked up prices just for this "sale"

you're saving more than a dollar on the 7" so you're still getting a discount...

Items:

Junior Battles "Idle Ages" LP - Clay x 1 @ $12.00

Red City Radio - "The Dangers of Standing Still" - White x 1 @ $12.00

Shook Ones - "The Unquotable A.M.H." - Grey speck 3rd press x 1 @ $12.00

Westbound Train - "Come and Get It" Single - Yellow x 1 @ $4.00

Subtotal: $40.00

Shipping: $14.00

Discount: -$26.64

Total: $27.36 USD

I think this is a good deal. I've been wanting these records for awhile. Shipping is always expensive to Canada so I usually spend over $20 for an LP if I order it individually so it is nice to get three for almost the same price.

Wow, this was actually an incredible deal! I managed the snag the following:

The Dopamines - "Expect The Worst" THIRD PRESSING - Beer$10.00

Mikey Erg - Songs from the Heart 12"$2.00

Hellmouth - Gravestone Skylines - Red/Orange/Yellow Mix$6.66

Rehasher - "High Speed Access To My Brain" - White/Blue$10.00

Subtotal:$28.66

Shipping:$6.90

Discount:-$19.09

Total:$16.47 USD

What a steal.

Junior Battles "Idle Ages" LP - Clay x 1 @ $12.00

Have Nots "Proud" Vinyl - Brick x 1 @ $8.00

The Gamits - "Parts" - Gray & Black Shimmer x 1 @ $12.00

Subtotal: $44.00

Shipping: $15.00

Discount: -$29.30

Total: $29.70 USD

Not bad at all. I ordered Make Do And Mend for a buddy because he hasn't heard them and I thought he should. Also, some of you guys should pick up the Rust Belt Lights LP!

i would have forgot about this, thanks VC

Break Anchor - Blackhearts & Blackouts 7" - Seafoam Green with White x 1 @ $5.00

Foundation - "Chimborazo" - Blue w/Yellow Splatter x 1 @ $10.00

Plow United - Sleepwalk: A Retrospective 2xLP - Mustard x 1 @ $12.00

The Riot Before - "Rebellion" - Blue/Orange Swirl x 1 @ $12.00

Subtotal: $39.00

Shipping: $7.40

Discount: -$25.97

Total: $20.43 USD

The exact shipping policies I wanted to implement did not get implemented. I don't have full control here, I don't own the label, not everything is my decision. However it has never been $2 to ship a 7" lol. It has never, ever, EVER been $2 to ship a 7" in our webstore. Mainly because it costs more than that to ship one no matter how you ship it!