Paper + Plastick Fourth of July Sale

Do you want them back? I don't really need two copies of each album. I would rather not pay the shipping but I will send them back no problem.

If you want to send them back to the return address then please do - we'd appreciate it. If not that's fine, we can't really force people to. It was our mistake, our cost.

Light Blue with Grey Dusting is the gayest sounding color of a record ive ever heard.

Cool.

Well I just got my order in, and I'm not sure if I'm more stoked or irritated. Don't get me wrong, I still think this was an awesome sale, but it's the fact that they packed my order with tons and tons of shredded paper that annoyed the shit out of me. It was also kind of creepy to find a dead grasshopper attached to my box, but I doubt that's on Paper and Plastick.

There was an issue regarding my order though, instead of receiving a copy of both Landmines albums, I received two copies of the self titled record. Like others, also no Greenland is Melting 7".

I'm not upset about the record mixup, it was a big order and it was bound to happen, I emailed about the issue.

The 7" package was supposed to be out of the webstore a long time ago so people who ordered the bundle didn't get the 7" cause no one expected that. I'm glad you emailed, it will be sorted out with the other GIM orders.

Especially if you didn't expect it and it ends up all over the floor when opening the box and your dog immediately runs to eat it.

Lol that ripped up stuff is only supposed to be used for big packages that have empty space, not for 12" mailers! I need to talk to one of the interns apparently.

I got my replacement package in the mail today and inside it was the Gamits CD (which is in much, much better condition than the thrashed one that I originally received, so thank you for that) and the Riverboat Gamblers record—but JUST the record. No LP jacket or anything. I don't even know how a record gets packaged without its jacket, but here we are.

I'm convinced Paper + Plastick are trolling me now.

On the plus side, postage for this package was $2.47, so it looks like I still have $3.04 in credit left after being grossly overcharged on shipping the first time around. Maybe they can use those last few bucks to send me an LP jacket.

Like the others said, there was never a jacket with it. We used thick clear sleeves at first until we ran out. A lot of pic discs are like that as I'm sure you're familiar with - I know I have plenty like that and you own a lot more vinyl than I do. And we basically charge $12 for everything.

Whether it's gatefold, screen printed, licensed, a 2xLP, whether it's a Riverboat four-song pic disc EP or a Plow United 34-song best-of 2xLP gatefold collection, it probably costs $12 in our store. Just like all 7"s are $5. We don't up the price to $20 for certain items like other labels do. It ends up evening out. You're the first person in 500 Riverboat Gamblers orders that complained about the lack of a jacket. #neverchange

Like the others said, there was never a jacket with it. We used thick clear sleeves at first until we ran out. A lot of pic discs are like that as I'm sure you're familiar with - I know I have plenty like that and you own a lot more vinyl than I do. And we basically charge $12 for everything.

Whether it's gatefold, screen printed, licensed, a 2xLP, whether it's a Riverboat four-song pic disc EP or a Plow United 34-song best-of 2xLP gatefold collection, it probably costs $12 in our store. Just like all 7"s are $5. We don't up the price to $20 for certain items like other labels do. It ends up evening out. You're the first person in 500 Riverboat Gamblers orders that complained about the lack of a jacket. #neverchange

I'll use this for reference:

A lot of people were more meh to the PVC sleeve than stoked or pissed. I touched on a shipping overcharge on a sale then, and people were confused why it took a few weeks to ship only a few pre-orders with PVC sleeves and vinyl ready at hand.

I'll use this for reference: http://boards.vinylc...rboat gamblers

A lot of people were more meh to the PVC sleeve than stoked or pissed. I touched on a shipping overcharge on a sale then, and people were confused why it took a few weeks to ship only a few pre-orders with PVC sleeves and vinyl ready at hand.

The PVC sleeves weren't in hand at that point in time. That was the "jacket problem" you said that Vinnie told you about....it took forever to get those PVC jackets in.

Maybe I should start way overestimating the shipping dates for things so it'll look like we're shipping a week early instead of a couple of weeks late. The problems we face are no different than the problems other labels do - unreliable estimates from plants, messed up test presses, etc - we're talking about an imperfect system here when it comes to vinyl production. Problems like these are a given for a label with up to 30 releases a year.

We had two huge, epic disasters occur in February 2011 - Dave Hause and Red City Radio were both extremely bad delays (about 4 months) at the exact same time - and since then people have not been able to look past any delay, no matter what the length. There was a different mailorder guy back then and a different label manager. I was in my first month as an intern at that point in time. Everything is different now and we do our best to relay the weird info from the pressing plant to our customers when there are delays. Things still aren't perfect yet but it's definitely not something that can be turned around in a short time. Even when things get better - and for all intents and purposes, things have gotten a lot better since I was hired - we still have issues like the problems with this current sale and the Chad Gilbert preorder. We're trying our best and I think moving our HQ next month will be a huge step toward the label having the streamlined mailorder and customer service system that I have wanted it to have since I came on board about a year ago.

The 7" package was supposed to be out of the webstore a long time ago so people who ordered the bundle didn't get the 7" cause no one expected that. I'm glad you emailed, it will be sorted out with the other GIM orders.

So what's going to happen w/ the orders that ordered the bundle?

and btw, I'm still 100% satisfied with this sale although there were some small mess ups, like the confusion of my order arriving in 2 different shipments and the Greenland is Melting bundle. I got exactly what I ordered (just missing the GIM 7", but all color variants I ordered are correct otherwise), and everything looks and plays great for awesome prices. I would not hesitate to order from P+P again!

Wait, so if I return one of these Landmines LPs to receive the other one, am I expected to cough up the shipping? I know that it really isn't that much, but that really isn't the point.

nah - if we ask you to return something, we cover shipping. in the case of landmines we'll probably just overlook it.

So what's going to happen w/ the orders that ordered the bundle?

and btw, I'm still 100% satisfied with this sale although there were some small mess ups, like the confusion of my order arriving in 2 different shipments and the Greenland is Melting bundle. I got exactly what I ordered (just missing the GIM 7", but all color variants I ordered are correct otherwise), and everything looks and plays great for awesome prices. I would not hesitate to order from P+P again!

Just email the customer account and it will get handled. You will get everything you ordered even if it takes us a couple tries. Like Scott said, we like to troll our customers ;)

Just email the customer account and it will get handled. You will get everything you ordered even if it takes us a couple tries. Like Scott said, we like to troll our customers ;)

Good deal! I already sent an email. They way you were talking, it sounded like the 7" was sold out or something.

Got my package yesterday - everything was correct except for a color difference which is no big deal...

my only issue though - What's with the lack of digital download cards? The product page even says:

***This record comes with a link to an instant download delivered to your inbox***

How do I get my downloads please?

Got my package yesterday - everything was correct except for a color difference which is no big deal...

my only issue though - What's with the lack of digital download cards? The product page even says:

***This record comes with a link to an instant download delivered to your inbox***

How do I get my downloads please?

Check your confirmation email they're in there. Also got mine today showed up and everything was right, I'm really surprised given everything in this thread. Def hesitant to order again after all this.

Check your confirmation email they're in there. Also got mine today showed up and everything was right, I'm really surprised given everything in this thread. Def hesitant to order again after all this.

They're not in the confirmation email or the shipped email - you sure about this? I can click "view order details by visiting:" but that just shows me what I bought...any help?

They're not in the confirmation email or the shipped email - you sure about this? I can click "view order details by visiting:" but that just shows me what I bought...any help?

Yeah sorry my bad, click the view order details by visiting and it takes you to your order on P+P website, and if you scroll down past all the items at the bottom is instant downloads. It's right below your total.