3rd Wave Preservation Society Ska Reissue Kickstarter II

PLEDGE HERE -----> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/827752861/the-3rd-wave-ska-preservation-society-reissue-proj?ref=live

The Smoke is clearing from the first round of reissues, and theres just a few more packages to go out... but otherwise its pretty much put to bed.

The whole project was mindblowingly successful, we really expected to barely squeak by, but the community really came through, and despite the project ending up costing a decent amount more than expected we managed to get everything out, and in the process a handful of new labels started up to aid the project, and most of whom have already expressed interest in supporting the project going forward... which is really awesome, as the main goal of this project was two fold... to get some of our favorite records out on vinyl, and bolster the community for this genre we so love.

And because we wanted everyone to know how much we appreciated the love we received, we took the extra money that we could have just pocketed, and pressed a Slackers bonus 7" and sent everyone who donated for at least an album a free copy of the record, as a thank you.

Soooo... because of the enormous success of it, and all the people encouraging us to do a second round... we have rounded up 4 new records that we feel really need to see proper vinyl reissues. We will be announcing one record a day for the next few days.. and sometime in the coming weeks we'll be launching the kickstarter... and we once again really need everyone's help in spreading the word. We're also working on potential bonus items that everyone will get if we overachieve our goals... so its a little added incentive to help us promote this project ;)

THE ALBUMS!

1. The Slackers - International War Criminal EP (plus unreleased bonus tracks!!!) Not only will you get this absolutely fantastic EP by a band that has managed to exist for 20 years without releasing a bad record.... but we've also managed to secure a handful of unreleased tunes from the same era to extend the album to a full LP.

2. Stubborn All Stars - Back With a New Batch - This record was reviewed as "the best reggae album of 1997" by Alternative Press and is rated 4.5 stars on allmusic.com. Written by prolific Skinnerbox frontman King Django, and featuring performances by members of The Slackers, The Toasters, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Rancid, Skinnerbox, and virtually every other NYC Ska act, as well as finding itself in somewhat regular rotation on MTV of all places... this record is all around one of the best releases coming out of the NYC area in the 90's.

3. The Bruce Lee Band - S/T - this highly overlooked gem from 1997 features (Skankin' Pickle / owner of Asian Man Records) basically fronting Less than Jake. This album is a prime example of the style, and quality of quirky ska-punk records Asian Man Records was releasing back in the day, and was a huge influence on our labels. Over the years now, a handful of bands have had releases on both AMR and Asbestos or Underground Communique Records and we couldn't be prouder than to finally be involved with one of Mike's bands.

4. The Toasters - Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down (Deluxe 2xlp with tons of bonus tracks!) Arguably the most mainstream success from any Toasters album (as it was impossible to turn on MTV in the late 90's without hearing the title track of this album as bumper music for everything) this record finished the year off at #8 on the Billboard reggae charts, as well as spawning two amazing singles in the title track, and "i'm running right through the world". Rob "Bucket" Hingley is by far one of the most important figures in the Ska scene world wide, and his Moon Ska, and Megalith records has been responsible for bringing attention to what would become a good deal of our favorite bands, and we couldn't be prouder than to be involved with this landmark record on the bands 30th anniversary. This double LP will include a good deal of unreleased bonus material!

now that those are all announced... we will be getting the kickstarter up by the end of the week! we need all of your help to promote it! Once again we're doing some bonuses for everyone if we hit certain levels of funding (ie you guys help us blow out our goal, instead of pocketing the cash everyone gets free records!) so please do us a solid and let all your friends know!

yeah we're gonna tweak it a little bit, better clarify some things.... but if you guys have any cool ideas of extra options you'd like us to consider adding let us know!

Screened covers would be cool. I know it would be a lot more work but alternate covers for some of the tests or more limited variants would be cool. Like I said a lot more work would be involved so I can see this not happening.

I'd love to see the Hepcat LPs pressed.

Scientific, Right On Time, and Push 'n Shove are already out there. I just got a copy of Scientific for $8.50 from Interpunk (though it took them a couple weeks to ship it out to me). And it looks like there's copies of the other two on Discogs right now for pretty reasonable prices. Out Of Nowhere would be rad though.

I don't care what anyone else thinks. Goldfinger, Goldfinger, Goldfinger!

I'd love to pick up the S/T or Hang-Ups. But from things Flood has said in the past, it sounds like the rights to Mojo releases have changed hands numerous times, so getting the licensing for those albums is prohibitively expensive. Or something like that.

ska sucks. ska revival isn't cool you stupid fuck. the bands are only in it for the bucks. and if you don't believe me you're a schmuck. but the trend will die out with any luck. yo ho. yo ho. rudy, a message to you rudy, a message to you rudy. fuck you rudy.

That being said, can't wait for The Slackers lp!