The Criterion Collection Thread (24 hour flash sale at criterion.com)

Korine just wrote the screenplay for Kids he didn't direct it.

But I agree there are a ton of movies that need to come out in the collection some that come to mind are:

[Rec]
Somewhere

Spring Breakers

Submarine
Kids
Elephant
Moonrise Kingdom
Dog Tooth
Battle Royale
and Lost in Translation to Name a few 

I know most of those will never happen but I still feel like those films are good enough they deserve a Criterion Release. Than again those are some of my favorite films.

Wow, didnt think anyone else actually loved Spring Breakers :) And you beat me to mentioning my favorite Criterion release:

AntichristDVD_.jpg

Wow, didnt think anyone else actually loved Spring Breakers :) And you beat me to mentioning my favorite Criterion release:

Spring Breakers is a great example of film and story though metaphor, which is why I love it so much, I loved how many people went in expecting a project X but got a dark commentary or religion and temptation. I could watch Anti-Christ for the cinematography alone.

Spring Breakers is a great example of film and story though metaphor, which is why I love it so much, I loved how many people went in expecting a project X but got a dark commentary or religion and temptation. I could watch Anti-Christ for the cinematography alone.

YES & YES. I love watching the slo-mo walk through the forest at night (over a bridge?). It's like a painting.

I totally didn't get anything out of Spring Breakers other than these people are awful and "Look neon!" Care to elaborate?

I think Happiness should come to Criterion. Also KITH's Brain Candy.

It's all about region an temptation, alien represents the devil tempting the girls into sin which is why the film starts of with a church scene. 

I found this explaining it all: http://imgur.com/a/AQGDC

There are a lot of readings you can do of Spring Breakers. Korine has said the girls all represent one aspect of a single character.

My interpretation was that it was commenting on the spring break as consequence free hedonism. Which is why

the only characters we see suffer lasting consequence (death) are people who live there. Alien, Gucci Mane, and all his henchmen or whatever die while the girls treat robbing/murdering as a vacation activity and get to go home to their "real" lives. Two of them even get to ride off into the sunset after murdering dozens of people.

It also said some interesing things about racism. Partying and doing tons of drugs with a bunch of rowdy white dudes? FUN! A bunch of black dudes calmly playing pool? OMG SO SCARED I HAVE TO GO HOME.