The Criterion Collection Thread (24 hour flash sale at criterion.com)

• 4 weeks later...

If you don't want to wait until November for the next B&N sale, Best Buy has one going on right now.  Not sure how long it'll last but still.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&st=criterion

• 1 month later...

I would wait on Eraserhead guys. Apparently the first batch they put out has a defect around the 65 minute mark in the film. The screen I supposed to go bright white during Jack Nance's reaction but instead just goes black.

I bought mine already before knowing, but for the other people who have bought it, they've offered to replace the disc for free so it's not that big of a deal.

I would wait on Eraserhead guys. Apparently the first batch they put out has a defect around the 65 minute mark in the film. The screen I supposed to go bright white during Jack Nance's reaction but instead just goes black.

I bought mine already before knowing, but for the other people who have bought it, they've offered to replace the disc for free so it's not that big of a deal.

they already took care of it. from the description on criterion.com:

DIRECTOR-APPROVED EDITION:

• New 4K digital restoration, supervised by director David Lynch, with uncompressed stereo soundtrack on the Blu-ray
  • “Eraserhead” Stories, a 2001 documentary by Lynch on the making of the film
  • New 2K digital restorations of six short films by Lynch: Six Men Getting Sick (1967), The Alphabet(1968), The Grandmother (1970), The Amputee, Version 1 and Version 2 (1974), and Premonitions Following an Evil Deed (1995), all with video introductions by Lynch
  • New documentary featuring interviews with actors Charlotte Stewart and Judith Roberts, assistant to the director Catherine Coulson, and cinematographer Frederick Elmes
  • Archival interviews with Lynch and members of the cast and crew
  • Trailer
  • PLUS: A booklet featuring an interview with Lynch from filmmaker and writer Chris Rodley’s 1997 book Lynch on Lynch

New cover by Sam Weber

Second pressing

;)

they already took care of it. from the description on criterion.com:

DIRECTOR-APPROVED EDITION:

• New 4K digital restoration, supervised by director David Lynch, with uncompressed stereo soundtrack on the Blu-ray
  • “Eraserhead” Stories, a 2001 documentary by Lynch on the making of the film
  • New 2K digital restorations of six short films by Lynch: Six Men Getting Sick (1967), The Alphabet(1968), The Grandmother (1970), The Amputee, Version 1 and Version 2 (1974), and Premonitions Following an Evil Deed (1995), all with video introductions by Lynch
  • New documentary featuring interviews with actors Charlotte Stewart and Judith Roberts, assistant to the director Catherine Coulson, and cinematographer Frederick Elmes
  • Archival interviews with Lynch and members of the cast and crew
  • Trailer
  • PLUS: A booklet featuring an interview with Lynch from filmmaker and writer Chris Rodley’s 1997 book Lynch on Lynch

New cover by Sam Weber

Second pressing

;)

Oh!  Awesome then.  Thanks for the heads up!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...