Disc Golf

I love disc golf. I used to play all the time back home in Michigan. I only use two discs, the Avair (putt and approach) and the Tee-Bird which is a stable long range driver. I know that I could carry more, but I like to keep it simple. I need to find people and places down here in Orlando so that I can get back out there. I seriously had some of the best conversation I've ever had during disc golf. It's such a good time.

i just started getting into it. There's one course around me here in Syracuse, but i am moving to Rochester which has three or four courses. i only have one disc right now, the Innova Eagle, which is pretty good all-around. Really fun sport that i wish i had the chance to play more than i do now.

There is only one course near me now, but in high school we'd play almost everyday. There are a whole bunch of legit 18 hole course that are really well maintained. I throw an XL exclusively, occasionally I'll borrow a putter and use that, but generally I'm a one disc guy. That works for me, I can throw it a lot of different ways so I've never had a need for other discs.

I can't play as often anymore since I throw sidearm and it hurts my elbow now after a lot of tosses.

seriously.....why the fuck does this "sport" exist???

over here, the only people that play are fucking neo-hippie trash, just a bunch of ex-frat dudes high as balls throwing shit at trees

That's the complete opposite of people who play here in Ohio, but then again bashing a "sport" for the type of people who play it is just silly. I guess that goes with the stigma of this "sport".

I just picked up a Champion Leopard and a Blizzard Champion Destroyer not too long ago. The Destroyer is super light and floats on water and I use it for long drives and the Leopard for shorter ones. I recommend the Champion plastic over the LX for more durability

seriously.....why the fuck does this "sport" exist???

over here, the only people that play are fucking neo-hippie trash, just a bunch of ex-frat dudes high as balls throwing shit at trees

What's wrong with throwing things and walking around in the forest? That's the best part of discing!

Been playing off and on the last 15 years. Its a whole lot of fun and the courses here are usually all 18 course holes. The usual disc golfers here done really fit a pattern. You get the usual frat guy drinking a few over the course of the game to the usual stoner who hits his pipe every 3rd hole. Most are just your average everyday person who gets off work and goes and shoots a front or back nine. Then again its austin and every other person plays here. We have like 13 or so courses in city and surrounding areas so nothing gets stale. I just wish i knew people who played more regularly because id go more often.

I don't know if I run with the wrong crowd or if Buffalo just doesn't have it, but I don't know a single person here that has ever even brought it up.

Honestly, I can't say I feel like I'm missing out. I hate normal golf and think frisbee is dumb, so a combination of both doesn't seem like it's for me.

I don't know if I run with the wrong crowd or if Buffalo just doesn't have it, but I don't know a single person here that has ever even brought it up.

Honestly, I can't say I feel like I'm missing out. I hate normal golf and think frisbee is dumb, so a combination of both doesn't seem like it's for me.

There's a course at Chestnut Ridge, but I haven't played it personally.

In college we didn't have any courses nearby so we just picked a target, set a "par" and tried to hit it. I'd love to play on a real course someday, but I'm pretty terrible at frisbee (except Kan Jam, for some reason I do pretty well with that).

Since we're on the topic of frisbees, anyone outside of Buffalo play Kan Jam or has it still not broken out of our area?

In college we didn't have any courses nearby so we just picked a target, set a "par" and tried to hit it. I'd love to play on a real course someday, but I'm pretty terrible at frisbee (except Kan Jam, for some reason I do pretty well with that).

Since we're on the topic of frisbees, anyone outside of Buffalo play Kan Jam or has it still not broken out of our area?

I've played Kan Jam a few times - in Connecticut, but with fake buckets. My friend from Rockland has a set.

but honestly, ultimate is a pretty intense sport.

[media=]

[/media]

this is my friend Chip making the catch.

Eh... I'd rather play flag football, but honestly that's not high up on my list of favorite activities.

Oh yea, I forgot I saw the Chestnut Ridge course when I was walking my dog there one time.