MAN ADVICE

so here's one.

she's been flaky. pretty much since we started seeing each other, but it all seemed legit, so i didn't think much of it. but today is the third straight day she's cancelled plans on me because she has too much work to do. she has a job, a demanding summer class, and an internship. again- legitimate. but it just feels like she makes these plans with me knowing she has all this shit to do. 

even tonight. i was supposed to go over when i got out at 6:30. when i got out, i had a text saying "hey i'll be home at 9". now she's saying she probably won't finish her homework by the 12:00 deadline.

swears she's free the next 4 days...

That's whats up, you have a determined and driven woman there. You got 4 days coming up.

Nuts to Red Foreman, we need some Clarence Boddicker up in this bitch!

"See I got this problem...VC posters don't like me, so I don't like VC posters."

B)

so here's one.

she's been flaky. pretty much since we started seeing each other, but it all seemed legit, so i didn't think much of it. but today is the third straight day she's cancelled plans on me because she has too much work to do. she has a job, a demanding summer class, and an internship. again- legitimate. but it just feels like she makes these plans with me knowing she has all this shit to do. 

even tonight. i was supposed to go over when i got out at 6:30. when i got out, i had a text saying "hey i'll be home at 9". now she's saying she probably won't finish her homework by the 12:00 deadline.

swears she's free the next 4 days...

It sounds like she legitimately wants to hang out with you, but is probably overextending herself with her other responsibilities.  I would give it a few more days, give her some a little more space texting/calling-wise and then, when she does actually free up, she'll be comin' round the mountain

does she live with her parents rybread? even when I was really busy with school, work, and everything else I'd still make sure I'd at least get to sleep with my man.

go over there when she's about to go to bed, have sexy time, cuddle, sleep.... then morning sex.

lives with her parents. blahh.

i'm supposed to be going over there later on this afternoon- to an empty house supposedly. but the last two times we had these plans, shit got in the way.

i think i just got dumped?

got a long winded text from her saying.. wait, yeah. just got dumped. even worse when you realize that your phone didn't show you the whole text at first.

that whole thing where she's been over extending herself? she says she's way too stressed out and doesn't have time for this right now. or to answer her phone either apparently.

she's probably right in saying we rushed into it. things just felt really good when they started off, especially when we were constantly available for each other. but then after a few days away, and a couple busy schedules, we came back down to earth. not to say i wasn't having a great time with her, but it definitely wasn't the same honeymoon feeling.

she said she still wants to hang out. and the summer course that's been kicking her ass only goes for a couple more weeks. hopefully this is just a bump in the road and that she needs a little time to get over her stress.

i'm alright with it. again, hoping she just needs to have some time to herself and stop stressing. this is one that i'd really like to hold on to.

plus, and i know i've mentioned this before, the sex is just too good to not have anymore..

i never really got that though, if you want to be with someone, you'll find a way to make it work no matter how busy you are... right? you'd think she'd want you around while she's stressed to calm her down and whatnot.

i know. and i kind of made that point.

we talked on the phone briefly, and it wasn't really accomplishing much. she said that she still wants to see me, and recognizes that it's selfish. and then i started talking where my mouth wasn't cooperating with my mind at all, and the next thing i knew she was crying and asking if we could talk later.

so i wrote her a very long message pretty much telling her that i'm willing to take a back seat to all of her studies and responsibilities because i recognize that those are obviously way more important than a guy she's been seeing for a month. told her to take a week or two to get her head on straight and just consider that this is something that we can make work, even if it's part time for a while. which it probably should be anyway.

after all of it, she responded saying it was the nicest thing a man has ever said to her, and that i gave her a lot to think about.

but she also said that she's going to take the trip we planned to providence next weekend without me. pretty bummed about that.

i'm just grateful that i have a place to come vent about this stuff. but with that, i would like to point out that beyond my tl;dr, that i can't possibly pretend that this even holds a candle to what rudeboy just got slammed with. i'm so sorry to hear about that. i wish you all the absolute best in handling such a shitty situation. good luck, and keep your head up.

we talked on the phone briefly, and it wasn't really accomplishing much. she said that she still wants to see me, and recognizes that it's selfish. and then i started talking where my mouth wasn't cooperating with my mind at all, and the next thing i knew she was crying and asking if we could talk later.

so i wrote her a very long message pretty much telling her that i'm willing to take a back seat to all of her studies and responsibilities because i recognize that those are obviously way more important than a guy she's been seeing for a month. told her to take a week or two to get her head on straight and just consider that this is something that we can make work, even if it's part time for a while. which it probably should be anyway.

after all of it, she responded saying it was the nicest thing a man has ever said to her, and that i gave her a lot to think about.

See why couldnt my girlfriend at the time handle it like this girl? As for rude boy, Im really fucking sorry dude. Thats horrible and I know it doesnt mean anything, but I wish you the best of luck

but she also said that she's going to take the trip we planned to providence next weekend without me. pretty bummed about that.

i'm just grateful that i have a place to come vent about this stuff. but with that, i would like to point out that beyond my tl;dr, that i can't possibly pretend that this even holds a candle to what rudeboy just got slammed with. i'm so sorry to hear about that. i wish you all the absolute best in handling such a shitty situation. good luck, and keep your head up.

it's really cool when someone is just understanding and supportive like that.

Sounds like it was something she's not used to. I had never experienced that either (until bigbruise :wub: )

I now don't know what I'm going to do with my life. The only thing I could think to do was get as much of my shit as I could and go back to my parents to regroup. I'm gonna get fucking plastered downtown tonight with a bunch of friends I haven't seen in years.

You're young. At least it happened after 3 years of dating and not 10 years of marriage. Your life not written in stone yet.

Reconnecting with old friends is a solid start. Just gonna suck for a while. No way around it. The more fun you have without her the quicker you will get out of the funk and hit your stride again.

I now don't know what I'm going to do with my life. The only thing I could think to do was get as much of my shit as I could and go back to my parents to regroup. I'm gonna get fucking plastered downtown tonight with a bunch of friends I haven't seen in years.

Make a solid attempt at finding a betty to go home with. That'll be more rewarding in the morning as opposed to a hangover.