MAN ADVICE

i'm having a pretty rough go at it right now.

a week ago, she texted me saying she can't be in a relationship.

by tuesday, she made it sound like she was just stressed out.

wednesday, she visited me at work, asked to come to the movies with me later that night... and then didn't.

we then made plans to go hiking thursday morning. and while chatting deep into wednesday night, she even asked me to go over her house at 1:30.

that didn't happen. neither did hiking. instead, i pretty much got a cold shoulder for the duration of thursday- when she went to boston with a friend for the day/night.

so i texted her mid-day saying that the mixed signals bullshit needs to end, and that she clearly needs more time to think about things. that was my own little device to keep myself from going crazy. because if she's not talking to me, at least i'm the one that called for it.

but this weekend, we had plans to visit a friend in rhode island. of course, that didn't work out. she still went.

and this is the friend who we met through. so when i texted her a happy birthday on friday, naturally, we discussed the situation. nothing was said that crossed any lines- although i did find out that she didn't seem to mention any of the parts where she was making/breaking plans with me. the conversation didn't give me a lot of hope. mostly sounded like she's venting to her friends in the mindset that she's over this.

got a text from her yesterday saying "that's my best friend. don't talk about our business. you know i care about you, but it's uncomfortable hearing about it from her." (what?)

based on everything that goes on in this thread, i'm sure everyone is going to say "hey, just move on, she's clearly not worth it."

but here i am on a sunday morning, barely able to get out of bed (ok, pretty hungover..), and just feeling really low.

i miss her. and i just really want to believe that she'll come home and snap out of this. 

i'm just so fucking sick of this routine. the only thing different here from every other woman i get involved with, is that i actually got a couple weeks of good sex out of it.

I know how you're feeling man. Ive been feeling super low the past few days and its been like over 2 weeks now since I stopped talking to her? And I know what you mean about the whole sex thing. This girl was easily the best sex Ive ever had. 

well. i just had the absolute worst day of my life. it'll be a fun story once i.. once i'm ready.

but at least it took my mind off this shit for a few hours.

i'm going to get drunk now.

So while making my rounds last night I bumped into one particular girl and her 2 friends at 2 different bars. We exchanged hellos at the first bar and at the other she just came up and sat beside me and my friend and started chatting me up. Drinking ensued and a couple hours of yapping went along with it. During the convo she mentioned that she was only in town for a few days because she was visiting her cousin. This isn't unordinary because I live in a beach town that's a tourist trap 7 months out of the year. So 2am rolls around and I ask her if she wants to go back to my place for a drink and tell her that her friends are more than welcome to tagalong. She comes back and says, "Let's go. They're just gonna go home." Perfect. We go back to my place, the deed gets done and she sleeps over. We wake up this morning, do the morning after deed and then she asks if I can take her home. Of course I agree to take her home because I'm not a complete jackass. We get in the car and I ask where her cousin lives to which she replied, "I dunno but I have the address". She then proceeds to give me the address and I instantly realize that it's by ex-girlfriend's address. FUCK! So then I start hoping that maybe my ex moved or maybe her cousin is one of my ex's roommates. That turned out to be some very wishful thinking. We pull up and on the porch sits her 2 friends and my ex. "Wanna come meet my cousin? She might wanna come with us to the beach tomorrow.", she says. "I'm sorry, I just don't have a lot of time right now.", I replied. In my head the only thing I'm thinking is "FUCK. FUCK. FUCK". Well, it took all of about 2 hours for my ex to text me, "So you met my cousin". I'll be honest, I don't have the balls to reply. If this was any other ex-girlfriend it really wouldn't bother me but this particular ex is the only one I ever considered a future with. I hate her but I still love her. When we see each other out it's awkward the way we try to avoid each other until we inevitably wind up exchanging a small amount of words. I always thought she was the one but once it as over, it was over. I always left a little empty space in my heart in case we ever tried to reconcile and she told me a few times (when we still spoke) that she would do the same. That's obviously never gonna happen now that I banged her cousin and I'm cool with that. My conundrum is do I at least shoot her a quick reply to the text and do I even bother texting the cousin later about our beach excursion tomorrow? If there was ever a time to be a fly on the wall, it would be today. My ex was never a shit-slinger so I'm not too worried but then again, they're family and I inadvertently crossed a line. My friends say to just forget about it and blow them both off but I really wanna save some face here and like I said, I'm not a complete jackass. So, serious interwebs MAN ADVICE...what should I do?

first of all.... WOW, that sucks. out of all the random bar girls you had to find her cousin.

also, how long have you guys been broken up?

I would just send a short and sweet text to your ex -- "sorry. I had no idea. I would have even talked to her if I knew it was your cousin."

You are effed on both girls. Just be a decent dude and walk away with a clean conscious.

Then again, I do have a casual acquaintance who dated a girl for a long time and then banged her sister later, so I guess anything is possible. And that was no honest mistake. He's a goofy looking motherfucker too.

first of all.... WOW, that sucks. out of all the random bar girls you had to find her cousin.

also, how long have you guys been broken up?

Been apart for almost 2 years.  I fucked it up, not her.  It's just weird for me becuase out of all the girls from my past she's the only one I would ever allow back in to my life.  I've never once given thought about a lifelong relationship until I was with her. 

Continue to bang the cousin till she leaves town. (if she's still down for it)

Chances are there is no rebuilding with the ex at this point, so yeah, what do you have to lose.

Honestly, I'm not even sure that my ex has told her cousin that I am her ex-boyfriend. Therein lies another problem.

Be a man: try to get a threesome out of it.

Unfortunately, i don't think they're kissing cousins.  Just bunking cousins.

So while making my rounds last night I bumped into one particular girl and her 2 friends at 2 different bars. We exchanged hellos at the first bar and at the other she just came up and sat beside me and my friend and started chatting me up. Drinking ensued and a couple hours of yapping went along with it. During the convo she mentioned that she was only in town for a few days because she was visiting her cousin. This isn't unordinary because I live in a beach town that's a tourist trap 7 months out of the year. So 2am rolls around and I ask her if she wants to go back to my place for a drink and tell her that her friends are more than welcome to tagalong. She comes back and says, "Let's go. They're just gonna go home." Perfect. We go back to my place, the deed gets done and she sleeps over. We wake up this morning, do the morning after deed and then she asks if I can take her home. Of course I agree to take her home because I'm not a complete jackass. We get in the car and I ask where her cousin lives to which she replied, "I dunno but I have the address". She then proceeds to give me the address and I instantly realize that it's by ex-girlfriend's address. FUCK! So then I start hoping that maybe my ex moved or maybe her cousin is one of my ex's roommates. That turned out to be some very wishful thinking. We pull up and on the porch sits her 2 friends and my ex. "Wanna come meet my cousin? She might wanna come with us to the beach tomorrow.", she says. "I'm sorry, I just don't have a lot of time right now.", I replied. In my head the only thing I'm thinking is "FUCK. FUCK. FUCK". Well, it took all of about 2 hours for my ex to text me, "So you met my cousin". I'll be honest, I don't have the balls to reply. If this was any other ex-girlfriend it really wouldn't bother me but this particular ex is the only one I ever considered a future with. I hate her but I still love her. When we see each other out it's awkward the way we try to avoid each other until we inevitably wind up exchanging a small amount of words. I always thought she was the one but once it as over, it was over. I always left a little empty space in my heart in case we ever tried to reconcile and she told me a few times (when we still spoke) that she would do the same. That's obviously never gonna happen now that I banged her cousin and I'm cool with that. My conundrum is do I at least shoot her a quick reply to the text and do I even bother texting the cousin later about our beach excursion tomorrow? If there was ever a time to be a fly on the wall, it would be today. My ex was never a shit-slinger so I'm not too worried but then again, they're family and I inadvertently crossed a line. My friends say to just forget about it and blow them both off but I really wanna save some face here and like I said, I'm not a complete jackass. So, serious interwebs MAN ADVICE...what should I do?

This is perhaps one of the most amazing stories I have ever read on here. If I were you I would just be honest and upfront about it, tell her you had no idea. Had you an idea it was her cousin you wouldn't have done anything.

This is fucking awesome. If I could bang my ex's cousin (who's really fucking hot) I totally would because I know how jealous she would get and it would be nice considering what she has put me through for no reason. As for your situation YES hit up the cousin for another beach trip. Continue fucking her. You already did twice, you cant erase that. She already knows. Now does the cousin know thats your ex? Also you didnt know. Cant blame you for that. Just keep banging her please. Cause not only does this story rule, its a girl you dont need to worry about the pressures of dating while shes in town just visiting her cousin. Plus chances are she still wants it. So keep hitting it.

This is fucking awesome. If I could bang my ex's cousin (who's really fucking hot) I totally would because I know how jealous she would get and it would be nice considering what she has put me through for no reason. As for your situation YES hit up the cousin for another beach trip. Continue fucking her. You already did twice, you cant erase that. She already knows. Now does the cousin know thats your ex? Also you didnt know. Cant blame you for that. Just keep banging her please. Cause not only does this story rule, its a girl you dont need to worry about the pressures of dating while shes in town just visiting her cousin. Plus chances are she still wants it. So keep hitting it.

i'm not quite sure you should take this advice.

i'm not quite sure you should take this advice.

Definitely not. This wasn't some sort of vindictive, premeditated revenge fuck; it was just sport fucking gone terribly awry. I'm not gonna text the ex back. Instead I'm gonna do this the old fashioned way and call her since things can get twisted when reading words on a screen. Pray to Buddha she doesn't ask me to meet her somewhere.

Definitely not. This wasn't some sort of vindictive, premeditated revenge fuck; it was just sport fucking gone terribly awry. I'm not gonna text the ex back. Instead I'm gonna do this the old fashioned way and call her since things can get twisted when reading words on a screen. Pray to Buddha she doesn't ask me to meet her somewhere.

Plot twist: Strange threesome ensues

real plot twist:  nothing happens, everyone moves on with life.  i mean, 9/10 times people, myself included, get worked up about shit like this, nothing ends up coming of it.  let it play itself out.  everyone is going to be cool.  if you get REALLY lucky with this one, maybe it'll somehow deliver a reason for you to start talking to your ex again and that'll happen.