MAN ADVICE

i think she has a serious problem. she blacks out when she drinks and does all this messed up stuff. then asks the next morning “did I do something bad”

doesn’t own up to anything. just says she can’t remember.  how do you just lose 8-9 hours of your life???

it really bothers me. I'm trying not to let it affect me, but I can't even be normal around her anymore since the last blackout incident.

what are you supposed to do when you realize someone you’ve been friends with for 17 years is a really genuinely shitty human.

one of my oldest friends- same thing. it's a struggle to still be friends with him, and that goes for the rest of the very tight group of friends that i've had since 8th grade. and it's his own fault for making it so difficult to just hang out with him. 

he's a recovering alcoholic. and when he used to drink, it was a double edged sword. the stories that accompanied his no-limit drinking are still legendary. but every one of them involves one to three of us having been there, enduring whatever hijinx occurred. 

now that he's sober, he's not a total mess. but he's also boring as fuck because he no longer ends up in situations where he drunkenly burns a candle to turn japanese, passes out in mid stroke, burns half his house down.

what are you supposed to do when you realize someone you’ve been friends with for 17 years is a really genuinely shitty human.

You need to ask yourself if this person is worth the hassle/worth being in your life (regardless of living situations, this can always be sorted out).

If the answer to that question is no, then you need to decide to either tell the person how you feel (which rarely goes well from my experience because a person like you're describing will never see themselves from any other perspective and if they are always right, then they are always right and will turn the situation to be you at fault), or just stop associating with them (even if that means moving out or finding a new living situation). =\

My experience: People like that are not worth it and will only bring the drama.

i think she has a serious problem. she blacks out when she drinks and does all this messed up stuff. then asks the next morning “did I do something bad”

doesn’t own up to anything. just says she can’t remember.  how do you just lose 8-9 hours of your life???

it really bothers me. I'm trying not to let it affect me, but I can't even be normal around her anymore since the last blackout incident.

Is she single?

So I met this girl who went with my friends and I to Riot Fest. Met up with one of my friends out there who I let crash with us in the hotel. I was really feeling this girl, the feeling was mutual, didnt bang or anything just taking things slow. But turns out, her and my friend hooked up years ago and didnt even realize they knew each other the 2 days we were all together until today. I just found out and am not so much weirded out, but feeling awkward. Am I the only one whos felt like that in this sort of situation?