MAN ADVICE

Having no idea what the inspiration is behind this line of questioning...I am just going to throw this out there.

If you go to some girl accusing her of being a reefer-addict immediately AFTER telling her that you don't like her meeting up with her dealer and find out she's doing it anyway,it just sounds like a sad, plan B, attempt to manipulate and control her reasonable actions.

These days many women are not digging the possessive types.  It's not endearing or cute.  It's creepy and sometimes scary.

It's not like the good old days when a man could tell a women who she could talk to, where she could work, and what she should cook for dinner.

What bothers you about the dealer?  Do you think she is blowing him for dime bags?

I actually just broke it off with her. What bothers me is she never told me she was going to buy it. Then when she told me she bought it for her friends she never smoked it. Until recently she was saying she smokes it but not that much. In any case it's over now and I'm going to move on.

Marijuana is technically an opiate, and yes opiates can be highly addicting (for certain people). Addiction is defined by many professionals as continued use of a substance in spite of direct consequences (I.e. lazy, can't hold down a job, can't be productive, etc.). Sounds like she honestly just wanted to blaze a few times a week, though.

Marijuana is technically an opiate, and yes opiates can be highly addicting (for certain people). Addiction is defined by many professionals as continued use of a substance in spite of direct consequences (I.e. lazy, can't hold down a job, can't be productive, etc.). Sounds like she honestly just wanted to blaze a few times a week, though.

Yea she was and that was fine with me. My problem was that she said you couldn't tell me because I'm a non smoker. She said she didn't like to talk about it to people who didn't smoke and she kept it a secret.

Opiates are highly addictive. (Opium, heroine, morphine, oxycodone) But I'm more than fairly certain that you are wrong about marijuana being an opiate. Reason being, different drugs work by stimulating different parts of the brain. Opiates stimulate opioid receptors and marijuana (cannabis) stimulates cannabinoid receptors. Google if you don't believe me. But I will concede that it is possible that cannabis does indirectly also stimulate your opioid receptors, probably does, in fact, and that's probably why some get hooked (stimulates lots of stuff, including your pineal gland, I think that's why if you smoke weed right before you go to sleep, you tend not to dream! [also stimulates yr appetite, hehe 'the munchies.']) But it is not an opiate itself, that is false. Plenty of things probably stimulate your opioid receptors, I think sugar and caffeine probably do as well, two of the most commonly ingested (and legal) drugs on the planet.

So anyway I quickly googled and got this result, discussion regarding the affects of cannabis on the opioid receptors: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/archive/index.php/t-455925.html

But I'm too lazy to go through it, besides the best way to learn about drugs is by doing them! ;)

*edit* ^those people seem to be saying that smoking weed while on opiates hits you extra hard... well, duh!

It is not an opiate, whether it stimulates opioid receptors, though, I am uncertain. You'd probably have to ask a neurochemist.

Regardless, addiction is still possible and the second part (about addiction) I believe is accurate.

He told me he spent 30 grand on his last album. I couldn't believe it. But no he could not get it up. And conveniently after that I never saw him again because I met bigbruise.

Opiates are highly addictive. (Opium, heroine, morphine, oxycodone) But I'm more than fairly certain that you are wrong about marijuana being an opiate. Reason being, different drugs work by stimulating different parts of the brain. Opiates stimulate opioid receptors and marijuana (cannabis) stimulates cannabinoid receptors. Google if you don't believe me. But I will concede that it is possible that cannabis does indirectly also stimulate your opioid receptors, probably does, in fact, and that's probably why some get hooked (stimulates lots of stuff, including your pineal gland, I think that's why if you smoke weed right before you go to sleep, you tend not to dream! [also stimulates yr appetite, hehe 'the munchies.']) But it is not an opiate itself, that is false. Plenty of things probably stimulate your opioid receptors, I think sugar and caffeine probably do as well, two of the most commonly ingested (and legal) drugs on the planet.

So anyway I quickly googled and got this result, discussion regarding the affects of cannabis on the opioid receptors: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/archive/index.php/t-455925.html

But I'm too lazy to go through it, besides the best way to learn about drugs is by doing them! ;)

*edit* ^those people seem to be saying that smoking weed while on opiates hits you extra hard... well, duh!

It is not an opiate, whether it stimulates opioid receptors, though, I am uncertain. You'd probably have to ask a neurochemist.

Regardless, addiction is still possible and the second part (about addiction) I believe is accurate.

You are right, forgive my oversimplified answer. Weed is not an opiate but does stimulate the cannabanoid receptors in the brain, and like other addictive drugs (such as opiates) increases dopamine in the limic and tegemental areas of the brain ("reward system") that triggers addiction. Your post pretty much nailed it, though.

the sister of one of my best friends just called me.

i mean.. i would never. and only about 50% of it has to do with it being my friend's sister.

but still. i feel filthy having been on the other side of that "hey, what are you doing?" call.