Coheed & Cambria--The Afterman: Ascension Vol. 1 10/9/12

Listening to the demos now, they are called the Big Beige demos, Big Beige being the name of Claudio's studio at home. They are a little raw sounding and have no bass or drums on them. One demo for each song except The Hollow which instead has a demo of a song called The Homecoming as track 9 which is nearly 4 minutes long. Homecoming is pretty good, would love to hear a full band version but I don't think that will happen.

Random Tidbit, the album and the Big Beige demos are both exactly 39:29 even with Homecoming instead of The Hollow.

Ga1 isn't even close to run of the mill. Ga2 had a completely different sound and the only thing run of the mill from yotbr was that they had another good soft song with pearl of the stars though nothing can touch light and glass, though wake up is a good second

I'm also enjoying Vic the butcher right now. And the statements above are my opinion, yes you're entitled to yours as well

makeshift, i said GA was the beginning of their current sound. i'm not sure how you're defining 'run of the mill', but what i mean is that, what they crank out now is very consistent to the sound they started on GA. the first two albums are more punk/emo records with prog elements, GA is when they started the full blown stadium prog sound.

also, as much as i bitched about this album it keeps growing on me. (evagria is fantastic!)

i was up at vintage vinyl last night when they were putting out the new releases and they only had one copy.

wouldn't let me buy it.

i intend on being there when they open today just to make sure it's mine.

Listened to this a few times last night after downloading it from the deluxe box set pre-order. I immediately liked it. It feels as old Coheed for sure. "Vic The Butcher" was an instant standout track for me.

I will agree that Holly Wood felt odd and out of place.

The demos are kinda cool to listen to but not on repeated listens.

makeshift, i said GA was the beginning of their current sound. i'm not sure how you're defining 'run of the mill', but what i mean is that, what they crank out now is very consistent to the sound they started on GA. the first two albums are more punk/emo records with prog elements, GA is when they started the full blown stadium prog sound.

Truth. I like that they attempted to go back to the IKSSE:3 style with Goodnight, Fair Lady. It is lazily similar to Faint of Hearts, but it doesn't bother me much. Both cover somewhat similar scenarios in the story (I'm being generous here I know) so I'm justifying it with that, haha.

I'm hoping for a couple more 8 minute epics on Descension, with one ending it in a grand finale. That was my issue with No World For Tomorrow. It was the end of the story, it needed a huge ending and it just petered out.

I think ga1 and 2 may be close to the same but yotbr was so far away. I said everyone can have their own opinion. My statements were not to start a debate. I just feel that each album has had their own sound while similar, still different. This one is getting back to the old days and I agree than Vic the Butcher is one of my favorites off this album

this album... eh.

thats what i thought at first, but it's growing on me fast.

i went out and bought the LP this morning, and listened to the cd in the car twice while running errands and stuff, then put the record on when i got home.

really starting to dig it a lot.

holly wood still bothers me, but it's melodic parts aint half bad.

i'm actually kind of interested in the character. the song is pretty vague other than she's crazy and likes guns.

thats what i thought at first, but it's growing on me fast.

i went out and bought the LP this morning, and listened to the cd in the car twice while running errands and stuff, then put the record on when i got home.

really starting to dig it a lot.

holly wood still bothers me, but it's melodic parts aint half bad.

i'm actually kind of interested in the character. the song is pretty vague other than she's crazy and likes guns.

ya, ill give it a few more spins. i thought dominoe the destitute was pretty good and then rest of it was just "eh."

Came home today to find this waiting. My cousin had just bought the LP at FYE, and I was like "I wish mine would come in!" And bam, got home and it was here. Gonna put this on my iPod and listen, then soon it when I have some more free time.

And to the person who said No World For Tomorrow's ending wasn't epic, I disagree. I love On the Brink and think it was a great ending to a long story.

Anyone know anything about this?

http://www.vvinyl.co...eige-demos/2928

I already "bought" one because I'm a fanboy. "Bought" because it sounds like they only process your order if they have enough in stock.

8 track Demo LP, 1000 copies only on CLEAR VINYL

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/index.php?/topic/80083-black-friday-2012-rsd-releases-updated-109/