PO: The Faint - Danse Macabre Reissue

Here's the article: http://pitchfork.com...-danse-macabre/

Pre-Order it here: http://saddle-creek.com/store/550

On October 30, Saddle Creek will reissue the 2001 record Danse Macabre from Omaha electro-punk band the Faint. The album will come remastered with six time-appropriate bonus cuts, on 2xLP and 2xCD/DVD formats. The vinyl also includes the 2xCD/DVD and a 12-page booklet, while a 48-page booklet accompanies the CD version.

Download a bonus cut, 2003's "Take Me to the Hospital", via the widget below. Also check out the reissue's tracklisting and the Faint's upcoming tour dates.

Danse Macabre:

01 Agenda Suicide

02 Glass Danse

03 Total Job

04 Let the Poison Spill from Your Throat

05 Your Retro Career Melted

06 Posed to Death

07 The Conductor

08 Violent

09 Ballad of a Paralysed Citizen

10 Take Me To The Hospital ^

11 Mote (Sonic Youth cover) *

12 Dust [ft. Bright Eyes] *

13 Falling Out Of Love At This Volume (Bright Eyes cover) !

14 The Conductor (Thin White Duke Remix) %

15 Glass Danse (Out Hud Remix)

^ from 2003's Saddle Creek 50 compilation

* from 2001's Mote/Dust EP

! "Agenda Suicide" B-side

% from 2002's Danse Macabre Remixes

It's $25...Here's some more info:

One of the crown jewels of the dance-rock movement, Danse Macabre, will be reissued on October 30! In addition to being remastered from the original tapes, the deluxe edition features a second CD of bonus material as well as a DVD including archival video footage from the band, live projection videos from that era's tour dates, the agenda suicide music video (MK12), some live footage and more.

Limited Edition (of 3000) Deluxe 2xLP/2xCD/DVD includes:

- Remastered 180g 2xLPs manufactured at RTI.

- Remastered 2xCDs of entire album and bonus material.

- DVD with archival video footage from the band, live projection videos from that era's tour dates, the "Agenda Suicide" music video (directed by MK12), some live footage, and more!

- New liner notes (written by Marc Hawthorne) and photos from the band's personal archive

Wish it was Blank Wave Arcade. My copy has been played to shreds. I actually just picked up a cheap copy on discogs since the dude up top was talkin about it. As for this being released I was thinking it was a cash grab for FYF, then realized thats a dumb thought cause the show's in 11 days and this comes out in a couple months. Me and another dude on here saw them on the Danse Macabre tour and I saw them a year earlier at The Smell in LA for the Blank Wave Arcade tour. That show was amazing. Like a 500 person mostly clothed orgy. That doesn't sound fun actually, this show was. LOVE The Faint!

I have an original, as well as the Mote/Dust 12", and even the CD single that has "Hospital" on it, yet I still kinda want to buy this. I mean, it's from the master tapes, pressed at RTI, so it and include some extras. Doesn't seem like a horrible deal. But like I said, I do have an original...

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for your order of Danse Macabre (Deluxe Edition) [Remastered] on vinyl!

Due to circumstances outside of our control, the LP has been delayed. It will now be in stores on NOVEMBER 20. We hope to have them in-house on NOVEMBER 6 and will get them shipped out as soon as we have them.

You will still receive your full album download on OCTOBER 16. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thanks,

Nate/Saddle Creek

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for your pre-order of the forthcoming album:

The Faint - Danse Macabre (Deluxe Edition) [Remastered]

Due to circumstances beyond our control, the album's release date has been delayed until November 19th, 2012.

We will be making the album available digitally on October 30th and you will receive an email on that date with instructions on how to download your album.

Physical pre-order packages will now ship on November 6, two weeks prior to the November 19th in-store date.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

• 4 weeks later...