So...what is a VC HYPE BAND?

jhulud

So glad the board moved on from this. I couldn't take any more earnest bearded guys writing awful country and bluegrass songs and trying to pass it off as "punk" somehow.

Not just this board but in general. I never got into Austin Lucas and stuff like that. I didn't get the hype.

That said, even though they have sold millions of albums, how has nobody mentioned Blink 182 just for the sake of mentioning it?

isnt that subjective tho? what i might think is an amazing album you may think sucks ass.

again im not sure what it means but i take from it that it means a band that is gettting alot of attention that doesnt deserve it, if thats wrong then id like to know.

if that is the case then is it fair to throw a negative label on a band just because they release a good album and alot of people are digging it?

again im not sure what it means so i may be way off base, but again ive seen the term thrown around alot and im wondering what i missed.

granted im not nearly as active on boards as i was a few years ago

I need an example of this.

I bought that Such Gold LP based on the hype around them and am sorely disappointed. My autographed poster is really sweet however.

I saw them last night (Such Gold) and I was stoked to see them based on the hype on this board over them and a couple songs I had heard. I was definitely let down, they were horrible live.

So glad the board moved on from this. I couldn't take any more earnest bearded guys writing awful country and bluegrass songs and trying to pass it off as "punk" somehow.

I agree with you in part to this. Tim Barry\Chuck Ragan\Dave Hause put out some solid albums/eps. But I felt the rest of the whole "Rival Tour" thing was crammed down our throats a bit.