Signed records

I think the only signed record I have is The Artificial Heart's s/t lp. And they were offering that for awhile when orders were up. I did jokingly ask for a robot dinosaur on it and got a pretty cool drawing too.

I used to get bands to sign stuff all the time when I was younger, but now I don't really care. I've got NUFAN's "More Betterness" signed by Tony Sly and Rory, that one kind of resonates more now. I also have a bunch of posters, setlists and all that crap.

I guess I've just never understood the whole autograph thing. "Hey, I like your music, can you write on something I own like it's rent check". To each their own though. I would rather just offer to buy somebody a beer and have a conversation then see how they sign their credit card receipts

I don't really agree with it, but I DO have a few. I think anything non-personal is ridiculous.

Me and Robthepenguin went to the Asian Man 15 fest together and did a helluva lot of shopping around SF. Found an original Jawbreaker Whack & Blite 7" at Grooves - The guy behind the counter said he hadn't realized his 'buddy' Adam played drums for them. He immediately picked up his cell phone without saying a word and called/told Adam there were some kids with somethin' he might like to see. We stopped by his video store the next day and hung out/talked for an hour or so. Ridiculously cool. He was stunned that we'd found it in a local shop. Gave us some of the history about the pressing and what was going on with the band at the time. He signed the W&B 7", and Robthepenguin's Busy 7", and gave us a few posted notes with some of his favorite places to eat/things to do around town.

I will never let that fucking record go.

Funny enough, he searched around the shop for other Jawbreaker things - gave us each a crap-ton of buttons. Also gave me a book "some kid had came out with and was trying to get me to read". It ended up being 'Nothing Nice To Say'

I do enjoy collecting records and autographs (baseball, football, hockey, musicians, etc). I have a few autographed records in my collection from Juliana Theory, Fun, Jack's Mannequin. Personally I would never get a valuable or rare record signed. Having them signed would diminish the mint status of that record.

Same reason I would never get a valuable rookie baseball card signed. Let's say I have a rare $500 Derek Jeter rookie card that is unsigned and in mint condition. Let's also say a typical Derek Jeter signed card is worth $100. If I were to get that rare rookie card signed by Derek, it now would only be worth $100. It would be much better to get some other common Derek Jeter card signed instead.

I do enjoy collecting records and autographs (baseball, football, hockey, musicians, etc). I have a few autographed records in my collection from Juliana Theory, Fun, Jack's Mannequin. Personally I would never get a valuable or rare record signed. Having them signed would diminish the mint status of that record.

Same reason I would never get a valuable rookie baseball card signed. Let's say I have a rare $500 Derek Jeter rookie card that is unsigned and in mint condition. Let's also say a typical Derek Jeter signed card is worth $100. If I were to get that rare rookie card signed by Derek, it now would only be worth $100. It would be much better to get some other common Derek Jeter card signed instead.

Or you could just listen to the music on them.