New VC Feature: Collection Manager (Trade List) - COMING SOON!

admin

can we not copy and paste?

You wont techincally have to type everything out again. We will be building a database based off Discogs as well as what you enter. So the idea is once one person enters lets say

Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon LP (Black, 2011 pressing)

You will be able to search Brand New or YFW and just select and add to your list. This way you are not typing in info that is already available, over and over.

what's the benefit of using it here instead of just doing it right on the discogs site?

Basically the idea is VC is a collectors community. Most come here to find vinyl. This release is just the basis of what is to come next. The overall picture is to help people on VC easily connect and find those records they are looking for.

Also, if you do not want to recreate an entire collection list you can start with your "wants" or a "Sales/Trade" item. Then you can use the features on VC to reach out to th community and fulfill your wants or sell your items for sale.

I also personally feel that the way we approached it is a bit more organized than how Discogs did it.

this sounds rad. sounds a lot to me like theyre combining our DF and discogs lists, removing all the nonsense, and putting a shiny new toy in our laps.

is VC becoming the WWF of the monday night wars here?!