Streetlight Manifesto - The Hands That Thieve

Well Streetlight just posted on Twitter: 

"New samples of "The Hands That Thieve" available at the Streetlight Manifesto site along with release date news."

https://soundcloud.com/pentimentomusic/sets/streetlight-manifesto-thtt

No release date yet (they hope to have one within the next few weeks) but the album has been mastered!

Good news.

Also, because of the wait, it looks like they are offering a nice bonus:

"With every single pre-order (from the RISC Store) of the new album of any size (from the CD by itself to the Mega Bundle) we will be including a free live EP CD that we recorded on the “Hands That Thieve Tour” last fall.  The free live EP will be an exclusive RISC Store gift and is the only professional live Streetlight Manifesto recording to date."

Ooh, somewhat of an answer. . .

After enough behind-the-scenes melodrama to keep a soap opera scripted for a few years, we finally got confirmation that we will be announcing the release date of our long delayed record "The Hands That Thieve" this Friday.

We are all beyond excited that we can finally see the end of the tunnel, and you'll all be able to hear the hard work that has gone into this record.

Once again, we profusely apologize for the wait, and are eager to hit the road in the near future to support the new tunes.

If you haven't already pre-ordered the album, you still have the opportunity to do so up until the actual release date. All pre-orders made through the RISC Store, will come with a free gift from us, a live EP CD, recorded during the last US tour.

Yes.

Folks,

The album is finished and we
want nothing more in the world right now than to have it be released
immediately. Unfortunately it’s not solely up to us. We thought we were
out of the woods and were set to announce a proper release date on
Friday, but instead, things just got more convoluted.

Once
again, we apologize for the delay. The release date will be announced
soon, one way or another. We appreciate your support as always.

Streetlight Manifesto

Hahahah! Funny, but wow what a shitty label. Get it together, collaborate with your artist and release this shit. How hard is it?

Seems like an immature back-and-forth finger pointing between Victory and Thomas. I wonder if this will even come out this year. Either way, I'm glad I held off on preordering.

I'm fairly convinced the label is torturing the band and their fans because of how the band libel/ slanders them. Victory would rather wait make the money (other than all the pre-order stuff) just so the band has to wait to make money off the album, and piss off all their fans. Its almost over between the two and I think the label is trying to make the band suffer as long as possible. Its obvious the band is trying to get the album out (they'll probably end up leaking it with all this going on, it wouldn't be the first time, SitB leaked ahead of time) so what is the hold up? What is the point of all this? I can't imagine much else would be hindering them. 

Although someone posted todays update, Friday the band said this: "To keep you extremely up-to-date, we and Victory (and our respective lawyers) are working hard to hammer out a release date ASAP Hang tight."

It is interesting, but honestly I tend to feel there's fault on both sides.  There's no secret there is a rift between the artist and the label, but I don't understand why this happens with every release.  What does victory have to gain by screwing them over?

I also find it interesting that despite all the apparent sincerity the band shows and how (despite what I said above) the label does appear to somehow be fucking this up for the band, many people in this thread still chose to pre-order from victory instead of the artist directly, either because it was cheaper or to get the vinyl on cool colors.  <_<

It is interesting, but honestly I tend to feel there's fault on both sides.  There's no secret there is a rift between the artist and the label, but I don't understand why this happens with every release.  What does victory have to gain by screwing them over?

I also find it interesting that despite all the apparent sincerity the band shows and how (despite what I said above) the label does appear to somehow be fucking this up for the band, many people in this thread still chose to pre-order from victory instead of the artist directly, either because it was cheaper or to get the vinyl on cool colors.  <_<

Yeah, I thought that was really shitty of people on here.  And these delays are why I chose to wait to preorder, and if I do, I'll get it through the RISC store without a doubt. 

I also blame all this on Victory.  It seems to me that they're pushing Streetlight to hurry along the process and keep prematurly announce release dates.  I'm curious to see when the band gets away from this label how things will be different.

Yeah true. I feel like the band may keep putting up announcements for announcements to put pressure on the label and on themselves to get something done. It makes the label look bad when they keep saying "We're ready to tell you! Oh wait. Nevermind! Blame Victory!" I feel like the label being a large money machine is still making a lot from other bands so fucking with Streetlight and not making money off this release is a bigger hit to the band than the label. Victory could be being especially vindictive to the band and Tomas in particular for slamming the label over and over again, and even going on Russia Today, the nation's state sponsored news organization bashing the label and the music industry. (Which can be seen here, if anyone haven't seen it: http://rt.com/programs/keiser-report/episode-264-max-keiser/  its about halfway through the video.) 

Tomas also wrote something on twitter that disappeared the next day. It was two tweets that were to the effect of "a certain record executive just called me a sissy faggot" and "he also said his gay brother could beat me up". So there's quite a bit of mudslinging going around over all this. As if there could possibly be any more reason to hate Tony Brummel, then he says some fucked up homophobic shit like that. He's disgusting. And if Victory is just fucking with the band as revenge for the "download our music for free, don't buy merchandise from Victory," as well as the decade of public hatred the band has done in regards to the label, to stall them from making money and to piss off their fans, they're doing a good job. Streetlight's facebook page is loaded with basically just people calling them assholes.