Streetlight Manifesto - The Hands That Thieve

I just listened to the new album all the way through for the first time, it's fantastic! The horn parts are fantastic on it, not that they were bad in the past. And I agree that "Ungrateful" is one of the best.

Hopefully the vinyl will actually be released before May 20th, but who knows. I think it's shitty that they weren't on top of it. They could realistically have been pressing the records during all the lame post-recording delays. 

Does it bother anyone else that Victory is still taking pre orders for the 3 limited variants? A band as big as streetlight would have sold out of those a long time ago. With my luck I'll order one and get a solid black.

There's nothing wrong with black vinyl. I think its a superior product. Very easy to find tracks, keep clean, inspect for damage. Plus usually has less surface noise. I have a black red split LP. The black is quiet, the red is fuzzy.

I've been listening to this for a couple of days now. By far their most diverse album. And by far their best. If I had to pick a fault, right now it'd be that the basslines aren't as amazing as I'd hoped. But they're still far and above anything else out right now.

This album fucking rules. And for victory to be playing a bitch card with its release is a shame. Not only a complete disrespect to the band, but a huge slight on victory as a whole. It should be out and be enjoyed by the masses by now.

I HATE illegal downloading, but everyone(even if you don't like the band) should download this ASAP

Ungrateful is the song of the album in my opinion. It really stands out.

Part of me agrees and part of me is so torn between so many of the others. Toe-to-Toe is phenomenal, along with With Any Sort of Certainty and Oh Me, Oh My and...I mean honestly, the entire album is incredible. I've listened to it more times than I'm proud to admit since its leak (It's pretty much been the only thing I've listened to in almost a week) and I know my opinions on the songs are going to change. I never end up with the same favorite on a Streetlight album that I start off with (ie. Somewhere in the Between initially switching over to a tie between Receiving End of it All and Down, Down, Down on the last album)

i cancelled my order with VR

i dunno why i put it in at all tbh. blind early adopter haze thinking they would sell out fast.

i'll get one direct from risc when they're out

How did you order through them? I paid with Paypal and emailed Victory asking for a refund last week, but they said I'd either have to accept store credit or fill out some credit card authorization form so they could put the refund back on a credit card. Reimbursement through Paypal isn't an option because it's been more than 45 days, he said, and filing a claim with Paypal doesn't work because of the same reason.

How did you order through them? I paid with Paypal and emailed Victory asking for a refund last week, but they said I'd either have to accept store credit or fill out some credit card authorization form so they could put the refund back on a credit card. Reimbursement through Paypal isn't an option because it's been more than 45 days, he said, and filing a claim with Paypal doesn't work because of the same reason.

That sucks. I would believe it if there was a rumor that they did that on purpose with the release.

Toh Kay version news, has anyone seen this yet?

I died a little inside.

tohkay-cancelled_large.jpg

(Check the site)

First the With Any Sort of Certainty video, now it seems VR is going to completely take down the Toh Kay version. Also, from some sources (dunno if confirmed) if you ordered from RISC then the Live EP may not exist anymore :C  

By the way, all you guys should be ordering from the RISCstore. Although coloured is very tempting, I'm not really a fan of the direction Victory Records is going with the band.

So I've listened to this at least 14 or 15 times now. Fucking best album they've put out. The horn melodies are just too good, they are what really get me on any Streetlight song, but this is just too catchy.

If I had to pick a favorite track right now it would be either "The Hands That Thieve" or "With Any Sort Of Certainty". I can't wait to hear the full Toh Kay album too.

Edit: Shittttttt. I just saw the above post. I am not cool with this at all. Wouldn't this have come up before with all the other bullshit?