PO: Further Seems Forever - Penny Black

If you expected an album that made you feel the way moon is down made you feel in 2001, your expectations were way too high. If moon is down was released today, it would have very little impact. The new album sounds enough like the same band without being embarrassingly cheesy. It's more mature and just pretty good. If I didn't like FSF as much as a kid, I wouldn't have given this thing a second listen.

Just enough nostalgia.

It's not the nostalgia thing at all.  If I heard Moon is Down for the first time today, I would probably still love it just as I did when I was 18.  The new album lacks everything FSF has been known for, the vocals sound way too over-processed, the guitar work is simple and the tone is just plain awful. 

I understand what Ronnie says about the guitars. They seem much more simplistic than anything FSF had done before and I was hoping that Nick would have had some awesome stuff written since he left. Chris's  lyrics are a little on the weak side (a lot of the choruses are simple) and remind me of Dusk and Summer era DC which is terrible. All in all though, to hear the original band back together and new songs that arent terrible is nice. I listen to it now and again and enjoy it and get the feel that if you saw them do it live you would walk away with a much greater appreciation for it.