how you growing your collection ?

I can't bring myself to order all colours for releases. I'd rather buy three of four different records than that many variations of the same album; there is just way too much good music out there. I do have some exceptions though, for instance, I own Jesu's self-titled album on both black vinyl and on picture disc because they were different pressings and the picture disc looked really good when it came out a year later. I also own two copies of Minus the Bear's Planet of Ice, simply because it's such a good album I felt like I needed two of them.

I just try and focus on getting at least one of every release for bands I love, and that works pretty well for me.

I am only buying one color per title and moving on. There are some exceptions; if I get my hands on a rare pressing, I will sometimes grab a less rare copy to listen to, just to keep the rarer record in better shape. Also, I'm picking up as many variations of the Chuck Ragan records that I can, so long as I get them while they are still available for a few bucks, no ebay. I abandoned trying to collect every color of every HWM record months ago, and sold off many copies I had. Now I have at least one of each record and I'm done. They're pretty much the only band I'd want every single color of.

i do what i can as far as getting all the colors. sometimes its hard, especially with new, unmarked releases. but then again, it has to be a band/record that i REALLY care about. but there are some records i would just like one copy of (ie. i would be fine with just one orange copy of maybe i'll catch fire, and thats it)

I like to get black copies to play and colors copies to have. I usually pick up all the colors for the bands I like the most but don't worry too much about all the random under 50 variants and such. I also attempt to complete discographies before I attempt to get all the colors of a single release.

I like to get black copies to play and colors copies to have. I usually pick up all the colors for the bands I like the most but don't worry too much about all the random under 50 variants and such. I also attempt to complete discographies before I attempt to get all the colors of a single release.

exactly. discography to me is much more important.

I'm somewhere between how cadet and xfedaykinx feel...for me, it has to be a band that I am a hardcore fan of and would search everything and anything released...it gets expensive after a while though...right now, I am focusing my search/completion on ISIS and Brand New...yeah, two bands that are not necessarily cheap to complete a collection of...but it's fun and exciting finding good deals on some of their older stuff.

Minus The Bear's "Planet Of Ice" is actually the first release I've bought more than one variation of -- I bought all four colors of the first pressing. Not sure why I did it, actually, but normally, my opinion is, I'd rather own four different records than own four copies of the same record.

Minus The Bear's "Planet Of Ice" is actually the first release I've bought more than one variation of -- I bought all four colors of the first pressing. Not sure why I did it, actually, but normally, my opinion is, I'd rather own four different records than own four copies of the same record.

I just end-up spending too much money and buy four different records with four different variations.

im pretty sure the only record that ive gone out of my way to buy more than one copy of is Pennywise - About Time and the second copy i bought was a test press /5. only reason i even bought it is because its the record that got me into punk but other than that id much rather buy different records to listen to rather than have multiple copies of the same record.