Just lost my job

pushbacktosquare

Wanna know some details... ok, here ya go.

I work at GameStop. Many of you gamers may be aware of the ESRB ratings. Well, for those of you who don't know, if you don't look over the age of 30 and you want to buy a rater M game (17+), you need a parent or guardian to do so.

Well, last week I got a kid trying to buy Naughty Bear (Rated T) and Dragon's Dogma (Rated M). I didn't card him. He was 16. He was also a secret shopper that was sent from the company to see if we are following store policy.

I had been trying to get another job for about 4 weeks. I was tired of GameStop and I wanted to work somewhere different. Somewhere more rewarding. And somewhere with less angry customers.

Today, I got called in for an interview to tutor for a tutoring agency in Los Angeles called Think Together. After the interview / placement test, they decided they would go ahead and hire me on the spot. I couldn't be more excited to start this new job as I'm sure it's going to be much more rewarding position.

Within the span of the last 24 hours, I managed to get fired AND hired. What a day it's been to say the least.

I'll go ahead and look through the PM's now. Might sell some stuff, might not. I'll get pack to all the PM's by the end of the night. As for this thread, I guess there is no need for the sale. Thanks guys for the good vibes and condolences.