Underoath - Anthology 1999-2013

Underoath call it a day.

Below is the official release from the band. I'm assuming this will be pressed on vinyl but pre-orders have not been announced yet.

UNDERØATH will cap its incredible run with the release of a career retrospective album, Anthology 1999-2013 – released November 6 on Solid State Records. With tracks culled from their 1999 debut, Act of Depression, through the instant classics on 2010’s Ø (Disambiguation), Anthology 1999-2013 is an essential collection of songs that celebrates the evolution of this seminal band.

Pushing Anthology 1999-2013 beyond a mere retrospective, the release gives fans one last chance to hear newly recorded material in the form of new tracks “Sunburnt” and “Unsound.” Recorded with longtime producer Matt Goldman, the two new songs represent the final material recorded by the band.

More information will be released next week.

They posted the track listing for this in the post on Facebook page.

1. Sunburnt

2. Unsound

3. In Division

4. Catch Myself Catching Myself

5. Paper Lung

6. Desperate Times, Desperate Measures

7. Too Bright To See, Too Loud To Hear

8. In Regards To Myself

9. You're Ever So Inviting

10. Writing On The Walls

11. A Boy Brushed Red Living In Black And White

12. Reinventing Your Exit

13. It's Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door

14. I've Got Ten Friends And A Crowbar That Says You Ain't Gonna Do Jack

15. When The Sun Sleeps

16. Cries Of The Past

17. Heart Of Stone

sort of. the early tracks came out on takehold, which got bought out by tooth & nail. i'm pretty sure tooth & nail owns the masters. but if they come out on cd, there's no reason they couldn't come out on vinyl. but why would this come out on vinyl when tooth & nail just reissued their two most wanted records on vinyl. why would anyone want to listen to this on vinyl?

Living in Tampa Florida, and seeing/having small talk with the guys out at bars and shows over the years, you could tell that they were ready to move on and be husbands and fathers. Not to mention a few of them have their side projects.

Furthermore, the last two hometown shows they've played since Aaron left have been far from sold out.

Overall I am really sad to hear about them breaking up. Underoath was definitely an influential band for me and helped me mature to what music I love today. I Have a lot of memories with all of their records and I am very happy that I was able to grab TOCS from SRC a few weeks ago. That and Define are definitely gems in my small but growing collection.

Anyways, thanks for letting me vent about Underoath. Just one of those bands that truly inspired me and has helped me get through a lot of tough times.