Rancid Essentials - 7" Box Set from Pirates Press

jipc

Guest mistermuffin

so it would cost about $1500 to get every single piece in every single color.....im sure there are a few fan boys that would buy that too, i know i would if my fav band did this

Guest mistermuffin

By my count, it would cost a little over $1,000...or less than $850 if you don't want the box/bat/flexi

the 3 colors of each big box set would cost $875 + the 3 colors of each 8 pack box set at about $15 to $25 each is about $480 + $161 for 46 dj black vinyl = $1516 ...a nice chunck of money but worth it for any super fanboy, its a cool collection with a ton of artwork so it would be really nice and exciting for the fanboys

the 3 colors of each big box set would cost $875 + the 3 colors of each 8 pack box set at about $15 to $25 each is about $480 + $161 for 46 dj black vinyl = $1516 ...a nice chunck of money but worth it for any super fanboy, its a cool collection with a ton of artwork so it would be really nice and exciting for the fanboys

I did not realize that by "to get every single piece in every single color", you meant both the album packs and the box sets. I'm under the impression that the album packs are exactly what go into the box, I don't think there'd be any reason to buy both since they're probably identical.

178,000 more rancid singles

230,000*

so looks like they are 1000 of each black vinyl individual record also:

color vinyl:

2000 x46 (92,000) boxsets

2000 x46 (92,000) album packs

black vinyl:

1000 x46 (46,000) individual records

total: (230,000)

that seems like .......overkill. I wouldn't mind having 3 of the album packs but fuck them being on 45s

230,000 units of VINYL. Biggest project we've ever been a part of. Pretty badass. Especially badass because it's for Rancid and Pirates Press Records. HONORED, EXCITED and BUSY, BUSY, BUSY... words that don't even sum up what we're feeling right now! #musthave #vinyl #rancid #piratespress #piratespressrecords #hardwork

230,000*

so looks like they are 1000 of each black vinyl individual record also:

color vinyl:

2000 x46 (92,000) boxsets

2000 x46 (92,000) album packs

black vinyl:

1000 x46 (46,000) individual records

total: (230,000)

that seems like .......overkill. I wouldn't mind having 3 of the album packs but fuck them being on 45s

"seems like"?!? I've seen a lot of crazy things on this forum (bible ashes in records, blood filled records, brewery bus tours, etc.), but I feel like this takes the cake. like, seriously, how many of these do they need to sell to break even?

"seems like"?!? I've seen a lot of crazy things on this forum (bible ashes in records, blood filled records, brewery bus tours, etc.), but I feel like this takes the cake. like, seriously, how many of these do they need to sell to break even?

my sarcasm didn't translate very well I don't think haha

but yeah ... that is absolutely ridiculous. even if they limited it strictly to 1000 pieces for each record total thats still a fuckload more than I would think reasonable. wish it was an LP box set for $100 or less I'd be on it in a heartbeat

They are "pressing" the records so they are saving a chunk of change right there.

Guest mistermuffin

I did not realize that by "to get every single piece in every single color", you meant both the album packs and the box sets. I'm under the impression that the album packs are exactly what go into the box, I don't think there'd be any reason to buy both since they're probably identical.

ohhhh maybe...that would be much more reasonable if thats the case

Guest mistermuffin

its really something that seems just to be for the real big fans to have in their collection, i cant think of anyone that would want this that isnt a rancid fanboy...it should be limited to a few hurnded copies maybe 1000 at max since im sure they have a lot of hardcore fans after 20 years

If a band like the Beatles did this, or Radiohead, it wouldn't be so bad, but Rancid? not dissing the band, it's just they're not big enough a band.

No, I disagree. No band should do this. Ever. Not only is it a huge waste of vinyl, they'll probably have to sell a whole lot just to break even. AND I really don't want to flip/chage a record 92 times to listen to the whole thing. It's just a pain in the ass. Terrible terrible idea all the way around... An LP boxset is always a much beter idea. I don't see why they couldn't just have gone with that.