Rancid Essentials - 7" Box Set from Pirates Press

jipc

^There are like rows of those and the remix 12"s at every record store I go to. It is obnoxious.

Every time I see the Radiohead divider card, I think "oh yeah, I've been meaning to get Amnesiac", and I pull back the records in front and those stupid singles stare back at me as if to say "nooooope".

I think it's funny that people are referring to this as a "cash grab." I know they have their own pressing plant, but unless they're going to press these to order with a limit of 2000 or whatever it is, it just seems like they can't possibly turn a profit on this type of release. Pirates does make good stuff though, so you know the packaging and presentation will be top notch.

I've got enough records that just sit on my shelf, so I'm with the majority here and gonna take a pass. I've got all the Rancid records and 7"s anyway, but it would be nice to get some type of 'reasonable' box set.

this is something that 95% of the people who buy it, will not ever listen to every record in the set and after about 2 records will immediately regret buying it....I think it's safe to say Rancid just devalued their entire catalog...because these will hit every discount site and every dollar bin within 1-2 years.

this is something that 95% of the people who buy it, will not ever listen to every record in the set and after about 2 records will immediately regret buying it....

Yep, I would be surprised if buyers actually listened to the whole set even once. It's going to sit on a shelf and collect dust. I really dig 7" 45s and have a lot of them, but still don't listen to them as much as my 12" records.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got my bat last week and my records yesterday. I got the white and there was 1 red vinyl mixed in by accident which was pretty cool. My only problem is the 7" flexi, they said it was gonna be 2 cover songs, but it was only 1 and it was Sheena is a Punk Rocker, which is an already released song, but overall stoked to have it.

Got my bat last week and my records yesterday. I got the white and there was 1 red vinyl mixed in by accident which was pretty cool. My only problem is the 7" flexi, they said it was gonna be 2 cover songs, but it was only 1 and it was Sheena is a Punk Rocker, which is an already released song, but overall stoked to have it.

Did anyone else receive their order yet?

• 3 weeks later...

Is PP shipping slow? I ordered over two weeks ago and haven't gotten shit

Yes, incredibly slow at times.  I ordered an album two months ago and still haven't received it.  And they've stopped responding to my emails, so I'm getting a little ticked now.  Some folks seem to get stuff quickly, others end up waiting and waiting.  I don't know what their issues are, but it seems to be a pretty poorly run operation.