Taylor Swift - Red

jhulud

I think Taylor's pretty darn awesome. The fact she writes all her own songs is pretty rockin. The only thing that I thought was a bit of a drag is on the credits for RED, she only plays guitar on 1 song. I thought that was bizarre cos she is known as a guitarist / singer, not just a singer. Still, the album's good. Looking forward to the vinyl release. She worked with Butch Walker on one track so I was expecting that song to have a massive chorus and be a huge anthem yet it turned out as a ballad. A shame.

I wish Taylor and Butch would work together on one entire CD.

I wish Taylor and Butch would work together on one entire CD.

That would be awesome as long as Butch was in the frame of mind that he was when he recorded Left Of Self- Centred as I don't think he's ever hit stadium rock status anthems since that album and his Marvelous 3 stuff. These days he has gone more Elvis Costello or something which can be good just that he is capable of so much more. He writes such great anthems and I would love to hear Taylor singing stuff with the anthemic style of something like Grant Park or Diary Of A San Fernando Sex Star.

Yes. Shipping was free.

Is it worth it? I'm biased and I'd say yes...BUT...all the add-ons like the Tervis cup and wristband thing really I wouldn't have use for. Unless I drink my beers out of the cup...but that's not even a true pint.

Ahh but It would keep it cold. Those tumblers are awesome!

So as expected, there are like gazillion different versions of Red released. The CD that is: regular, Target exclusive w/ extra tracks, UK, and a Walmart-only Zinepack. I hit up five Walmarts looking for that Zinepack one and nothing. They didn't even have the regular CD on shelves nor the supposed display stand for the release. In my work route (I work out on the road and cover a large territory in one of the counties here), I stopped at one of the most ghetto Walmarts I've ever been to in a very "eclectic" area. That's my usual 'hood anyways...soooooo...lo and behold, I find the damn Red Zinepak version...and even though no display, they had copies of Red on the shelves! Never would've figured.

PA261606.jpg

/cool story, Bro.

I will now join in on the hoopla. I won the cd from a local country station and just picked it up today on the way home from work. Only listened to the first five songs or so. Not bad, but I know myself well enough to know that if she wasn't my celebrity crush, there's no way in hell I'd be listening to this.