Taylor Swift - Red

jhulud

I was pretty surprised to see this thread was seven pages, and even more surprised that I read through all of them...but! My lady friend has got me listening to Swifty as of late, and she really has a lot more to offer than I originally thought. State of Grace is easily my favorite of the singles from Red, but I've yet to hear the whole album. She's beyond excited about the release, which in turn has me looking forward to it, too. Staying away from the leak in the meantime.

I'm kind of surprised at all the love for "Stay Stay Stay". It's not my least favorite by a long shot, and I actually like it overall, but that intro verse is so cheesy and I just think it's terribly written. After that part it's a great song, but because of it I wouldn't be able to put it in my top 3 on the album.

But forreal I listened to this at work all day yesterday, probably 7 or 8 times in a row. It's great. Plus I'm studying for a big actuarial exam and it's perfect study music.

I've listened several times through. I'm not sure if I like it more than Speak Now but it's still good. Can't wait to hear the Target exclusive tracks.

Top Likes: State of Grace, Treacherous, All Too Well and 22

Top Dislikes: The Last Time and Everything Has Changed

On the Fence: I Almost Do, Holy Ground, Stay Stay Stay and The Lucky One

On repeated listens so far, I really enjoy this album. As Tracy said, curious to hear the bonus tracks on the Target version.

It's pretty evident that with Red, Swift has veered almost completely from any country leanings. Even less pop as well. I'm feeling a real india vibe throughout the album. Maybe it's just me. But Red feels more mature and grown-up and pushing further from any trapping of pop music.

Or maybe I'm just so damn obsessed that I am now bordering on apologetic about being a hardcore/punk/metal kid who's also into Taylor Swift. ;)

Picked up the deluxe version this morning, can't wait to get home and decode the hidden messages haha. Oh Swiftie, love you :wub:

I'm very happy with the bonus tracks. They blend into the CD very well. I am in love with the acoustic version of "State of Grace". Completely different feel, but oh so worth the listen. Doesn't even sound like Swift.

On a side note (and yes, go ahead and mock me for this) but Target suckered me in. Got the Album Art T-Shirt and A MOTHER FUCKING THROW BLANKET WITH THE ALBUM ART ON IT! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

/end being stoked

My wife and I were just talking about the Taylor swift records being on vinyl, so weird! She's a great musician. You gotta love an artist that writes their own material! I'm gonna grab this on vinyl and cross my fingers it is on red :)

Pick up Speak Now too! Worth every penny!

On a side note (and yes, go ahead and mock me for this) but Target suckered me in. Got the Album Art T-Shirt and A MOTHER FUCKING THROW BLANKET WITH THE ALBUM ART ON IT! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

/end being stoked

I wouldn't even know what yo do with the throw blanket.