Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

Do not buy from "tms2787"..

A few of us on here had some shitty encounters with this guy. It seems crazy with this dude having 20+ positive buying and selling feedback. But I paid 14$ for a record from him. As a gift of course cause I felt there was nothing to worry about. I think yesterday marked a month that iv yet to hear from him. He's active on this site at least every few days as well. So he's seeing all of the private messages sent to him by everyone that haven't recieved their records.

Just a fair warning if this guy happens to pop up again!

Dealt with this guy. Got the record I purchased from him.

Haven't looked at this thread in a while, but are people really gifting $100 payments and shit? The fee is like $3. Just add it in. I guess it kind of goes without saying now

This. If you are willing to fork over $100 bucks to someone you don't know $103 isn't that much bigger of a deal. When I hear somebody say "gift" me the money I automatically feel like it's sketchy. So many things can go wrong: they can never send it, they send the wrong thing, it was damaged when they sent it, or it gets damaged along the way. The buyer is left with absolutley no insurance and no way to argue any case against the seller.

This. If you are willing to fork over $100 bucks to someone you don't know $103 isn't that much bigger of a deal. When I hear somebody say "gift" me the money I automatically feel like it's sketchy. So many things can go wrong: they can never send it, they send the wrong thing, it was damaged when they sent it, or it gets damaged along the way. The buyer is left with absolutley no insurance and no way to argue any case against the seller.

Shouldn't buyers technically buy insurance to guard against the PO fuck up? It's not the seller's fault. Just cause PayPal favors the hell out of the buyer doesn't mean that it is technically right.

The fairest way would be a gentleman's agreement between the two parties (if you could 100% trust them) that a lost package would be split 50/50. Neither person did anything wrong and deserves to take 100%.

I use the gift function very selectively and it hasn't burned me (yet). Probably saved $50 in fees over the years, so if it does bite me later, I'm still ahead (cause I'm not gifting on anything more than $50).

it actually is very helpful, just use the search, and the posts pop right up.

The only issue I have with this statement is that it is retroactive, rather than proactive. Plenty of people come in here and search after the deed has been done, versus it being pushed to them beforehand (not everyone, some read this thread regularly, but not all).

If number of mods is an issue, then get more mods. Have one dedicated to just this. Plenty of qualified candidates. Plenty if other sites have mods that are designated to just one subforum / task.

Stay away from edwardsgluegun, he's a fairly new eBay user. Sold 3 records and gave him two weeks out of kindness to make payment and he never came through, he also half ass responded to my messages. If he bids on anything on eBay cancel that shit immediately. Nothing pisses me off more than people who bid and can't or don't want to pay OR can't just be up front with you about it.

Another beardxcore update....I'm supposed to be getting my refund tonight from his "dad" - and he also told me that he's liquidating any records that his son has, hahaha.  He even said he was going to send me a list, and I could pick things from it for free.  We'll see if ANY of this actually happens today.

I got a refund from beardxcore's Dad. Both parents seem to be fairly understanding and accommodating. The money was refunded as a Paypal cheque and so I'm not giving up the claim til it's actually in my account as I'm still alittle dubious, but fingers crossed right?

He must be very grounded. How old is this criminal? He looked mid-20s in his twitter pics.

Man, he's in SoCal? Had no idea. Looked at his twitter and he's "selling" shit on there? Fucked up he's still taking money from people while it still seems he owes people on here. I'm surprised people from here haven't been blowing him up on there, he's extremely active and tweets a bunch every day it looks like.

I didn't buy anything from him but if I did that's where I'd be hitting him up, he seems to care about his presence on that site a whole lot.

so i picked up my alchemy index from the kid but a bunch of records he"sold" to people he didnt actually have sorry everyone. i had to meet with him and his mom. his mom claims her son has a "problem". whatever i got my alchemy index, a copy of artist and suburbia. the kid will probably never show up to a show again. sorry to everyone that got fucked over. if you have anything to say to him heres his info.

ig: houseofleaves66

twitter: houseofleaves66

kik: thenewfury555

phone number: 7146422141

hes going to seahaven tomorrow. 

Another beardxcore update....I'm supposed to be getting my refund tonight from his "dad" - and he also told me that he's liquidating any records that his son has, hahaha.  He even said he was going to send me a list, and I could pick things from it for free.  We'll see if ANY of this actually happens today.

Would love to see this list because I really wanted that record haha