Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

[...] So in face of all that, if you still want your vengeance go pm a mod. The evidence stands though that I never hurt anyone, nor intended anything malicious.

I'm surprised, Captain, I always liked and respected you.

I never sought vengeance, I am just telling you how it is.

The evidence stands that people called you out about shill bidding, you then pulled the auction and for a day or so explained in a relisted auction what you had done, until you decided to remove that part, maybe a wise choice as TPTB on ebay may not appreciate your self deprecating honesty as much as this board does.

I felt similar about you but I was first incensed on your blatant attempt to delete pages on the wiki (yes you wrote most of them, but still I spend many hours tidying code so you rubbished my time too) and secondly that I saw pm's you wrote where you were very open about maximising your return from NOFX collectors.

So call me cynical but respect needs to go both ways to be valued.

I never sought vengeance, I am just telling you how it is.

The evidence stands that people called you out about shill bidding, you then pulled the auction and for a day or so explained in a relisted auction what you had done, until you decided to remove that part, maybe a wise choice as TPTB on ebay may not appreciate your self deprecating honesty as much as this board does.

I felt similar about you but I was first incensed on your blatant attempt to delete pages on the wiki (yes you wrote most of them, but still I spend many hours tidying code so you rubbished my time too) and secondly that I saw pm's you wrote where you were very open about maximising your return from NOFX collectors.

So call me cynical but respect needs to go both ways to be valued.

I don't recall calling anyone on this, sorry. I never heard the term "shrill bidding" before this. What I did was only to get around paying the $2 reserve fee. The auction I attempted wasn't much different than a typical reserve.

I'm very sorry if my deleting my wiki entries hurt your codes. Honestly, I have no idea how that works. The discography I made was a labor of love, hours of taking photos + hours of creating webpages. I worked 3 jobs and was a student, I was devoting my only free time into that. It just really upset me the way I was treated on that board, so I didn't

What you didn't know Captain, was that I also spent hours of my free time and $30 in train fees traversing Tokyo trying to find the NOFX 7IOTM record you wanted. Yes a few years ago, I saw them everywhere, but I didn't buy them because I was waiting for a collected version. Then I saw #2 and #3 so I bought them, unaware that one was rare. At the time I was trying to raise money to buy the white SW Ramones, if you recall. Someone on the wiki pm'd me and offered $70 for #2. I didn't want to sell it because I liked the song about Bad Religion, but $70 covered almost half of the white Ramones which I bought a few weeks later for $150. So, I actually made a big effort going to every record store in Tokyo and Yokohama to find those records just for you. (I tell you this so you are not so quick to jump on the "I hate Moonbeams bandwaggon.") But they were gone.

As for your point of maximizing sales, I'm not sure what I said, you'll have to dig up the pm, but I don't find anything wrong with this. I see my self as both a consumer and a dealer. I frequently buy from dealers who charge a high price. I bought a Misfits record last week that usually goes for $180 for $400. It was in absolutely flawless condition and a damn pleasure to listen to. I got the money by selling my colored records, including a yellow Decline for + green Go Sailor $170 (I really wanted to $200 for both, but the buyer was a really cool guy here, so I cut him a deal. That Go Sailor broke up my complete Go Sailor collection, my wife was surprised I let it go). So do I take advantage of collectors? Ask the people who have dealt with me instead of listening to people who don't know me and just seek to take me down a peg.

I don't remember too much of what I sold on wiki, but I remember my first sale was Louise and Liza with lyrics for $15. Is that ripping people off? 

How much did I try to sell you the NOFX box set for? It cost me $130. I believe my offer was somewhere between $110 and $150, you'd have to check the PM. But you said you just wanted the one 7", but other people did as well, so I put them on eBay separately to be fair. And you were outbid.

For me selling records is a strategy in order to get money to buy more records. But I do give lots of price breaks and freebees. There is this image of me as some evil flipper. Whatever, the people who have dealt with me know otherwise and the feedback remains a testament to that. Why not look at some names from the Wiki in my VC feedback, you'd be surprised.

The Wiki is the wiki.... only so much, you did not just delete your work but the work of others. Including mine and that pissed me off.

I am grateful that you were looking for records for me, but I am shocked that you spent money on it as I never wanted you too. I would have happily traded you something, but you only told me you were looking and they were gone, and not more. In any case I think it is all water under the bridge what happened over there, and from the hippocrits that flame you there and buy here I don't think much of anyway.

I have always been straight with you over there and hence my post here, I am not altogether surprised you don't like what I have to say but you have admitted yourself that it was not right what you have done. I have seen pms from you to others that also painted a picture. If you are interested in what I am referring to pm me as I won't use that same paint a picture from a transaction that I am/was not involved in.

I am just very disappointed as I could have been one of the people bidding..and tat for me is a cardinal sin in a community that trades which is largely built on trust.

I don't know anything about, nor give a fuck about people updating wikis so I can't comment on that part of this "discussion", but I will chime in to say that I've had a number of excellent experiences with Moonbeams. Both trades and purchases. He certainly doesn't sell things dirt cheap, but his shit is in excellent condition, with nice sleeves, and fantastically packed, so I'm totally happy getting records from him. I actually bought that Go Sailor record from him because I missed one that went cheaper on ebay earlier in the day. Did I pay Moonbeams more for his copy than I would have if I hadn't forgotten about the ebay auction? Yes. Was his copy absolutely beautiful and perfect? Yep! Did he toss in a couple extra freebies for me even though I talked him down $30 from his initial asking price? You bet. Am I a happy camper with the deal? Absolutely.

He pulled some stupid shit on ebay at some point? Okay, yes, that's lame. But given that he admitted to it and expressed how he felt shitty about it, and has stopped doing it, I don't see the need for a lynching. That's just silly anonymous internet mob anger. I mean, shit, I've shilled my own auctions before way back when I was a broke teenager in the 90s selling bootlegs for grocery money. I don't do that anymore, and I don't feel like I should be shunned for it. It was dumb, I stopped doing it, I moved on.

My point is, fuck it. None of us are saints. But on the sliding scale of morality and record trading, I'm gonna say Moonbeams is way over on the "good dude" side of things. Hardly someone I would think of mentioning as a "Terrible Trader/Buyer/Seller", as it were.

I just want to say thanks to Captain and Minor Incident.

What I did on eBay was wrong and stupid. I wasn't aware of how stupid it was until you guys pointed it out. I'm really sorry about that and I take full responsibility.

I realize that some people don't trust me anymore and that's the price I must pay for doing something stupid.

Thank you.

I would also like to come in on this also because I was lynched on this board over a transaction that didn't go smoothly. I made a mistake but I honestly was not trying to rip anyone off, and I expressed that I was sorry and I tried on several occasions to try and make it right for the buyer but we unfortunately could never come to a solution...very fair solutions I thought. I had random people on this board telling me fuck you and that I suck without even hearing me out... that's childish internet bullshit rage. Some of the accusations were very exaggerated and because I was a seller I was immediately bashed. I have apologized to the buyer and I never tried to hide anything from the start. Although I do feel I was unfairly mistreated and sometimes even felt like I was going to get ripped off just to make someone happy. That's why none of my proposed solutions panned out... it was either his way or no way. I know people will bring up the other negative feedback but that's a different situation and I did make it right with that buyer. I've been selling records for over 3 years and only seem to have issues on VC. DF and eBay it will have to be I guess. Not taking a shot at the board, this is actually a great community.

As for Moonbeams, I have bought several records from him on eBay and have been completely satisfied each time. Dude is backed.

Shill bidding is shill bidding. It is a dick move regardless who does it. But when you are also one of the most out-spoken members you make yourself an even bigger target for criticism.

At the very least you have discussed how much eBay sucks, but then you do the very things that make eBay a less than enjoyable place.

Shill bidding is shill bidding. It is a dick move regardless who does it. But when you are also one of the most out-spoken members you make yourself an even bigger target for criticism.

At the very least you have discussed how much eBay sucks, but then you do the very things that make eBay a less than enjoyable place.

There really isn't anything less to say, less repeating an apology every time someone chimes in with how much of an ass I was.

I did something stupid. I pulled the plug before anyone got hurt (one guy bid $5000 on the record, so I'm glad I ended the auction, imagine if another person had the same strategy. Then we would get into a new argument about retracting "litmus" bids). I apologized many times over. I contacted all bidders and offered them a generous discount that would have resulted me in losing money on the record.

I don't see what more else I can do about this and will put it behind me. My feedback is great and it reflects the transactions I've had with people.

See for yourself:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=mirrortuna&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Moonbeams and I have decided to pull this away from this thread and have clarified the allegations and all the back story which has nothing to do with VC.

Bottom line is that lessons have been learned and I am sure that if he would have been a bidder on an auction where the seller had done the same he would have felt equally the same as we did.

People make mistakes and they live or die with the way they deal with these. Being outspoken here and admitting a mistake to learn from it is a big thing to do. I have seen other people trying to justify their actions to the bitter end. Moonbeams is not that kind of guy. He actually listens and takes advice, and that makes him an upstanding member in a trading community.

So let the feedback he has on here and on ebay speak for itself and draw a line. I have edited my first post to reflect that.

Cheers Moonbeams. Let's move on.

Don't deal with Eric Tunge! (etphonehome)

Mailadress: [email protected], Deadformat: http://deadformat.net/tradelist/EricTunge

I bought 2 records from him here on the board. After 4 weeks i have asked him where the records are.

He mailed back after 1 day that there was an issue with the packed and that he shipped them out again.

Now i wait since 2 months, he doesn't answer to PM's or emails.

BEWARE

Known scammer and theif Rick Angley (duhboardwalk, gimmesomedrugs, rxa27) has resurfaced on eBay as Harmonika using the name Arthur Wagemann, who is actually his landlord.

In 2010, Angley stole money from a number of people here. As a seller, he would simply not send items and drag buyers on for months with stories about being in the hospital or losing his family. As a buyer, he has ordered colored records, claimed to PayPal they were black which forced a refund to him, then he turned around and sold those records on eBay.

Here is proof:

img3894hanv0x1i78.jpg

last address i shipped records to

Rick Angley
1238 Bradford Ave
Bronx NY 10461-6106
United States

• 2 weeks later...

i gotta vent. a guy from germany (ebay id: nothing.important) won a few records from me in may. i sent them out a few day later (may 14th), he still doesn't have them so instead of emailing me, he files a claim. the claim freezing my paypal money ($122!). i've never been through one of these and i was pissed. i called USPS, they couldn't help. called paypal, they couldn't help. contacted ebay (us) and ebay (germany), they told me what to do, but couldn't step in until 10 days after the claim was started.

So, i responded with the customs form number, the date sent, and a photo of the receipt and customs form. i also emailed the guy asking why he didn't contact me first and that we could work this out on our own and that sometimes usps first class internation can take a while. he sends me this back in return:

"Hello!

I still belief you've sent the vinyl. Hopefully they are on the way, or meanwhile at the customs/duty and everything arrives within the next ten days.

You still have your receipt/picture for shipping, so finally everything is insured through PayPal and you don't have to pay any money back.

Best regards"

so i was wondering, what will happen to me? has this happened to anyone around here before (surely it has)

also, in 10 years, this is my first overseas problem. it's making re-think overseas buyers on ebay.

/rant

i gotta vent. a guy from germany (ebay id: nothing.important) won a few records from me in may. i sent them out a few day later (may 14th), he still doesn't have them so instead of emailing me, he files a claim. the claim freezing my paypal money ($122!). i've never been through one of these and i was pissed. i called USPS, they couldn't help. called paypal, they couldn't help. contacted ebay (us) and ebay (germany), they told me what to do, but couldn't step in until 10 days after the claim was started.

So, i responded with the customs form number, the date sent, and a photo of the receipt and customs form. i also emailed the guy asking why he didn't contact me first and that we could work this out on our own and that sometimes usps first class internation can take a while. he sends me this back in return:

"Hello!

I still belief you've sent the vinyl. Hopefully they are on the way, or meanwhile at the customs/duty and everything arrives within the next ten days.

You still have your receipt/picture for shipping, so finally everything is insured through PayPal and you don't have to pay any money back.

Best regards"

so i was wondering, what will happen to me? has this happened to anyone around here before (surely it has)

also, in 10 years, this is my first overseas problem. it's making re-think overseas buyers on ebay.

/rant

That guy definitely should have messaged you first out of common courtesy but you should be alright since you have all of the proof you need to show eBay/Paypal that you sent those records out... however with the funds being frozen along with waiting the ten days out is the shitty and most frustrating aspect . Lately all of my listings include no international shipping, it's just too much trouble imo... figuring out costs, filling out forms, worrying about the abuse your mail might take, and waiting for the records to arrive to the buyer. It only took one bad transaction overseas to make me change my mind for future sales.