PO: As Cities Burn - Son, I Loved You At Your Darkest

If nobody tried to buy four copies of a record by a band that has never been on vinyl before, maybe everyone who wanted one could get a copy.

Understandable. Why are you blaming collectors though? That shit is inevitable. Demand clearly outweighs the supply and the only ones who can do anything about that is solid state.

Understandable. Why are you blaming collectors though? That shit is inevitable. Demand clearly outweighs the supply and the only ones who can do anything about that is solid state.

I'm not blaming collectors for Tooth & Nail pressing 500 copies on 3 colors when the demand was clearly higher. I am blaming them for flying into a blind panic whenever presented with variants. "Oh hey they pressed this album! A lot of people want this album, it has been talked about for literally years. I'd better get in my order, it's strange that they only pressed 500 considering the likely high demanOH MY GOD THERE ARE THREE COLORS ADD TO CART ADD TO CART ADD TO CART CHECK OUT PAYPAL CONFIRM OH MAN THAT WAS CLOSE I ALMOST DIDN'T HAVE THREE COPIES OF THIS RECORD"

It's fine when there are a million variants and it doesn't affect anyone because you can still buy black next week, and I keep my mouth shut in those situations, but when they announce a one-time pressing strictly limited to 500 (even when it doesn't turn out to be true) I would hope that people would stifle the boner they get from spending money like water and be courteous to those who just want a copy of this record, and pass on letting 2/3 copies rot on their shelves.

I'm not blaming collectors for Tooth & Nail pressing 500 copies on 3 colors when the demand was clearly higher. I am blaming them for flying into a blind panic whenever presented with variants. "Oh hey they pressed this album! A lot of people want this album, it has been talked about for literally years. I'd better get in my order, it's strange that they only pressed 500 considering the likely high demanOH MY GOD THERE ARE THREE COLORS ADD TO CART ADD TO CART ADD TO CART CHECK OUT PAYPAL CONFIRM OH MAN THAT WAS CLOSE I ALMOST DIDN'T HAVE THREE COPIES OF THIS RECORD"

It's fine when there are a million variants and it doesn't affect anyone because you can still buy black next week, and I keep my mouth shut in those situations, but when they announce a one-time pressing strictly limited to 500 (even when it doesn't turn out to be true) I would hope that people would stifle the boner they get from spending money like water and be courteous to those who just want a copy of this record, and pass on letting 2/3 copies rot on their shelves.

With you on all of this.

Ah, gotcha. Realistically though, that's not going to happen. But I'm in complete agreement with you man.

As a person who does collect variants, although not for this album (I only got two, and will likely sell the other at close to cost because I couldn't decide which one i wanted), it doesn't really make sense to buy every variant of a single album that's likely only getting pressed once unless you're going it to flip. I collect variant of bands, not albums. There are a certain few albums that I would buy every variant of outside of a collection, but not many. I used to be that way, wanting every variant, but then I realized it was dumb and expensive. Any Circa or TBS records, yeah, that shit's gonna be mine, cuz I have eclectic collections for them. But saying "yeah, I have a complete ACB collection" when they only have one album on vinyl is silly. I don't know why I said all this. I'm not arguing with anyone. Oh well. Hope everyone can get a copy. And I hope my copies that I ordered right away are safe. :P

• 2 weeks later...