DC TV (Arrow/Flash/Legends/Supergirl)

Yeah I agree. The slade / Oliver friendship is pretty cool. Reminds me of lex and Clark way back when.

I looked up who he is so I know too. I was just saying I was expecting the name to be Barry or Bart Allen. He was running fast and wearing a red sweatshirt. Oliver really picking up his own little super team. I know enough to pick up the obvious references but by no means knowledgable about the supporting heros and villains.

Also not sure if you watched preview or not but it looks like dead shot survived the arrow. Much better than killing him off in a single episode.

Realllly happy they're bringing him back. We'll see how the rest of the season plays out.

Fun fact- The Queen mansion is the same building as the Luthor mansion from Smallville.

Realllly happy they're bringing him back. We'll see how the rest of the season plays out.

Fun fact- The Queen mansion is the same building as the Luthor mansion from Smallville.

really?  i thought they looked REALLY similar with the staircase and all those mahogany interior walls & stone exterior walls, haha.

Another great episode. Nice to see a bit more of Deadshot. And I'm liking the new eye loads more. Tommy was very close to finding out about his father too. Lots going on.

I could see it easliy turning into a Clark/Lex style relationship(as you mentioned), though the secret is out now. Any thoughts?

Hard to say. That episode was just full of plot lines. And I'm assuming by the way things are going that they aren't going to have a single main villain per season, more a continually running storyline with villains coming in and out.

Seems like a fairly obvious storyline coming where Tommy learns about his father and is put between the two archers. Probably follows his dad initially, then comes back to Oliver. Similar to the Harry Osborn story in the Raimi Spiderman movies.

Hoping a few more people read this discussion and jump in. Know there are a bunch of comic readers from the Walking Dead thread. Not sure if they just aren't watching this show because of a bias against the CW. It's got nothing in common with Gossip Girl except the network.

ha, i laughed at the FOB reference.

not sure what direction the ollie/tommy friendship will go in.  it's true, he wasn't stoked to find out oliver's secret, but he's also still gotta be wondering how his dad knew how to kill and fight like that.  he might have more questions about his father's time finding himself for those 2 yrs he was gone.  i think a lot of it depends on if he ends up asking his dad more questions and what his dad ends up telling him.  at that point, it could seem like his dad is more open about his killer instincts than oliver and that could cause problems in the frienship like the whole lex/clark thing.

i never read any of the comics.  i just like the format of the show.  it feels like a guilty pleasure with slightly better writing than a typical guilty pleasure, with action and pretty people to boot.  that wig he wears on the island is horrible though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Took me a couple days to get to this. I could throw out a hundred guesses but I don't feel too confident with any of them. Think it is going to be awesome, though.

One clarification question -- What pushed Oli to bang Laurel? He had that talk with Tommy, told him to go after her, then took her. He just couldn't resist Laurel anymore or is he playing some chess game?

I took it as this- He told Tommy the reason he and Laural couldn't be together was because of his connection to Green Arrow/ commitment to his father's list. With the truth coming out about Merlyn and the undertaking, it changed things. He thought that if he took down Merlyn, he could hang up the hood. And if I remember correctly he even said something to Laural to that effect.

My guess - Merlyn knows who he is now. He's wont be able to walk away from it. Ollie will take him down. Tommy lost Laural and his father to him and will take up his fathers mantle next season. Completely a guess though.

I took it as this- He told Tommy the reason he and Laural couldn't be together was because of his connection to Green Arrow/ commitment to his father's list. With the truth coming out about Merlyn and the undertaking, it changed things. He thought that if he took down Merlyn, he could hang up the hood. And if I remember correctly he even said something to Laural to that effect.

My guess - Merlyn knows who he is now. He's wont be able to walk away from it. Ollie will take him down. Tommy lost Laural and his father to him and will take up his fathers mantle next season. Completely a guess though.

Pretty much the plot to Spiderman with Norman / Harry Osborn. Very plausible scenario.

Yeah I guess that makes sense about Laurel. I just don't think they did a good job of creating a moment where you know "I see what he is going to do with Laurel now..."