Weezer - Pinkerton / Green Album / Make Believe (MoFi)

nyhi

• 3 weeks later...

Pinkerton deluxe 4LP is $39.22 at amazon.ca (Canada). I think shipping is around $10 for anyone out of Canada. I know it's not a crazy deal but I think it's better than most places that are still selling it. Thought I'd post here in case anyone wanted this over the MoFi version.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0044KU7QO/ref=gno_cart_title_1

Pinkerton deluxe 4LP is $39.22 at amazon.ca (Canada). I think shipping is around $10 for anyone out of Canada. I know it's not a crazy deal but I think it's better than most places that are still selling it. Thought I'd post here in case anyone wanted this over the MoFi version.

http://www.amazon.ca...no_cart_title_1

Damn that's really reasonable but I still can't justify getting it.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0044KU7QO/ref=gno_cart_title_1

Do you happen to know how the sound quality is? I almost bought it the other day but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.

I actually just received mine today. I forgot to post the price when I bought it but I actually paid $43.33. Anyways, I haven't had time to listen yet. The packaging itself is really nice, four separate sleeves for each record, not like a tri-fold which I find frustrating to handle.

Everything after maladroit has been awful.

I don't know if 'Beverly hills' or naming an album 'raditude' is there low point though.

I will make an exception for "Greatest man that ever lived" of the red album. That song is cool.

While 'beverly hills' is nothing to bring home to the family I gotta say Make Believe is actually a pretty good album. Hated the Red album and just about everything that came after. Some of Hurley was a bit catchy though in a green album sorta way. Raditude is probably universally accepted as their worst album.

I haven't really loved any of their work since the Green Album.  I hated Maladroit.  Not that it's a terrible album, but it was disappointing after the demos that they released.  The Red Album is the only recent album that I care for, and I wouldn't consider it classic Weezer, but I really like it.

I'm down for picking up a MOFI copy of Green, but still undecided about Pinkerton.  I think it's a masterpiece, but I have an older pressing, and I do want to grab the Deluxe (I don't need 3 pressings...).  Not interested in any MOFI action after Green.

MOFI remasters come from the original tapes and they use intense tip-on jackets/antistatic sleeves. They spend time making what usually ends up being considered the best version of the album in any format. I wouldn't pass on these, even if you own the albums already. You'll hear them in a new light through the MOFI versions.

Make Believe is close to my favorite album by Weezer, my big question is seeing that the Mofi will be cut from the og masters, what versions of  Perfect Situation and This is such a pity(one of my favorite Weezer tracks ever) will they use on this cut?

I really hope they use the originals. I hate listening to the newer versions of Perfect Situation and We Are All On Drugs because I'm so used to the originals.

• 4 weeks later...

MoFi records always sound tremendous. Don't sell yourself short. You'll get over the strip at the top, I promise.

Wouldn't say always. Most of their remastering of the Blue Album sounded good but the b-side had a good amount of surface noise and discovered it was not just an isolated incident. I would still buy from them for sure and the packaging was great but the surface noise on the 2nd half was enough to just make me wanna turn it off (did clean it to try and improve with no luck).