Recently bought a cassette from Antique Records, and they sent me a download for the wrong album. Kind of been enjoying the album they sent me though. It's not anything amazing or terribly original. Kind of like Andrew Jackson Jihad, but more folk and less punk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r_yYdmstok

Just felt the need to share. They also sent me a random free bonus cassette, so that was pretty cool.

I shuffle my library a lot when I don't know what I'm in the mood for. Sometimes a song will grab me and I still won't be into listening to their other music...so I shuffle away. It's honestly no different than a mixed CD or Pandora. I've heard a lot of people complain about shuffle lately though and I get it.

No, do share.

Okay so I ordered some clothes from them online, and I used one of those disposable gift cards I had got after doing one of those studies, anyways I had less money than I normal,  so I ordered a few things but the full payment went though the night of, but it notified me that part of the order was back ordered. So the next day some of the stuff was shipped and it said it could not possess payment on the back ordered stuff, many emails later I found out that when I paid initially it is only part of a 2 step payment process and that they would have to charge me again for the $16 worth of stuff because it's shipping from store, but due to limited funds in only had like $14 on the card, but I had already paid for the order in full, but this payment was only reserved the money on the card and they weren't with drawn until the order shipped, but it didn't try and charge again for the $42 worth of stuff that shipped! So I have $16 dollars reserved on this card as a payment for american apparel that they refuse to use to submit the transaction since I don't have that in my open funds, so I have to wait for the $16 to go off off hold, go back into my account and ask them to charge it again, and until then I get emails about a failed transaction! 

I sometimes do that when I don't know what I'm in the mood to listen to. I'll skip through a few songs until something grabs me and then I go listen to the album/artists discography. Other than that, I agree that it's stupid to shuffle an entire library. I guess a lot of people's libraries are just collections of pop singles and stuff, so then it makes sense.

it's stupid to shuffle a library? 

i shuffle mine all the time. occasionally, it'll turn into a skipfest, but most of the time, like yesterday at work, i'll get a ton of awesomely unexpected jams.

Okay so I ordered some clothes from them online, and I used one of those disposable gift cards I had got after doing one of those studies, anyways I had less money than I normal,  so I ordered a few things but the full payment went though the night of, but it notified me that part of the order was back ordered. So the next day some of the stuff was shipped and it said it could not possess payment on the back ordered stuff, many emails later I found out that when I paid initially it is only part of a 2 step payment process and that they would have to charge me again for the $16 worth of stuff because it's shipping from store, but due to limited funds in only had like $14 on the card, but I had already paid for the order in full, but this payment was only reserved the money on the card and they weren't with drawn until the order shipped, but it didn't try and charge again for the $42 worth of stuff that shipped! So I have $16 dollars reserved on this card as a payment for american apparel that they refuse to use to submit the transaction since I don't have that in my open funds, so I have to wait for the $16 to go off off hold, go back into my account and ask them to charge it again, and until then I get emails about a failed transaction! 

take it from someone who has way too many clothes (see the part where i've worked in every store ever)- stop wasting your money on clothes. they're going to do nothing but pile up and go unworn. you'll find a few favorites along the way, but in 2 years, you are going to be going through your closet and you're going to find yourself staring down a whole bunch of was-trendy bullshit saying "what was i thinking?"

take it from someone who has way too many clothes (see the part where i've worked in every store ever)- stop wasting your money on clothes. they're going to do nothing but pile up and go unworn. you'll find a few favorites along the way, but in 2 years, you are going to be going through your closet and you're going to find yourself staring down a whole bunch of was-trendy bullshit saying "what was i thinking?"

Yeah yeah, I have so many V-Necks I don't wear no, because I don't like them! I just get basic pieces now to go with other things! And what's not shipped is a basic piece that's essence to my summer wardrobe and it's pissing me off (It's a white shirt with black stripes)

I have to wear business attire. It is not empowering to me. I hate shelling out for suits.

I hate suits too, I don't understand why wearing 3 layers of long sleeve clothing in the middle of summer makes you more professional than someone who's not.

Ps. Ties are a dumb and cumbersome invention!

I've definitely slowed down on buying clothes. Working in retail, you end up with a lot of "why did I buy this??" items. I've been a lot smarter about what I like and what I need. I've found that it's really important to nail down those factors or you buy things you'll never wear because it looked nice on the hanger.

There was a brief time where I wanted to be SUPER "girly" and bought tons of brightly colored things. It didn't take long for me to realize that I wasted money on things I'm uncomfortable in.

My closest is a lot more representative of me now, so that's cool.

I'm still trying to figure out how I can justify buying a tank top that says "my spirit animal is a goth teenager." Even with 10% off it's still $33 shipped.

I hate suits too, I don't understand why wearing 3 layers of long sleeve clothing in the middle of summer makes you more professional than someone who's not.

Ps. Ties are a dumb and cumbersome invention!

I have to wear long sleeved clothing at work year round due to excessive tattoo coverage, but no one knows I have them as a result.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic