5 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

What's happening, T? How's being soda and cig free? I think I'm on month two or three of that myself. 

Still going strong with the cigarettes, though I've been having cravings pretty bad again lately (but they only last a few seconds), and have not started the on the pop/soda yet. I have cut back to just one a day though, so I guess it's starting. You still going strong on no smoking? Get a "normal" night's sleep?

14 minutes ago, themeconspiracy said:

oh hey! did you still want a vinnie tour copy if i can snag one on wednesday?

Oh yes please! That would be fantastic! That's going to be such a good show; I've got Thrice and Hotelier this week and am trying to come to terms with the fact I'm not going to be getting as much sleep as usual.

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

Still going strong with the cigarettes, though I've been having cravings pretty bad again lately (but they only last a few seconds), and have not started the on the pop/soda yet. I have cut back to just one a day though, so I guess it's starting. You still going strong on no smoking? Get a "normal" night's sleep?

Right on, dude. I know how the month in craving can hit pretty hard for like a whole day, then dissipate [which is odd]. Funny thing for me is that it was easier when I did them together. I just replaced soda and cigs with iced tea. LOTS and lots of iced tea. Arnold Palmer to be specific. At least I'm hydrated, and pissing a lot (since tea is a diuretic). And yeah, my cravings haven't been that bad since I'm oddly haven't been drinking beer for the first few months to help fight my cravings. I also haven't really hung out with anyone in a month to resist social smoking. So it's going really well so far. Oddly the only time it really hits me is when I'm watching tv and someone is smoking. No way around that one. Haha. As far as sleep, last night I think I fell asleep at 8pm, and woke up at 3am, which isn't too bad at all. When I was skating I was sleep deprived and dehydrated from the heat. Explains my sloppiness and rolling my ankle. Learned my lesson. At least I passed out and slept a good amount cause of it.

8 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Right on, dude. I know how the month in craving can hit pretty hard for like a whole day, then dissipate [which is odd]. Funny thing for me is that it was easier when I did them together. I just replaced soda and cigs with iced tea. LOTS and lots of iced tea. Arnold Palmer to be specific. At least I'm hydrated, and pissing a lot (since tea is a diuretic). And yeah, my cravings haven't been that bad since I'm oddly haven't been drinking beer for the first few months to help fight my cravings. I also haven't really hung out with anyone in a month to resist social smoking. So it's going really well so far. Oddly the only time it really hits me is when I'm watching tv and someone is smoking. No way around that one. Haha. As far as sleep, last night I think I fell asleep at 8pm, and woke up at 3am, which isn't too bad at all. When I was skating I was sleep deprived and dehydrated from the heat. Explains my sloppiness and rolling my ankle. Learned my lesson. At least I passed out and slept a good amount cause of it.

Ha, I've actually been drinking Arnold Palmers (though a "healthier" brand they sell at work) in the morning. They are so damn good. Tea is amazing, I love it. I should switch just to it too, but making it sometimes is annoying. I've been avoiding going outside at work with my coworkers on break, since they all smoke, and I have not done anything social the past 2 weekends either. It's weird how the cravings pop up, even when the physical addiction passes.

I wonder how long nicotine still shows up on tests? I have an interview at one of the hospitals this week, and they have a strict no tobacco policy.

9 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Ha, I've actually been drinking Arnold Palmers (though a "healthier" brand they sell at work) in the morning. They are so damn good. Tea is amazing, I love it. I should switch just to it too, but making it sometimes is annoying. I've been avoiding going outside at work with my coworkers on break, since they all smoke, and I have not done anything social the past 2 weekends either. It's weird how the cravings pop up, even when the physical addiction passes.

I wonder how long nicotine still shows up on tests? I have an interview at one of the hospitals this week, and they have a strict no tobacco policy.

Dude, I honestly think a cold iced tea is the most refreshing and instantly satisfying thing on the planet. Nothing makes me feel better than drinking it when I'm thirsty. The simple things in life.

And that really depends. Can be anywhere from a few days to a few months, honestly. I'll assume they'll go the cheaper route of testing via urine opposed to blood. Nicotine is usually out of your system according to a urine test in a about 2-3 weeks. If you aren't a pack a day type, it's less at about a week. And my guess is they wont' fault you for previous tobacco use to being hired, they'll just expect you to quit when you're hired.  

9 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Dude, I honestly think a cold iced tea is the most refreshing and instantly satisfying thing on the planet. Nothing makes me feel better than drinking it when I'm thirsty. The simple things in life.

And that really depends. Can be anywhere from a few days to a few months, honestly. I'll assume they'll go the cheaper route of testing via urine opposed to blood. Nicotine is usually out of your system according to a urine test in a about 2-3 weeks. If you aren't a pack a day type, it's less at about a week. And my guess is they wont' fault you for previous tobacco use to being hired, they'll just expect you to quit when you're hired.  

I agree, iced Tea is really refreshing and hot tea is amazing in the winter.

I figure it'll be out of urine tests pretty quick, and I doubt they'll do a blood test but you never know. My current job did a hair test, which is really expensive. I guess we'll see. Not really expecting much for the job, since my Dad works at the hospital and said the IT dept. is in terrible shape.

3 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I agree, iced Tea is really refreshing and hot tea is amazing in the winter.

I figure it'll be out of urine tests pretty quick, and I doubt they'll do a blood test but you never know. My current job did a hair test, which is really expensive. I guess we'll see. Not really expecting much for the job, since my Dad works at the hospital and said the IT dept. is in terrible shape.

Wow. Not a lot of places are willing to spend the money for that. Odd. Well hey, at least you have a good reference. Haha.

Yeah, it was really odd. Worse, was that the lady at the testing center cut too much hair so I had a big empty spot in the back for a few weeks.

If it pays more, I guess a crappy run place will be ok for a bit. Just trying to save more for the move, since I'm paying my loan off at the end of the month and they will cut into my savings a bit.

13 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

YESSSS

1 hour ago, Dave Grohl said:

Oddly the only time it really hits me is when I'm watching tv and someone is smoking. No way around that one. Haha.

Morning All. Funny thing about this is it's so true. One of the times I had stopped smoking pot because I got tired of spending so much cash on it the one thing that made me want to start again was after a rough night at work I came home and Next Friday was on and that scene where Ice Cube smokes a blunt with his Uncle really slow had me on the phone to my dude in like 10 minutes flat lol

9 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Morning All. Funny thing about this is it's so true. One of the times I had stopped smoking pot because I got tired of spending so much cash on it the one thing that made me want to start again was after a rough night at work I came home and Next Friday was on and that scene where Ice Cube smokes a blunt with his Uncle really slow had me on the phone to my dude in like 10 minutes flat lol

God damn liberal Media. (Hahahahaha.)

Ok, so it's decided, I'm making pork belly Ramen tonight. Who wants some? This is my first time trying to make my own broth (from pork neck bones) so we'll see how it goes. Next step up is buying udon noodles, but I'll be using a Japanese Ramen packet for this one. Working my way up the spectrum. So it'll be noodles, broth from pork, pork belly, green onions, a little ground pepper, chili flakes, a tiny bit of soy, and an appetite. Seeing how much flavor I can get out of the fat, and going from there. 

44 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Ramen is so good, but I've only ever had real Ramen once. That sounds really good Matt, and I'd eat the hell out of it even though I don't eat pork anymore.

I'm experimenting with a few different versions, but I would make yours pork free just for you, T. More pork for me anyway. Haha. I'd add a splash of milk or butter to yours, or some vegetables and boom. Creamy or vegetarian (minus the broth). I love how limitless the options are with Ramen. 

Edited by Dave Grohl

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic