The line can't be shaken.  It's to help us figure out where one post ends and another begins.  VC has our best interests in mind.

The line between the post and the signature. No signature = no line, except for me now.

It shouldn't drive me crazy... but it's going to drive me crazy

The line between the post and the signature. No signature = no line, except for me now.

It shouldn't drive me crazy... but it's going to drive me crazy

I think I knew what line you were referring to, but I was unaware that it previously disappeared when you removed your signature.  How odd.

TAXES FILED. 

I'm getting like nothing back but ya know. 

It's the principle that counts.  Good job.  At least you're not owing anything, right?

So my sister who is 22 is dating a 31 year old. The age difference kinda weirds me out. He just arrived to join our family for dinner. He's really cute, but I'm still not sure how I feel about the whole situation.

That's quite a bit of an age gap.  Everyone I've talked with on this subject has a sort of "as long as they're both 18 or older, it's fine" kind of mentality.  Which, from a legal standpoint... sure.  But I think that certain ages are definitely on different wave lengths.  At 22 your sister should be taking bigger risks and focusing on different goals than she would be if she was 30.  I'm not saying it can't work, but more often than not those staggered priorities and levels of maturity tend to make a relationship rocky.

That's quite a bit of an age gap.  Everyone I've talked with on this subject has a sort of "as long as they're both 18 or older, it's fine" kind of mentality.  Which, from a legal standpoint... sure.  But I think that certain ages are definitely on different wave lengths.  At 22 your sister should be taking bigger risks and focusing on different goals than she would be if she was 30.  I'm not saying it can't work, but more often than not those staggered priorities and levels of maturity tend to make a relationship rocky.

Exactly. So far he seems really nice, but I feel like they are in two very different stages of their life. My sister is applying to grad school, and still living at home. He has a full time job and is probably looking to settle down soon. I don't want my sister to feel like she has certain expectations to live up to for him. I don't know if it can work, and I would hate to see my sister waste her time, or worse, get hurt. 

It's the principle that counts.  Good job.  At least you're not owing anything, right?

Very true and it's still money back, which is nice. It also made me realize why I have much more on a credit card than I've ever wanted to-I only made $2,000 this year (I was unemployed up until September). 

I agree a lot with you on the age gap thing. I try not to judge relationships because to each their own, but being 21...I couldn't imagine dating someone in their 30s. Not even maturity wise, but just the whole standpoint of settling down. You definitely want different things at those ages.

My friend (24) is dating a 37 year old and it's probably one of the most healthy relationships I've seen in a long time. I wouldn't worry about it yet saint, unless he starts pressuring her.

My friend (24) is dating a 37 year old and it's probably one of the most healthy relationships I've seen in a long time. I wouldn't worry about it yet saint, unless he starts pressuring her.

Yeah, it's different for everyone. I just can't help but look out for my sis. I'm hoping for the best. I just want to see her happy.

I'm doing it. In bed by 8pm. Goodnight my little gumdrop starfish, I adore you all very much.

This little moon child had a very exhausting week and is excited to rest cut eyeballs and sleep in. (By sleep in I mean still wake up before 8am but without an alarm.)

To think that things like this are completely sober thoughts from me...

i'm 25 and i'm actually kind of looking for/just hoping and not really doing anything for someone in their 30s to hang out with. People my age just.... suck. get your shit together bitch. but dont have kids plz.

I have what my friends like to call, "the curse of twenty-five." 

Since I was 16, I've always had a thing for dudes AT LEAST 9 years older than me. 

Of course, now that I'm 21, the curse has moved to the age of 30.

There have been a few age appropriate fellas but I struggle with the whole maturity thing. 

I grew up really, really fast. So typical things that charm girls my age or whatever, I'm just like "okay, but do you have a stable career and have your shit together?" 

In other news, I woke up hella sick and it's not okay.

IMPORTANT PSA FROM A GIRL ON FACEBOOK:

"Nothing annoys me more than fake people who think they can suddenly become country like a change of clothes because it's cool. FYI it's something you're born into. Try being barefoot and playing in the dirt from the time you could walk, knowing how to bait a hook before you could read a book. Learning to shoot a gun and hunt before you even started high school. Watching the sun set over the brightest green rows of a cornfield you could see. The smell of fresh leather in a new pair of boots, or the dingy feel of worn muddy dirty jeans from a hard day outside. The taste of fresh deer meat that you proudly waited countless hours for. Digging for worms after a rainstorm with a flash light for your own bait. Knowing there's nothing more intoxicating than the smell of freshly baled hay, or the work muscles and sunburnt neck and itchy skin from spending hours baling in the sun. None of these things you just decide to do, country isn't something you can buy at cabelas or get by buying a truck or a camo sweatshirt. You're born with it.."

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic