Yeah, this happens all the time where I work.

This is the best story:

I used to work with a guy who had a dual monitor set up for his desktop here at work that he asked for in the first place. Well, he used to keep the 2nd monitor turned off and hung a paper calendar in front of the black screen. One day he asks me to help him because he cannot find a spreadsheet that he was working on for something. When I come over, I asked him why his monitor off to a blank stare; I turn the monitor on and his spreadsheet was on the other monitor. I told him that just because the monitor is off does not mean that the software, drivers, and video card stop using it.

Dude made 4 times what I did as a Senior Applications Analyst... in the 6 figure range.

the sad part is that the state offers basic classes in microsoft office suite, but no one requires them to take them and be proficient. instead, i have to waste my time having my work interrupted, being called into offices all day explaining things i've already explained 50 times. WHATEVVVVVS NOT LIKE IM BITTER OR ANYTHING.

the sad part is that the state offers basic classes in microsoft office suite, but no one requires them to take them and be proficient. instead, i have to waste my time having my work interrupted, being called into offices all day explaining things i've already explained 50 times. WHATEVVVVVS NOT LIKE IM BITTER OR ANYTHING.

This is exactly what I do, too.  Often times my boss just calls me into his office so I can watch him work on something.  He just wants to speak at me about what he's doing.  I don't understand why he does this.

This is exactly what I do, too.  Often times my boss just calls me into his office so I can watch him work on something.  He just wants to speak at me about what he's doing.  I don't understand why he does this.

i hear ya, girlfrannnnnn. i am right. there. with you.

Ugh this sales dude just came in and has the worst energy ever. I was trying to clean a table and he kept trying to demand my attention.

I kept trying to answer while finishing what I was doing but he kept walking and blocking my path.

Then asked for my boss and stood in my way. I was like "I'm sorry, but if you want to talk to someone who can answer your questions, you're going to have to let me through."

He just mumbled sorry and barely walked out of my way.

My boss rolled her eyes as soon as she saw him and she seems to sense the skeezyness too.

This day is going by super slow.

Yes. Im supposed to have a Skype interview for a job at 2 and time just seems to be taking forever to get to it. probably because im anxious.

heres hoping these people actually get in touch with me today. I was supposed to have a phone interview for a different job yesterday but they never called. I emailed them about 30 min from when they were supposed to call and I havent heard anything from them.

Thanks, Kellin! Good luck with your interview. Positive vibes headed your way.

One of my close friends passed away when I was 14 and he was 18.

His girlfriend went on to sleep with his best friend after he passed away then told his family that she couldn't speak to them because they reminded her too much of him. So I ceased contact with her. If she couldn't talk to them. I didn't believe it was right that she could talk to me. I was completely disgusted with how she handled the whole thing and I don't even think she knew that he was driving to buy her an engagement ring when he died. No one told her because they were afraid she'd go crazy.

I know I sound like this awful person, I probably didn't handle it well. But she kept things of mine that I gave to him and I still carry that grudge. As well as knowing in the end she was not a good person.

Anyway, she just added me on Facebook and is getting married and invited me to her wedding gift registry and I'm so disgusted.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic