this one happened to me, which I will spoiler for ashton.

in 7th grade I was in computer class messing around with my friend (still best friend to this day, we live together currently) throwing pencils back and forth. the bell rang and I sat down, she left for her class. She turned around and got one more throw in at me. I was looking at the computer when it happened, so the lead of the pencil went directly into the corner of my right eye. I saw a flash of light and started freaking out crying and whatnot. I shut my eye and wouldn’t open it again. finally some people walked me down to the bathroom to look at it. It was all red and there was a black mark in the white of my eye where the pencil had hit.

I went to the doctor, they gave me some antibiotics and a tetanus shot. my eye was red and the black mark stayed there for a while. They still notice a ‘dent’ in that spot when I get my eye exams.

and to this day we still talk about how she stabbed me.

oh and also a separate occasion I had a wood splinter in my eyelid when I was younger, had to wear an eye patch for a while after it was removed, you all saw the pic

my best friend's little brother shot part of his finger off. he was cleaning/packing his new handgun to take to his girlfriend's parents place for the weekend, didn't realize it was loaded, it went off, ricocheted off the wall, and hit him in his ring finger. at that point he was bleeding everywhere, but proceeded to go around his apartment turning off all the lights in the rooms and leaving blood EVERYWHERE. he tried to drive himself to the hospital, almost passed out halfway there, and had to call his roommate to come get him and take him the rest of the way. he had surgery and they pieced it back together with bone and skin from (i think) his hip area, and he insisted on walking out of the hospital on his own the next day so his weekend plans wouldn't be ruined. that's a texan for ya'.

but seriously, my best friend called me, all i heard was silence on the other end, then all she says is 'i need you to promise to not say anything all judge-y' (i am really anti-guns) then all she says is 'Will shot himself'.  OK YOU COULD BE A LITTLE NICER AND START OFF WITH THE 'BUT HES OK' part next time.

responsible gun owners do not shoot off parts of their body.

I’ve been going to the shooting range with my dad. Still thinking about getting my own handgun. I have reasons though... My old apartment was broken into twice. one of the times they came directly through my bedroom window, stepped all over my bed leaving huge timberland boot footprints, went through my underwear and bras, and walked right out the front door all while my roommate was freaking the hell out in her room. (I was gone for the weekend). I also have a mentally unstable ex.

and... I live in a bad area now. A few weeks ago I was there with Mr. bruise alone, roommates were gone. It was about 2 am and we had both JUST fallen asleep when we heard a huge crash downstairs. Like someone swiped a load of dishes off a table. so we’re both like oh shit someone just broke in. I pretty much woke up screaming. So we’re looking at each other like what are we going to do, he starts looking around for something heavy but there’s nothing in my room. So at that moment, I definitely wished I had a gun. We called the cops... it ended up that this huge framed posted fell off the wall onto our liquor table, causing all the bottles to fall to the ground. (kind of embarrassing, but the cops were cool about it)

that whole incident just made me wonder what we would have done if someone had broken in, or if I had been in my bed when someone crawled through my window. I did have pepper spray, but that’s it.

I’ve been going to the shooting range with my dad. Still thinking about getting my own handgun. I have reasons though... My old apartment was broken into twice. one of the times they came directly through my bedroom window, stepped all over my bed leaving huge timberland boot footprints, went through my underwear and bras, and walked right out the front door all while my roommate was freaking the hell out in her room. (I was gone for the weekend). I also have a mentally unstable ex.

and... I live in a bad area now. A few weeks ago I was there with Mr. bruise alone, roommates were gone. It was about 2 am and we had both JUST fallen asleep when we heard a huge crash downstairs. Like someone swiped a load of dishes off a table. so we’re both like oh shit someone just broke in. I pretty much woke up screaming. So we’re looking at each other like what are we going to do, he starts looking around for something heavy but there’s nothing in my room. So at that moment, I definitely wished I had a gun. We called the cops... it ended up that this huge framed posted fell off the wall onto our liquor table, causing all the bottles to fall to the ground. (kind of embarrassing, but the cops were cool about it)

that whole incident just made me wonder what we would have done if someone had broken in, or if I had been in my bed when someone crawled through my window. I did have pepper spray, but that’s it.

that is some scary shit right there. particularly for your roommate, oh man. and to be clear, i'm not judging anyone for their reasons for wanting a gun.

just judging the people who shoot themselves with their guns ;)

this one happened to me, which I will spoiler for ashton.

in 7th grade I was in computer class messing around with my friend (still best friend to this day, we live together currently) throwing pencils back and forth. the bell rang and I sat down, she left for her class. She turned around and got one more throw in at me. I was looking at the computer when it happened, so the lead of the pencil went directly into the corner of my right eye. I saw a flash of light and started freaking out crying and whatnot. I shut my eye and wouldn’t open it again. finally some people walked me down to the bathroom to look at it. It was all red and there was a black mark in the white of my eye where the pencil had hit.

I went to the doctor, they gave me some antibiotics and a tetanus shot. my eye was red and the black mark stayed there for a while. They still notice a ‘dent’ in that spot when I get my eye exams.

and to this day we still talk about how she stabbed me.

oh and also a separate occasion I had a wood splinter in my eyelid when I was younger, had to wear an eye patch for a while after it was removed, you all saw the pic

Ow I'm sorrry

ended up going up to Michigan this past weekend with a few of my friends to visit a buddy of ours. Saturday night we went to a place called Crunchy's. absolutely phenomenal bar food. I ended up getting their special for all of us since someone purchased my basketball ticket for me. it was 3 buckets - 1 bucket of beer, and two buckets of food (we got pizza nugs and fries and one of my friends added a bucket of stout sliders). anywho the beer bucket literally came in one of those buckets you use to clean with:

chemical%20cleaning%20supplies-img-179.j

there was soooo much beer. I didnt drink as I ended up being the DD that night. I wouldnt have drank any of it either since I dont do beer, I do liquor. but yeah the waiter came over and was joking around with us, he said they usually recommend to only get this if you have 4 or more people. whoops.

Well now I need to know what a pizza nug is.

starters-pizza-nugs-WEB.jpg

basically a mini pepperoni roll but for some reason to me it was so much better than any pep roll I have had. honestly everything was beyond delicious.

Where is this crunchys???

East Lansing, MSU area. i forget you are up there as well, i think? if you are where at in MI?

Okay so my friends just informed me that I've been to crunchys several times haha, never tried the food though! I live about an hour from there, but have lots of friends that go to MSU :)

My tax return is officially spent on a 2x2 expedit and two new pillows (mine were so dead and gross). 

So that's it. That's as far as I stretched $60. 
But daaamn, I needed it. 

Now I'm hunting for a bed frame or at the very least a new box spring because my bed is SOO SQUEAKY. 
I'm a really light sleeper and I pretty much don't sleep because of this thing. 

But ugh they're so expensive.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic