everyone tells me i should live in a plastic bubble and just roll around like a hamster. but that's mostly because i have terrible allergies and am klutzy and fall down a lot.

really i just carry a lot of those pocket antibacterial hand gels around with me and contribute to bacteria becoming resistant to everything.

Haha, got you. Well the post antibiotic world is upon us. So says the CDC.

also, unrelated to anything, yesterday i had a doctors appointment and stopped and picked up 2 dozen donuts to take in to my mom at work (she works in an elementary school i went to) for the teachers. on the way to the faculty room, i offered one to someone in the hall, she took it, then hesitated because apparently she had given up fried things for lent. i then proceeded to convince her that donuts weren't fried. RUINING LENT FOR PEOPLE ON DAY ONE.

epilogue: i later found out from my mom that that was the principal of her building. whoops.

also, unrelated to anything, yesterday i had a doctors appointment and stopped and picked up 2 dozen donuts to take in to my mom at work (she works in an elementary school i went to) for the teachers. on the way to the faculty room, i offered one to someone in the hall, she took it, then hesitated because apparently she had given up fried things for lent. i then proceeded to convince her that donuts weren't fried. RUINING LENT FOR PEOPLE ON DAY ONE.

epilogue: i later found out from my mom that that was the principal of her building. whoops.

Haha, evil. Lent is weird.

WEBMD SAYS TO NEVER PUT THEM IN YOUR MOUTH. webmd would never lie to me.

http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/caring-contact-lens

No no no no lol.  Obviously you don't go from mouth to eye with your lenses.  The idea is to keep the lenses wet if you are in a situation where the lens falls out / comes out somehow and you don't have immediate access to solution.  So you keep the lens on your tongue until you have access to solution.

For example, when I wore contacts I kept travel sized solutions everywhere.  In my locker at school, my mom kept some in her car, when I was old enough to drive I kept one in my car, etc.  I had my lens fall out in class and I would put it in my mouth and go to my locker to clean it off before putting it back in my eye.

I thought this was common knowledge, haha.  Every eye doctor and eyeglass place I've ever been to has mentioned it to me.  I feel like a weirdo!

I don't give up anything for lent, but the rest of my family does.

My sister tried to encourage me to give up bread. LOL.

Oh, also my tummy is back to normal today. I'm laying low on anything acidic, spicy, or ridiculously greasy for a bit though. I drank some green juice this morning to put some nutrients in my body after living on bread and crackers. Tummy says thank you everyone for your support during this difficult time.

Oh, also my tummy is back to normal today. I'm laying low on anything acidic, spicy, or ridiculously greasy for a bit though. I drank some green juice this morning to put some nutrients in my body after living on bread and crackers. Tummy says thank you everyone for your support during this difficult time.

Good to hear.

No no no no lol.  Obviously you don't go from mouth to eye with your lenses.  The idea is to keep the lenses wet if you are in a situation where the lens falls out / comes out somehow and you don't have immediate access to solution.  So you keep the lens on your tongue until you have access to solution.

For example, when I wore contacts I kept travel sized solutions everywhere.  In my locker at school, my mom kept some in her car, when I was old enough to drive I kept one in my car, etc.  I had my lens fall out in class and I would put it in my mouth and go to my locker to clean it off before putting it back in my eye.

I thought this was common knowledge, haha.  Every eye doctor and eyeglass place I've ever been to has mentioned it to me.  I feel like a weirdo!

yes, keeping cases filled with solution here/other places i go would be the smart thing to do. but why would o do that? ahaha

ILL HOLD MY  LENS IN MY MOUTH ALL DAY.

good good!

i don't give up anything for lent, but i try to make an effort to do more nice things for people this month. although i probably negated that with my 'donuts totally aren't fried!' incident, ahaha.

my dad always says he gives up watermelon every year. which obviously isn't even in season haha.

growing up with one atheist parent and one not sure/agnostic-ish... we never did lent, but we always got the fish fry from church on friday.

i really just hate lent because people think that the only meatless alternative for a meal is fish. then they bring it in on fridays and heat it up in the microwave. and you all know what that's like.

working in a small office where all the press guys go fishing and smoke their own fish. yes. YES

i really just hate lent because people think that the only meatless alternative for a meal is fish. then they bring it in on fridays and heat it up in the microwave. and you all know what that's like.

I totally saw your FB post about this, made me giggle. So happy I'm my only coworker. We tend to agree on lunch options.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic