True, haha.

So this is weird... my dad is now my coworker.

my dad works for the state, but in a different building for a different agency. he emails me a lot of news articles, though haha.

ALSO, he was my drivers ed teacher in high school, so every single person in the school took his class in 10th grade. it was....interesting.

I would quit haha

Nah, haha.  I need $.  He will be in the field so it's not like we'll see eachother everyday.

my dad works for the state, but in a different building for a different agency. he emails me a lot of news articles, though haha.

ALSO, he was my drivers ed teacher in high school, so every single person in the school took his class in 10th grade. it was....interesting.

LOL are you ready for this.

My dad worked for the state until LAST FRIDAY.  (We are the same person.)  He was a Resident Engineer for the NJDOT.  He retired and my boss hired him for more money than the state paid him (duh) and he gets to do only a fraction of the work.  Plus perks.

that is strange and I don't know how I would feel about it.

It's strange but like I said up there ^ he won't be here all the time.  He's just getting all his info for his business email account, payroll, etc.  But I'm the one that will be approving his time sheets lol.

Nah, haha.  I need $.  He will be in the field so it's not like we'll see eachother everyday.

LOL are you ready for this.

My dad worked for the state until LAST FRIDAY.  (We are the same person.)  He was a Resident Engineer for the NJDOT.  He retired and my boss hired him for more money than the state paid him (duh) and he gets to do only a fraction of the work.  Plus perks.

It's strange but like I said up there ^ he won't be here all the time.  He's just getting all his info for his business email account, payroll, etc.  But I'm the one that will be approving his time sheets lol.

ahahaha WE ARE THE SAMMME PERSON. my dad was a teacher (in my high school) until he retired a couple years ago and came to work at the state with me. my dad can't handle retirement ahaha.

ahahaha WE ARE THE SAMMME PERSON. my dad was a teacher (in my high school) until he retired a couple years ago and came to work at the state with me. my dad can't handle retirement ahaha.

That's so funny.  Both our moms are teachers though, right?

My Dad was with the state since before I was born.  Worked his way up the ladder.  He didn't like office jobs so he had the highest in-field position possible.  But as we both know, state jobs don't pay well so he was literally the boss of people making like twice the salary as he was.  My boss was like "So when does your dad retire?" then snatched him up lol.

That's so funny.  Both our moms are teachers though, right?

My Dad was with the state since before I was born.  Worked his way up the ladder.  He didn't like office jobs so he had the highest in-field position possible.  But as we both know, state jobs don't pay well so he was literally the boss of people making like twice the salary as he was.  My boss was like "So when does your dad retire?" then snatched him up lol.

yupppp! my mom's technically only an elementary ed library aide now, but she has her teaching certificate. she just doesn't want the hassle of dealing with all the crap at her age.

and yes. state pay blows, haha.

if you were more likely to be promoted from within to that position, i'd definitely take the part time gig.

thats what I am thinking as well. i would need to find another part time job on top of Disney and then find somewhere to live for dirt cheap though.

what makes this all so difficult is that I leave here tomorrow for Ohio. so I dont have time really to find another part time gig to go along with Disney as well as find somewhere to live right now.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic