I have to go to a footwear product knowledge camp thing tomorrow for work.  I pretty much get paid to have reps from Adidas, Nike, Under Armour, Saucony, Asics, New Balance, and Reebok give me free shit.  Last time I got a pair of Adidas Crazy Quick cross trainers, a card for a free custom pair of Reeboks, an Adidas gym bag, Under Armour socks, and a lot more stuff.  The perks of working part time at a sporting goods store.  

Anyways, if I get a free pair of shoes tomorrow one of you guys can probably have them if you cover shipping.  They'll be a mens 10.

Also, what's the proper washing etiquette of Jeans? Personally, unless I spill food/drink on them, I say fuck washing them after each use.

I usually rotate mine out after about 3 days.  They usually get a little baggier than I like by then.  I also normally only have 2 pairs of jeans at any given time.

I think bats are kinda cute. They freak me out when they fly above/around my head, but once I found a dead one in the driveway, and I had to pick it up (using some sticks, DON'T TOUCH DEAD ANIMALS!) to move it. It made me sad. Poor little guy. He was cute and I've never actually got a good look at one cause they are usually flapping around. His little wings were all papery and withered. :'(

I have seriously owned 3 pairs of jeans for probably the last 4 years or so.

Also, what's the proper washing etiquette of Jeans? Personally, unless I spill food/drink on them, I say fuck washing them after each use.

Unless they are super dirty. Once every few months.

I usually rotate mine out after about 3 days. They usually get a little baggier than I like by then. I also normally only have 2 pairs of jeans at any given time.

Throw them in the dryer. That should help the bagginess

I usually just wash jeans after every month or two, all at once. Mostly because I only wear jeans from October to March, so I don't have to worry about them smelling bad after sweating to death in them or whatever (you'd have to be crazy to wear jeans in Georgia during summer unless you absolutely have to).

In my opinion, the more you wear them without washing them, the more comfortable they are, and I'm all about comfort.

I think bats are kinda cute. They freak me out when they fly above/around my head, but once I found a dead one in the driveway, and I had to pick it up (using some sticks, DON'T TOUCH DEAD ANIMALS!) to move it. It made me sad. Poor little guy. He was cute and I've never actually got a good look at one cause they are usually flapping around. His little wings were all papery and withered. :'(

Well now I just found one hanging from a dark corner in the stairwell. I'm terrified that the next time I go out for a cigarette it'll be flying around. It's a really narrow stairwell and I really am not looking forward to the panic attack.

Smoking inside is gross, I mean it's awesome when it's someone else's apartment, but I'm not about all my stuff smelling like shit. I'm really tempted to just smoke out my bathroom window. Just need to weigh if I'm more scared of the bat or having a really pissed off girlfriend.

In other animal related news: I believe I have come to a truce of mutual respect and fear with the local skunk. We both startle each other a couple times a week, but keep our distance and go our separate ways.

For the first 24 years of my life I lived in a house in the goddamn woods and never had this many animal problems. Well except that time my friends and I were smoking out the garage because it was raining out and a bat ruined everything for everyone.

Well now I just found one hanging from a dark corner in the stairwell. I'm terrified that the next time I go out for a cigarette it'll be flying around. It's a really narrow stairwell and I really am not looking forward to the panic attack.

Smoking inside is gross, I mean it's awesome when it's someone else's apartment, but I'm not about all my stuff smelling like shit. I'm really tempted to just smoke out my bathroom window. Just need to weigh if I'm more scared of the bat or having a really pissed off girlfriend.

I say take your chances on the bat, just wear a hoodie and tie it shut.

I have to go to a footwear product knowledge camp thing tomorrow for work. I pretty much get paid to have reps from Adidas, Nike, Under Armour, Saucony, Asics, New Balance, and Reebok give me free shit. Last time I got a pair of Adidas Crazy Quick cross trainers, a card for a free custom pair of Reeboks, an Adidas gym bag, Under Armour socks, and a lot more stuff. The perks of working part time at a sporting goods store.

Anyways, if I get a free pair of shoes tomorrow one of you guys can probably have them if you cover shipping. They'll be a mens 10.

Me.

I just read through the entire custom record sleeves thread over on the main board, and it reminded me of how misunderstood fair use and copyright law is. I've learned about those two things a lot in most of my classes in the past two years, and a lot of my friends are freelance artists who constantly face people who use their art without their permission, so it makes me sad and frustrated to see how confused most people are about it.

I wasn't about to step in with my two cents, though, since the shitstorm seems to be over. I'd just be adding fuel to the fire.

I just read through the entire custom record sleeves thread over on the main board, and it reminded me of how misunderstood fair use and copyright law is. I've learned about those two things a lot in most of my classes in the past two years, and a lot of my friends are freelance artists who constantly face people who use their art without their permission, so it makes me sad and frustrated to see how confused most people are about it.

I wasn't about to step in with my two cents, though, since the shitstorm seems to be over. I'd just be adding fuel to the fire.

They aren't confused they just don't give a shit

They aren't confused they just don't give a shit

I didn't want to say it, but yeah, basically.

The fact of the matter is that very few people do. Like, in that thread, most of them defended using the Tom Whalen design because it's a small job, but if Whalen had found out about it without Andrew emailing him, he could have taken Andrew to court if he wanted to. It doesn't technically matter how small the offense is; it's still an offense, and it's still punishable by law. Granted, most larger companies and design firms don't take action because it wouldn't be profitable enough to win the case, but Whalen is small enough of an operation to warrant legal action.

Also, when that one guy referenced a DeviantArt link for information on copyright law, I cringed. DeviantArt is rampant with copyright law AND fair use violations, even if their staff and a handful of the professional artists who use it speak out against it on behalf of the entire website(?).

But it's whatever, I guess. They're not using the Whalen design, and internet arguments rarely accomplish anything.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic