Been thinking more and more about trying to start a collection of Foo Fighters vinyl. I truly enjoy all of their albums but tracking down all their singles is going to be tedious. Any advice from my fellow collectors?

Don't do it! It'll be hard, and it'll be expensive.

If I'm going to "collect" a band, I'm just content to get one of each full length, and maybe if they have a 7" or two with otherwise unreleased songs...beyond that it just gets to be such a pain! It's your time and money though ;)

Been thinking more and more about trying to start a collection of Foo Fighters vinyl. I truly enjoy all of their albums but tracking down all their singles is going to be tedious. Any advice from my fellow collectors?

if you are going for 1 of each release on vinyl and not including bootlegs, compilations, or split singles... you are looking at less than 50...

not a lot by any stretch

Don't do it! It'll be hard, and it'll be expensive.

If I'm going to "collect" a band, I'm just content to get one of each full length, and maybe if they have a 7" or two with otherwise unreleased songs...beyond that it just gets to be such a pain! It's your time and money though ;)

I have two of the their releases and a couple singles. Gratefully they don't have many (if any?) variants. I would love to collect Coheed, but their stuff is so expensive

Holy shit, I feel so bad/awkward for our waiter we just had. We went out to eat and our waiter was obviously new, later he tells is it's his first day. Really unsure of himself, doesn't know anything on the menu, forgets stuff for us. We still tried to be really nice. Anyway at the end he goes to box up my food and reaches across the table and just grabs my chicken with his bare hand. I didn't say anything and the waiter helping him out came over and rushed away with my box. He came back out and said our waiter was mortified and that they were making me a fresh meal. Damn I felt so bad for him. I could just tell there was no way this poor soul was going to hack it in the restaurant industry.

If you don't already have The Colour and the Shape, I've got a copy I could sell you for like $20 PPD

Holy shit, I feel so bad/awkward for our waiter we just had. We went out to eat and our waiter was obviously new, later he tells is it's his first day. Really unsure of himself, doesn't know anything on the menu, forgets stuff for us. We still tried to be really nice. Anyway at the end he goes to box up my food and reaches across the table and just grabs my chicken with his bare hand. I didn't say anything and the waiter helping him out came over and rushed away with my box. He came back out and said our waiter was mortified and that they were making me a fresh meal. Damn I felt so bad for him. I could just tell there was no way this poor soup was going to hack it in the restaurant industry.

Oh man! Kudos to you for not losing it on him.

If you don't already have The Colour and the Shape, I've got a copy I could sell you for like $20 PPD

I don't have that one. I'll take it!

Holy shit, I feel so bad/awkward for our waiter we just had. We went out to eat and our waiter was obviously new, later he tells is it's his first day. Really unsure of himself, doesn't know anything on the menu, forgets stuff for us. We still tried to be really nice. Anyway at the end he goes to box up my food and reaches across the table and just grabs my chicken with his bare hand. I didn't say anything and the waiter helping him out came over and rushed away with my box. He came back out and said our waiter was mortified and that they were making me a fresh meal. Damn I felt so bad for him. I could just tell there was no way this poor soul was going to hack it in the restaurant industry.

I'm still riding the "I'm new here, and don't really know what I'm doing" wave at Sunglass hut. Customers certainly appreciate that kind of honesty over someone just being a careless imbecile.

But this poor kid. Jeeeez.

I worked in the restaurant industry for a long time and I've heard my fair share of bad server stories, but someone grabbing food with their bare hands is a new one to me!

:( Poor guy. Way to keep it cool and have empathy. Starting a new job is always scary.

Yeah, I told him over and over again it was okay, and we tipped him good. But he still seemed like he was going to go home and probably not sleep tonight.

My birthday is in 2 hours and I can hear jimmy struggling with tape and wrapping paper in his office. He's swearing. Haha

Yeah, I told him over and over again it was okay, and we tipped him good. But he still seemed like he was going to go home and probably not sleep tonight.

My birthday is in 2 hours and I can hear jimmy struggling with tape and wrapping paper in his office. He's swearing. Haha

you should start recording a video and bust into the room. i would love to see his reaction.

3. The desert fucking blows

I agree for the most part, but after living here for a couple years, I can definitely appreciate it more than I used to. Everything should be dead here, but somehow things live.

all i want to do is fucking get drunk tonight. ok, whatever, ive been drinking all week. but i actually have tomorrow off. 

why are my friends always so fucking flakey?

real close to just putting myself into a stupor at home tonight and saying fuck it to all of them.

and by real close, i mean i've already had 4 beers and a shot.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic