I used to have a lot of trouble sleeping until I removed my tv from my room and made it less of a room I did stuff in, and more of a sleeping only room.  I still read in bed sometimes, but usually just for a half hour before bed. It's become kind of a ritual for me that my body knows, half hour of reading, then off to sleep.

I used to have a lot of trouble sleeping until I removed my tv from my room and made it less of a room I did stuff in, and more of a sleeping only room.  I still read in bed sometimes, but usually just for a half hour before bed. It's become kind of a ritual for me that my body knows, half hour of reading, then off to sleep.

Thats a good idea. I generally watch tv up until I try to go to sleep. Cant be great for winding my brain down.

very true. I forget to take them sometimes so I question whether I really need them anyway. But I know my dr wont want me to stop taking them so I wonder if Im just stuck on these the rest of my life. lame.

do you take them for a condition? i know if i forget my meds once or twice i'll be okay, but if i forget a 3rd time i'll be in a coma.

do you take them for a condition? i know if i forget my meds once or twice i'll be okay, but if i forget a 3rd time i'll be in a coma.

Depression. I take a different med for a rare condition I have & going off that would be catastrophic but the depression meds just seem worthless. But going off them makes me nervous cuz I know that could potentially make things worse. Just hate being a slave to them.

Depression. I take a different med for a rare condition I have & going off that would be catastrophic but the depression meds just seem worthless. But going off them makes me nervous cuz I know that could potentially make things worse. Just hate being a slave to them.

you can't think of it like that though. i mean, it's one thing if you honestly don't think that you have depression and you were misdiagnosed, but to say that you're a slave to something that is literally keeping you alive... idk, it just seems like its saving you as opposed to capturing you.

i have days when i'm just sick of taking all these pills, but i remember all to clearly how bad i was before being put on them (and this is for everything, allergies, cholesterol, muscle spasms, probiotics, vitamins, etc in addition to having hashimotos) and i know i don't want to go back there.

you can't think of it like that though. i mean, it's one thing if you honestly don't think that you have depression and you were misdiagnosed, but to say that you're a slave to something that is literally keeping you alive... idk, it just seems like its saving you as opposed to capturing you.

i have days when i'm just sick of taking all these pills, but i remember all to clearly how bad i was before being put on them (and this is for everything, allergies, cholesterol, muscle spasms, probiotics, vitamins, etc in addition to having hashimotos) and i know i don't want to go back there.

Very good points. I guess i just wonder if at this point in my life I still need them. 5 years ago, fuck yes I did. But how do I figure out if I still do without going off them (which I'll probly stop doing for now, like you said it can be dangerous) ?

Very good points. I guess i just wonder if at this point in my life I still need them. 5 years ago, fuck yes I did. But how do I figure out if I still do without going off them (which I'll probly stop doing for now, like you said it can be dangerous) ?

If i were you, I'd see a doctor for a reevaulation of your depression.  If you don't think your current Dr will give you the time of day to argue your point, see someone else!  As for your rare condition, unless that has the possibility of reversing itself, I'd stay on that medication if I were you!  I mean, I don't know how severe it is, but rare never sounds good to me lol.

I used to have a lot of trouble sleeping until I removed my tv from my room and made it less of a room I did stuff in, and more of a sleeping only room. I still read in bed sometimes, but usually just for a half hour before bed. It's become kind of a ritual for me that my body knows, half hour of reading, then off to sleep.

I'm the opposite! If I don't have some kind of background noise then I'm more likely to get sleep paralysis :(.

If i were you, I'd see a doctor for a reevaulation of your depression.  If you don't think your current Dr will give you the time of day to argue your point, see someone else!  As for your rare condition, unless that has the possibility of reversing itself, I'd stay on that medication if I were you!  I mean, I don't know how severe it is, but rare never sounds good to me lol.

I will probably do that, cant hurt to try :) . And I will most definitely stick with the meds for my other condition. It's called interstitial cystitis, which basically means I have pinholes in my bladder from not drinking enough water throughout my life. It went undiagnosed for 5 years until a doctor in PA basically saved my life by figuring out what I had. I pretty much didnt sleep in those 5 years & was very close saying fuck it to life cuz I could barely function. Was on medical leave & essentially nothing more than a zombie. I call it rare cuz of those who have it only 10% are men. It's mostly under control but without the pills (15 costs $110 :angry: ) I'd probly be dead.

I was so happy yesterday because I didn't hear from my ex, who always makes it a point to fuck with me on my birthday. What do I wake up to today ?

"I didn't forget about you lol, I know you thought I did." And he goes on with more psychotic rambles.

I'm reading this book about a stalker right now. The book of you. Its really good. All the stuff the guy says reminds me of my ex. How she'll be visually upset and disgusted that he's near her and he'll just be like 'so are we still on for our date later, I love you.' Totally unaware she's terrified of him.

So anyways.

I'm the opposite! If I don't have some kind of background noise then I'm more likely to get sleep paralysis :(.

Music is fine, the light from the tv messes with your body's natural circadian rhythms though. I would probably say it's all nonsense...except that it was true for me.

I will probably do that, cant hurt to try :) . And I will most definitely stick with the meds for my other condition. It's called interstitial cystitis, which basically means I have pinholes in my bladder from not drinking enough water throughout my life. It went undiagnosed for 5 years until a doctor in PA basically saved my life by figuring out what I had. I pretty much didnt sleep in those 5 years & was very close saying fuck it to life cuz I could barely function. Was on medical leave & essentially nothing more than a zombie. I call it rare cuz of those who have it only 10% are men. It's mostly under control but without the pills (15 costs $110 :angry: ) I'd probly be dead.

Wow that sounds awful :(  I'm glad you've got it under control now and that someone was able to diagnose it for you!

I was on depression meds all through high school and that shit sucks. It works great for some people but it just made me a zombie. Tried dozens of meds, combinations, and doses. Then Wellbutrin gave me seizures and hallucinations (on my birthday!) and I told my doc Id had enough and wanted to ween off. I still suffer depression and it gets really bad sometimes but Im never going the meds route again.

A few months ago I just quit going to my doctor and threw my depression/anxiety pills away after being on them for 4 years. I'm fine but I'm a stubborn butthole.

I want to do this but I'm too much of a pussy.

I was so happy yesterday because I didn't hear from my ex, who always makes it a point to fuck with me on my birthday. What do I wake up to today ?

"I didn't forget about you lol, I know you thought I did." And he goes on with more psychotic rambles.

I'm reading this book about a stalker right now. The book of you. Its really good. All the stuff the guy says reminds me of my ex. How she'll be visually upset and disgusted that he's near her and he'll just be like 'so are we still on for our date later, I love you.' Totally unaware she's terrified of him.

So anyways.

Good lord... can you change your #? Your ex sounds insane. Restraining order? Can bigbruise take care of him?

Wow that sounds awful :(  I'm glad you've got it under control now and that someone was able to diagnose it for you!

Thanks :). I really owe that doctor my life. He retired shortly after so who knows where I'd be if I waited any longer to go to the Guthrie hospital. He's the only one who cared enough (or was smart enough) to figure it out. Thank you Dr. Summer :wub:

I was on depression meds all through high school and that shit sucks. It works great for some people but it just made me a zombie. Tried dozens of meds, combinations, and doses. Then Wellbutrin gave me seizures and hallucinations (on my birthday!) and I told my doc Id had enough and wanted to ween off. I still suffer depression and it gets really bad sometimes but Im never going the meds route again.

I didnt start taking them until after high school following a horrid break-up. But I've since sworn off relationships so I wonder if I need the meds anymore. Never been in blacker pits of despair than during relationship stuff.

what happened?

so WBC did a parody of I Write Sins not Tragedies...

http://www.spin.com/articles/westboro-baptist-church-panic-at-the-disco-song-stream/

Panic! and the WBC apparently went back and forth on Tiwtter. Eventually Panic said they would donate so much money to the Human Rights Campaign for every WBC protestor that showed up and their show in Kansas City. Only 13 showed up and Panic called the WBC out saying thats weak and actually put forth $1000 toward the HRC and then so much of their merch sales went to it as well.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/panic-at-the-disco-turn-westboro-baptist-protest-into-charity-drive-20140721

so WBC did a parody of I Write Sins not Tragedies...

http://www.spin.com/articles/westboro-baptist-church-panic-at-the-disco-song-stream/

Panic! and the WBC apparently went back and forth on Tiwtter. Eventually Panic said they would donate so much money to the Human Rights Campaign for every WBC protestor that showed up and their show in Kansas City. Only 13 showed up and Panic called the WBC out saying thats weak and actually put forth $1000 toward the HRC and then so much of their merch sales went to it as well.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/panic-at-the-disco-turn-westboro-baptist-protest-into-charity-drive-20140721

Wow, what class.  A+ to PATD.

That's nice and all, but the right choice is just to ignore them. They are never gonna go away if they are getting publicity in Rolling Stone.

While I agree with this I must say how Panic handled it all was brilliant. Turning it on them so basically if they show up then they are the reason money is being donated to the Human Rights Campaign. I wish all other bands/musical acts would do this same thing.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic