When it started I assumed it was bullshit but it's actually hilarious and Zooey Deschanel is only a minimum amount of obnoxious.

The show took a while to get rolling and figure out what worked, but once it did it found it's footing it became really funny.

I can't stand Zooey Deschanel. To me, she comes across as trying way too hard to be the cool and quirky and funny girl that everyone should be smitten with.

She doesn't bother me.  I could kind of take or leave her.

When it started I assumed it was bullshit but it's actually hilarious and Zooey Deschanel is only a minimum amount of obnoxious.

I can't stand Zooey Deschanel. To me, she comes across as trying way too hard to be the cool and quirky and funny girl that everyone should be smitten with.

I'm on board with Juan on this. I used to really like her when she actually was just kind of quirky and cute, but she tries too hard the last few years. I then dug her sister on Bones, but that show jumped the shark a couple years ago too. Total bummer.

Now my favorite Deschanel is their mom from Twin Peaks. They're everywhere.

I'm agreeing with all of this and it's exactly why I initially refused to watch New Girl. Seriously, the rest of the ensemble is hilarious and against my better judgement I even find her character funny from time to time.

I'm agreeing with all of this and it's exactly why I initially refused to watch New Girl. Seriously, the rest of the ensemble is hilarious and against my better judgement I even find her character funny from time to time.

I'll take The Mindy Project over The New Girl any day. Mindy Kaling is the shit.

Mindy Project is alright. But with Damon Waynes Jr on New Girl now and Adam Pally on MP I'm just really bummed Happy Endings got canceled because it was better than both of them.

THIS ONE HUNDRED PERCENT.

That was a good show. Solid cast all the way around, excellent writing. So good.

I'm on board with Juan on this. I used to really like her when she actually was just kind of quirky and cute, but she tries too hard the last few years. I then dug her sister on Bones, but that show jumped the shark a couple years ago too. Total bummer.

Now my favorite Deschanel is their mom from Twin Peaks. They're everywhere.

I love Bones. The episodes have gotten way ridiculous in the last few season but I love the characters. This last season ended all kins of fucked up. Pumped for the new season to start.

Funny you mention Bones. My girlfriend is rewatching Buffy the Vampire Slayer and has threatened me with violence (like 2 minutes ago) if I don't stop complaining about David Boreanaz every time he's on screen.

But seriously, who the FUCK does he think he is having that punchable of a face?

Funny you guys mention the Mindy Project. That's another one I can't stand. Mindy Khalen (sp?) is also another try-hard. She's not funny to me. She forces the obnoxious and loud girl type of funny and it fails.

Aw, see, I think she's endearing.

She seems like she's kind of that way in real life too. She's really smart and very into women's rights, blah blah. I love her!

Funny you mention Bones. My girlfriend is rewatching Buffy the Vampire Slayer and has threatened me with violence (like 2 minutes ago) if I don't stop complaining about David Boreanaz every time he's on screen.

But seriously, who the FUCK does he think he is having that punchable of a face?

Hahahaha!

(I was rewatching Buffy for a while too. So good.)

I'll take The Mindy Project over The New Girl any day. Mindy Kaling is the shit.

I really don't care for The Mindy Project.  I don't now how a show with so many funny people on it can be so bland.  They also need to quit throwing guest stars at the show, it doesn't improve it.

Buffy is a fun show but any and everyone responsible for never having Bruce Campbell guest star as Xander's dad should burn in hell.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Xander was pretty much Bruce Campbell Jr.

I watched Buffy tVS from day one when it first aired. I taped every episode and of course got hooked with Angel when it veered off. Celebrate the entire catalog as would be said in this case. And yes, Xander was totally Bruce Campbell Jr. All the way.

And speaking of Bruce Campbell, did ant of you guys see Bubba Ho-Tep? That was such a crazy and awesome movie!

I've managed to leave pretty much all my hoodies at friends houses or in friends cars over the past little while, so I had to pull one out from the vault tonight.  I am wearing a Wonder Years hoodie that says "I'm not sad anymore" on the back.  I haven't worn this since grade 11.  It reeks of being 16 and thinking a hoodie that says IM NOT SAD ANYMORE on the back is cool.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic