Sooooooo for reasons my girlfriend of 4 years just broke up with me...but we live together...and I have no friends or family here. I don't have it in me to tell anyone I know right now so sorry to dump this shit here.

Damn dude, sorry to hear that.  I'm sure your living situation makes things even harder.  Don't feel bad about dumping things on us, that's what we're here for when we're not talking about food :)

You have a couch to crash on if you can make it to Seattle!

I am being subjected to the Evil Dead remake

Not even close to being as good as the original. I liked it still. The shout outs to the trilogy made it better for me. HOW COULD YOU CHANGE THE LOOK OF SUCH AN ICONIC BOOK. (I should mention ED II is my favorite horror movie of all time and I'm getting an Evil Dead tattoo in 2 weeks)

Sooooooo for reasons my girlfriend of 4 years just broke up with me...but we live together...and I have no friends or family here. I don't have it in me to tell anyone I know right now so sorry to dump this shit here.

Kev, sending my best.  Also, I wanna send you something for some beer.  PM me dude, it's really no problem.  I know things are tight and I'm happy to do it for you man.  I know beer/alcohol aren't the greatest things to help through any problem, but I know you like beer, as do I, so I want to do something for you through this difficult time.

Just want to thank everyone for the supportive words. Shit is just so fucked right now. We spent the last few hours crying. Our relationship just kind of stagnated and money has been too tight for too long. We've tried to allow ourselves cash for things that make us happy but then just too many emergencies came up in the last couple months and shit is just getting worse.

We haven't talked specifics yet because of all the crying, but I'm staying for at least a little while. Hopefully my job can find me a transfer back home...and hopefully I can find a place to stay. Neither of my parents have room for me so I'm going to talk to my best friend's mom and dad I think.

Now for the mushy emotional stuff. I never imagined my life without this girl. Shes amazing and the greatest person I've ever met. She's not doing this out of cruelty and she still loves me blah blah blah. But I believe her. We enable each other's worst habits and if being with me is hurting her I can understand where she's coming from.

On top of everything, losing my cat is going to tear me to pieces as well. I love that cat more than anyone in the world who isnt my (now ex) partner.

Just want to thank everyone for the supportive words. Shit is just so fucked right now. We spent the last few hours crying. Our relationship just kind of stagnated and money has been too tight for too long. We've tried to allow ourselves cash for things that make us happy but then just too many emergencies came up in the last couple months and shit is just getting worse.

We haven't talked specifics yet because of all the crying, but I'm staying for at least a little while. Hopefully my job can find me a transfer back home...and hopefully I can find a place to stay. Neither of my parents have room for me so I'm going to talk to my best friend's mom and dad I think.

Now for the mushy emotional stuff. I never imagined my life without this girl. Shes amazing and the greatest person I've ever met. She's not doing this out of cruelty and she still loves me blah blah blah. But I believe her. We enable each other's worst habits and if being with me is hurting her I can understand where she's coming from.

On top of everything, losing my cat is going to tear me to pieces as well. I love that cat more than anyone in the world who isnt my (now ex) partner.

Fuck dude. I'm sorry man. I really mean it when I say I will do that for you. Two hours of work for a six pack for someone that I appreciate is fine with me. These things are never easy. I hope you can find somewhere to go soon. I'd offer you space at my place if I weren't living at home. Best of luck man. I'm really sorry about this.

I'm with Frenchie on this.  I know I'm too far away to realistically offer a place to stay, but if you need someone to talk to or a six pack or something, let me know.  I have a some spare records sitting around that I would have no problem throwing in a care package either.  I know things are shitty now, but it sounds like you have a much more positive look on things than most people do in that situation.

I've done the whole "take a break up too hard" thing before and I know it's incredibly unhealthy. Sure if I was 19 I'd drive around listening to that one Glassjaw album and talk to my friends about what a "bitch" she is, but luckily while I may be a fuck up at least I've grown up emotionally through my 20s. Don't get me wrong, I've never been this devastated or heartbroken before and the next few months are going to SUUUUUUUCK, but I've been through enough shit to know I'll survive. 

The two things making this harder are no longer having a computer and my cat being super extra needy and affectionate right now. My ex (ok, typing that stung...a lot) has said she'll give me the cat if I end up in an appropriate living situation, but I doubt that'll happen any time soon.

Jane Doe used to be my go to break up album. Right now I just need the song Disintegration over and over again. Definitely going to be listening to a lot of Jane Doe and The Cure the next few days.

I like my music sad and my TV shows funny. Futurama helped me calm down a little bit.

Edit: Sorry again for bringing small talk down tonight. 

I like my music sad and my TV shows funny. Futurama helped me calm down a little bit.

Same here.  I usually find some really good 'comfort TV' to help me through tough times.  Always seems to make me feel better.  Scrubs helped me through a tough time in my early twenties.  Season 1 of Cheers helped me through my last breakup.  Nothing beats something that'll make you laugh when you're hurting.

You're not bringing anything down, do not apologize, let us all be here for you, please. Even though I'm 19, I realize EYEWTKAS is not a good album for a breakup. At 17, you better believe I was screaming along to it. That's how I ended up buying it on vinyl.

I can't even listen to that album anymore. Makes me feel gross.

Ugh, really not looking forward to sleeping because waking up is going to make everything realer somehow.

Oh shit Bruce! I'm so sorry! It's good to keep a level head and it sounds like you're doing that. One step at a time and you will make it. It can all feel overwhelming at times but focus on one step at a time. As soon as you can get out of there you can start to feel better.

Seriously, feel free to vent and let it all out. My last break up was over 2 years ago which fucked me over beyond anything. I had just given up my lease to move in with him and was pretty much homeless (all my stuff was in storage!!) when he broke up work me and I had a complete break down for about a year.

I didn't think I would ever make it or be able to live without that person and now I barely remember he even exists. You'll get through this just talk it out ! It helps so much! We are here for you

I can't even listen to that album anymore. Makes me feel gross.

Ugh, really not looking forward to sleeping because waking up is going to make everything realer somehow.

I don't know if I ever went to that album during a breakup, probably for the best.

I'm too lazy to quote, but I second everything T said.  I'll add that staying super fucking busy always helps me too.

Yes! Listen to Jon and stay busy! Don't have free time to just think on it or you'll make it worse! All I did was sleep which didn't help because all I did was have nightmares. I wrote a lot of stupid, sad poetry which helped me get out that anger and I got a hobby(getting into records! ) which kept me busy and made me happy. You're gonna be okay and you'll get through this. I never thought I would be able to live without him and now I ignore his emails without any feelings whatsoever. It's going to be okay even though it doesn't feel like that right now

Really sorry man. Just want to say, 2 years a go me and a girl got in the same situation. Life, money etc made everything stagnate and it was tough. We broke up despite both clearly still caring for eachother and we cried together for hours after like you. A year later though we were both in better places financially and just generally happier. We got back together and things have never been better.

Suppose what I'm trying to day is if it's external influences causing this and not because of either of you have done anything, then things have a way of working themselves out if it's meant to be. Get yourself comfortable and happy with life and you'll both see the person you initially fell in love with right at the start.

If I can help at all then I'm always here man!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic