I am really digging these Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds reissues.  I sometimes forget just how much I love Cave's work and I've had a great time revisiting what's been released.

if you guys aren't listening to Nick Cave, you're missing out :)

I know this means I suck, but I first heard Nick Cave via the needledrop. Loved it. I haven't really kept up since push the sky, but dudes amazing. The albums cover really caught my eye, and that originally got me interested.

I know this means I suck, but I first heard Nick Cave via the needledrop. Loved it. I haven't really kept up since push the sky, but dudes amazing. The albums cover really caught my eye, and that originally got me interested.

He has a pretty massive body of work, can be a little overwhelming.  The first Bad Seeds album was released over 30 years ago and they've kept going ever since.  I didn't pay attention to Push the Sky away immediately due to the fact that I didn't care for the previous album that much.  I was on my way to work and I heard a song of Push and was blown away, I ordered it right there.  I'd maybe recommend working backwards since you're coming from Push, but a lot of his stuff is worth your time.

He has a pretty massive body of work, can be a little overwhelming.  The first Bad Seeds album was released over 30 years ago and they've kept going ever since.  I didn't pay attention to Push the Sky away immediately due to the fact that I didn't care for the previous album that much.  I was on my way to work and I heard a song of Push and was blown away, I ordered it right there.  I'd maybe recommend working backwards since you're coming from Push, but a lot of his stuff is worth your time.

A couple favorites of yours?

A couple favorites of yours?

I think Murder Ballads is considered one of his essentials.  It was the first one I heard and I still love it to this day.  Lyre of Orpheus / Abattoir Blues is another one I really like.  For an older album, I'd recommend Tender Prey.

Also, welcome to the boards!

I think Murder Ballads is considered one of his essentials. It was the first one I heard and I still love it to this day. Lyre of Orpheus / Abattoir Blues is another one I really like. For an older album, I'd recommend Tender Prey.

Lyre Of Orpheus / Abattoir Blues is awesome too

I think Murder Ballads is considered one of his essentials.  It was the first one I heard and I still love it to this day.  Lyre of Orpheus / Abattoir Blues is another one I really like.  For an older album, I'd recommend Tender Prey.

The Boatman's Call

Murder Ballads

From Her to Eternity

Henry's Dream

Kicking Against the Pricks

Yes! Thank you sir. I'm excited. What a story too, that these guys started 30 years ago and just never stopped. That is amazing in itself. Appreciate the welcome, i've been around creeping quite a bit but haven't posted a great deal.

(lol, kicking against the pricks. Hell yes) 

The Boatman's Call

Murder Ballads

From Her to Eternity

Henry's Dream

Kicking Against the Pricks

If it came down to it, I'd say listen to it all.  They've had a really good track record compared to most bands that've been around that long. Cabin Fever is such an intense way to open an album, good call on From Her to Eternity.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic