My last week at my current job... feels weird.

I also agree that music is a lifestyle, and vinyl is a hobby. I don't see how people "don't listen to music".

Here's a Monday observation tied in with VC and everyone.

When you delve into loving music and listening to & collecting records by your favorite bands, is it a hobby or a lifestyle?

Maybe it's a lifestyle hobby, kinda like being a hipster - no offense intended, just trying for a giggle or a har har

Also, Mo - Nin everyone.

I haven't played any records in two months.  I finally get to today.  Yepeeeeeee!

I've been getting lazy lately, and have been setting up a killer wireless set-up for my digital files. Once my DAC comes, it'll probably be rare for me to spin a record.

PM me your paypal email and pay me back whenever

Glad this happened. I was just catching up on this thread like "Jane Doe for $12!? Fuck, everyone deserves that album on vinyl and that price is insane! I hope it's not too late for me to help." So it was good to see that someone hooked it up.

I remember when JD was my white whale. Back when I first started collecting you'd have to drop at least $150 for that album and that price was if you were lucky.

I've been getting lazy lately, and have been setting up a killer wireless set-up for my digital files. Once my DAC comes, it'll probably be rare for me to spin a record.

i'm thinking about buying a dragonfly DAC off of Amazon

do you know if your files need to be 96hz24bit to hear a difference?

Glad this happened. I was just catching up on this thread like "Jane Doe for $12!? Fuck, everyone deserves that album on vinyl and that price is insane! I hope it's not too late for me to help." So it was good to see that someone hooked it up.

I remember when JD was my white whale. Back when I first started collecting you'd have to drop at least $150 for that album and that price was if you were lucky.

Unashamed CONVERGE fanboy here and love when at any time they pop up in conversation. Esp. here.

For the longest time, the red/orange tour version of JD was a white whale...I was able to score one for an incredibly low amount off eBay while I was at a wedding.

i'm thinking about buying a dragonfly DAC off of Amazon

do you know if your files need to be 96hz24bit to hear a difference?

No. A DAC will be an improvement over the cheap little DAC chip in a laptop/phone/etc.

Hear about the SAE frat @ University of Oklahoma?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/08/frat-racist-sae-oklahoma_n_6828212.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

Kinda not surprised that it's SAE. At my school, they were the biggest douchebags and 100% priviledged white boys frat.

It's the main problem w these groups on campuses, imo.  Privileged "kids" doing/saying whatever because of the donations of their parents.   Same way w the school/city I'm at (IU).  Always makes me think of B. Boyd from Incubus - "high school never ends"

Late to the party, but 

Star Trek >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Star Wars

Not even close.  And 

Deep Space Nine > Next Generation >>>>>>> Voyager > Original > Enterprise

I'm sure most Trekies would have the Original series or Next Generation as the best, but I loved DS9.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic