I think everyone here took off today... I've been the only one here since 7AM. Strange bc my bosses aren't christian.

People use any excuse in the world to take a day off work.  Take St. Patrick's Day for example, most people don't know the meaning of the holiday beyond green beer.

Man, it is hilarious when I have to ask people if there is anything else I can help them with and they say "not unless you have the winning lottery numbers". I love hearing that 50 times a day, so FUNNNIIYYYYYYYYYETJN

My favorite was a customer yesterday. Looking for status on an order, shipped to them yesterday.

Him: "Oh, is UPS open tomorrow?"

Me: "Let me double check but I dont see why not. It's not really a holiday."

Him, dripping with sarcasm: "Yeah, Christians don't matter in this country anymore."

Me: *radio silence*, internally thinking omg shut up dude.

My favorite was a customer yesterday. Looking for status on an order, shipped to them yesterday.

Him, dripping with sarcasm: "Yeah, Christians don't matter in this country anymore."

HA!  Christians don't matter anymore.... the bullest of shits.  Christmas gets longer and longer every year.

I would have said, not just Christians, all religions are pretty irrelevant these days.

Haha, yeah. There is so much I want to say on a daily basis to people at work, but can't. I miss my old shitty job, where the phone calls were not recorded and the management stuck up for employees (even when I would tell people to fuck off).

Man, it is hilarious when I have to ask people if there is anything else I can help them with and they say "not unless you have the winning lottery numbers". I love hearing that 50 times a day, so FUNNNIIYYYYYYYYYETJN

I get that and "a million dollars!" several times a day. Then when I stare at them dead faced they're usually like "Dont worry, I'll share! Hahahaha." If I'm in a particularly bad mood I'll respond "But wouldn't I be the one sharing in the first place? For one, do you think I'd be here if I had that kind of money to give away?"

I only care about the Holidays I don't have to work. Everything else can go suck it!!

I keep hoping I'll snap my fingers and today will be over. It's still only 10 am here. FUUUUUUUUUCK

As lowly retail scum there are only three holidays I get off. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. I do not give a shit about any of them so it's really just a day off where I can't do anything because everything is closed.

I don't get why everyone acts like it's so ok to jump down people's throats for believing in something, when people get so up in arms when other people give atheists shit for not believing in anything.

Everyone is free to believe what they want, and I know you guys wouldn't be down with someone coming in here and getting all godly all over the place.

Yeah, that person could have been nice about it or ignored what you said, but clearly it's an important day to them. They may be a sarcastic garbage human being, but I try to treat everyone's beliefs with respect.

The hypocrisy shown by so many people in regards to their "freedom of/freedom from religion drives me bananas more than people believing or not believing.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic