I've only seen them with RiffTrax, that makes every movie better.

This is the first I've heard of RiffTrax, but I think my life might have just changed.

That's a transition that a lot of people go through.  The bulk of my really good friends are all settling down or live in another city or both.  Just part of getting older.  I have people that I can call up if I feel like grabbing a drink or something, but I wouldn't call them good friends by any means.  You just kind of get used to it I think.  I worked nights for a little over a year, so even on my days off I didn't really see people.  You get very good at being comfortable with solitude in situations like that and I feel like it did me a lot of good overall.  Kind of killed that need to constantly be going out and doing things.

I made it easy on myself by moving around all the time, and didn't bother making new friends. So I'm used to being alone and entertaining myself. I like it that way. I'm pretty damn introverted and like. I understand being alone and it makes sense to me. I'm still human so I need some interaction every once in a while outside of work and other forced interaction. I don't really go "out" much, but when I do it is usually record hunting, shows, or food.

I think a lot of people go through that transition of hanging out with people less. Maybe some don't cause they have a steady relationship through the transition and hanging out with friends and your girlfriend turns into living with your wife. I didn't really keep hanging with my friends after high school. I did to some level, but I make a whole new group of friends revolved around the music scene from taking photos. So I would go to 3-5 shows a week, shoot, hang, and then go home. It was more than enough for me. Then after 6 years of that I moved to another state where I knew no one, then again a year later, then again a year later, then again 6 months later. Being alone is easier when you move around and don't know anyone, and maybe that's why I'm so good at passing time by myself. It's what I know. Me and my records. THe new version of a spinster cat lady.

Update: She just got home from the vet. She had five puncture wounds and had to get two staples, a rabies shot, and antibotics/pain pills. She's seems a little bit depressed, but she's up and moving. 

I missed what happened. Glad to hear she is ok, dude. Going through that shit is always nerve wrecking.

My biggest problem with it is that they do mostly big blockbuster films. Even when those are bad they're at least made with technical competence. Part of the charm of MST3K was that the movies were usually terrible in all respects and provided more fodder for jokes.

They do a ton of low budget shitty films too and a lot of them you get the whole video. It's almost as good as MST3K. I do really miss the bots though.

Odd question, anyone have the Portugal. The Man - Church Mouth vinyl repress with Seventeen and Sun Brothers Full, and know how to rip vinyl decently? These are the last 2 songs I really need to archive in lossless from the band. I don't have a way to rip them right now, or I would.

I don't know why but it also bothers me that there aren't silhouettes.

Really want a tattoo of the silhouettes.

Their goofy back and forth motions and pointing add a lot to it. It would be weird without it.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic