I regret getting it on iTunes but that should give me the right to have other copies so yes please. Will have to listen on my mac mini for now but I should be getting a good DAC soon, I might even get the new Fiio X3 v2 instead of getting that X3 used.

Right on. I'll upload it to my G Drive and then message you the link.

I was tempted to ask yesterday! Thanks man I look forward to hearing it. The iTunes version sounds fine so Im interested in hearing the difference.

No worries, dude.

And speaking of closed headphones, I think I'm going to pull the trigger on these in a few months:

https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back

Wow those look nice? Don't closed have less open soundstage? Not a big deal for most rock but I love the sound stage of my Sennheisers. There are some decent deals on used HD650s around but then they would need a major amp. Even the guy selling that X3 is selling some saying they are just too hard to drive and I was wondering if they would go well together but that kind of answers that. Going to stick to my easy to drive IEMs. :)

edit: Okay I realized after I said it, IEMs are closed. I mean for full cans I prefer open, sound leaking in can suck but its fine in a quiet room. I might have read that some closed cans can have wide open soundstage too.

Wow those look nice? Don't closed have less open soundstage? Not a big deal for most rock but I love the sound stage of my Sennheisers. There are some decent deals on used HD650s around but then they would need a major amp. Even the guy selling that X3 is selling some saying they are just too hard to drive and I was wondering if they would go well together but that kind of answers that. Going to stick to my easy to drive IEMs. :)

Yeah, but apparently from what I've been reading these have a killer sound stage. Apparently they have a great mid range and bass, which is good for rock (in my opinion, the way I listen). We shall see. I'll order them off Amazon when I do buy them so I can try them out. Also looking into some HiFi Mans and Mad Dogs. But these EL-8Cs destroy everything when it comes to design. After all, BMW's Design Works Team helped with it, so that explains a lot. And yeah, that why I've tended to stay away from HDs (among other reasons) cause they are a pain to drive. I mean you could get a nice mid level amp ($250 or so) and be good. Just depends and your price point. I would honestly migrate more toward some DTs, but that's just me (depends on what you are listening to). Either that or the AKG K series which are absolutely fantastic. All of which are cheaper as well. Just my two cents.

Here is a great deal on a headphone tube amp: http://www.head-fi.org/t/760684/schiit-valhalla-1-price-includes-fees-conus-shipping

These days I've been thinking more about Grado because I'm still mostly happy with my HD555s except for in areas where they are weak like rock, but they do well with no amp. I feel like I remember AKG being mentioned for electronic music so maybe I could look more into those. They also look pretty cool I think.

Yeah I think I saw that. I've been looking more than I should. Just heard new sounds in Feast and the Famine wow! I didn't think the Foo Fighters would benefit from 24 bit this much.

Then I'm sure you saw the sexier black coated one: http://www.head-fi.org/t/761862/fs-schiit-valhalla-black-powder-coat

Swoon.

Yeah, the album have so much more depth and clarity at 24bits. I've done a lot of comparing of 4 versions. Haha.

These days I've been thinking more about Grado because I'm still mostly happy with my HD555s except for in areas where they are weak like rock, but they do well with no amp. I feel like I remember AKG being mentioned for electronic music so maybe I could look more into those. They also look pretty cool I think.

All Grados are fantastic. I'm all about AKGs, and Beyer personally (open and closed). But I'm looking to venture out a bit with those Audezes.

Yeah that black amp was the one I saw.

Oops we scared everyone away with all the head-fi talk.

I don't mind. I'm sure a gif marathon will happen soon anyway. Haha.

I'm stoked to start work next week cause this will be the first job I'll have worked in a while that I can have headphones on all day. So I'm going to be bringing my entire set up to work and be blasting music all day. Only change is that I'll be using my AKGs (closed) instead of my open DTs.

My DAC is pumping music out from the time I get off work, until I go to bed. Loving it. I think my shitty laptop cd-rom drive is starting to die from ripping so many CDs in secure mode over the past few weeks.

My DAC is pumping music out from the time I get off work, until I go to bed. Loving it. I think my shitty laptop cd-rom drive is starting to die from ripping so many CDs in secure mode over the past few weeks.

I don't have a DAC and I do most of my digital listening from my old iPod Nano. Just went to turn on the radio right on time for Foo Fighters Congregation to come on again. Geez!

Dude, I hear ya. Honestly that amp and DAC were the best investment I've made. I just plugged in my closed AKGs to my stack (which I've never done before - always used open) and damnnnnnnnnn. I'm impressed. I've never given these any additional boost in any way and I just got punched in the face by the chorus on Congregation.

Stand alone CD burners are cheap these days. Go check out Amazon!

Yeah, I'll probably grab a USB drive. I'm worried it'll take forever to rip though, since my laptop is older and only USB 2.0.

The job I'm interviewing for in Austin is an Active Directory job, but I'm super rusty in it. Anyone got any good documentation to read on it?

Yeah, I'll probably grab a USB drive. I'm worried it'll take forever to rip though, since my laptop is older and only USB 2.0.

The job I'm interviewing for in Austin is an Active Directory job, but I'm super rusty in it. Anyone got any good documentation to read on it?

Nice. Maybe upgrade that laptop with 3.0. ; )

My external HDD is USB 3.0 and it's so damn fast. I can't imagine going back to 2.0.

Are you looking for fundamentals? http://www.aaneotech.com/thai2/Fundamentals.pdf

Or something a little deeper?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic