It's nice if you LOVE that album, but if not it's pretty over priced. I'm fine with giving Albini my money. That dude is so amazing at mixing and mastering. But yeah $60 is insane. Nirvana is in my top all time favorite bands so I could justify it. Wouldn't spend that for just any ole band. You can get it for $30 now.

Id love to get all the Nirvana but In Utero is one of those albums I was surprised sounded so good when I got better headphones so I would love a regular version. You got the one with 2 45s and 1 33 1/3? I remember seeing Steve's name on some good things back then though.

I don't listen to them as much as I did but for a while I listened to nothing but Nirvana so maybe I got burned out. When I heard on the news "A member of Nirvana has shot himself" you don't want to know what I was praying for.  :P  I always like to think if it would be a good idea to tell Dave that story if I met him. I think he would laugh. Nothing against him, it was random, just anyone but Curt was what I was thinking.

Id love to get all the Nirvana but In Utero is one of those albums I was surprised sounded so good when I got better headphones so I would love a regular version. You got the one with 2 45s and 1 33 1/3? I remember seeing Steve's name on some good things back then though.

I don't listen to them as much as I did but for a while I listened to nothing but Nirvana so maybe I got burned out. When I heard on the news "A member of Nirvana has shot himself" you don't want to know what I was praying for.  :P  I always like to think if it would be a good idea to tell Dave that story if I met him. I think he would laugh. Nothing against him, it was random, just anyone but Curt was what I was thinking.

These are the copies of In Utero I have:

• In Utero - FLAC 24bit
  • In Utero - 2013 Steve Albini Mix - FLAC 16bit
  • In Utero - 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition - FLAC 16bit
  • In Utero - 2013 Steve Albini Mix - 2xLP - 180g - 45RPM - Vinyl
  • In Utero - 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition - 3xLP - 180g - 33 1/3RPM - Vinyl

I can upload any copy of the digital versions for you if you like.

I also have Bleach (Deluxe), Nevermind, Unpplugged, and Incesticide at 24bits as well. Let me know.

I'll ignore that last part...

I've got the original Bleach CD but not because I was a hardcore fan. I knew someone who left it with his much older brother when he moved. I borrowed it and his polka loving brother didnt want it back! Damn that is a crazy number of versions of In Utero, I had no idea! I have the European CD because I lived in France when it came out which is when I got into them. Before that I was more into pop. I guess because the teen angst wasn't there yet. :)

I've got the original Bleach CD but not because I was a hardcore fan. I knew someone who left it with his much older brother when he moved. I borrowed it and his polka loving brother didnt want it back! Damn that is a crazy number of versions of In Utero, I had no idea! I have the European CD because I lived in France when it came out which is when I got into them. Before that I was more into pop. I guess because the teen angst wasn't there yet. :)

I mean three different album mixes. Then two of those I have on vinyl. I still need to grab an ORG '93 pressing to round off the collection.

It's pretty impressive how good Nirvana albums sound compared to some albums that came after. Good mixing/mastering and I guess that Sound City board could have had something to do with part of it too. Im always surprised when things that came out in my lifetime get remastered or new mixes. I downloaded the new Bleach in Mp3 and it just sound like more bass. The Pearl Jam Ten was very different but I don't know if I liked it and haven't heard it in a while.

It's pretty impressive how good Nirvana albums sound compared to some albums that came after. Good mixing/mastering and I guess that Sound City board could have had something to do with part of it too. Im always surprised when things that came out in my lifetime get remastered or new mixes. I downloaded the new Bleach in Mp3 and it just sound like more bass. The Pearl Jam Ten was very different but I don't know if I liked it and haven't heard it in a while.

You can thank Steve and Butch for that. They have always done killer jobs. And also, yes, the amazing Neve Board at Sound City. All of which spilled into Foo Fighters (which I love).

Listen to the Bleach 24bit Deluxe edition. It's true to the original, but higher clarity (like it should be - a true remaster).

Ten is on my HDtrack list. I need to grab that soon...

and downloading.

Does that have Gallons of Rubbing Alcohol? That was a europe bonus track and a b side so probably not.

No, cause that is the 1993 24bit US FLAC release. The 20th Anniversary has it on it. So I can upload the 16bit FLAC of that if you like.

Here is the track listing:

CD1:

01 - Serve The Servant                                [03:37]

02 - Scentless Appren                                 [03:48]

03 - Heart-Shaped Box                                 [04:41]

04 - Rape Me                                          [02:50]

05 - Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle  [04:10]

06 - Dumb                                             [02:31]

07 - Very Ape                                         [01:55]

08 - Milk It                                          [03:54]

09 - Pennyroyal Tea                                   [03:38]

10 - Radio Friendly Unit Shifter                      [04:51]

11 - Tourette's                                       [01:35]

12 - All Apologies                                    [03:56]

13 - Gallons Of Rubbing Alcohol Flow Throgh The Strip [07:34]

14 - Marigold                                         [02:34]

15 - Moist Vagina (2013 Mix)                          [03:33]

16 - Sappy (2013 Mix)                                 [03:26]

17 - I Hate Myself And Want To Die (2013 Mix)         [02:59]

18 - Pennyroyal Tea (Scott Litt Mix)                  [03:35]

19 - Heart-Shaped Box (Original Steve Albini 1993 Mix)[04:41]

20 - All Apolgies (Original Steve Albini 1993 Mix)    [03:53]

CD2:

01 - Serve The Servants                               [03:38]

02 - Scentless Apprentice                             [03:49]

03 - Heart Shaped Box                                 [04:38]

04 - Rape Me                                          [02:49]

05 - Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle  [04:11]

06 - Dumb                                             [02:32]

07 - Very Ape                                         [01:57]

08 - Pennyroyal Tea                                   [03:56]

09 - Milk It                                          [03:32]

10 - Radio Friendly Unit Shifter                      [04:52]

11 - Tourette's                                       [01:36]

12 - All Apologies                                    [03:56]

13 - Scentless Apprentice (Demo)                      [03:53]

14 - Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle  [04:32]

15 - Dumb (Instrumental)                              [02:38]

16 - Very Ape (Instrumental)                          [02:20]

17 - Pennyroyal Tea (Instrumental)                    [03:31]

18 - Radio Friendly Unit Shifter (Instrumental)       [02:39]

19 - Tourette's (Instrumental)                        [02:14]

20 - Marigold (Demo)                                  [03:25]

21 - All Apologies (Demo)                             [04:24]

22 - Forgotten Tune (Instrumental)                    [02:04]

23 - Jam (Demo)                                       [05:35]

This will fix the Nevermind cue a little:

TRACK 07 AUDIO

TITLE "Territorial Pissings"
    INDEX 01 23:13:37

I fixed that in my catalog. Not in the original file name though.

These are the copies of Nevermind that I have:

•   Nirvana - Nevermind 1996 MFSL CD (Best sounding copy of this album, period. Even better than the vinyl. The cymbals are clearer and it's overall dynamic. Don't know why the vinyl version isn't as good. Someone paid $190 for this last week on eBay. I shit you not.)
  •   Nirvana - Nevermind 1996 MFSL 1-258 / Limited Edition "Anadisc 200" 200 Gram Vinyl
  •   Nirvana - Nevermind 1991 CD
  •   Nirvana - Nevermind ORG 180g (Best vinyl copy.)
  •   Nirvana - Nevermind ORG Pallas
  •   Nirvana - Nevermind (UIJY-9009 Japan 2LP)
  •   Nirvana - Nevermind 2013 Geffen Remaster (Lost some clarity and definition.)

* bold copies are the best.

Charlie, I'm doing to reupload Nevermind for you, replace the 2013 master with the MSFL CD 24k gold version. Don't know why I didn't do that in the first place.

Matt, I remember you saying something about the song Sycamore by Caspian.  Yup.  It's awesome.  I've been listening to Caspian for a while, but just recently, I've really been getting into them.

Glad you're digging them. Their entire catalog is solid. I really recommend live at Old South.

Also, this is coming out: http://hellomerch.com/collections/caspian/products/live-at-the-larcom-blu-ray

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic