Hopefully it does not start storming right after I leave work, I need to return my rented modem to TWC since I got the one someone gave me up and running last night. No more rental fees! I also hate driving on that side of town, traffic is terrible due to the shitty mall, so rain will make it 100 times worse.

I only had a Freschetta and bought bacon for later. I haven't got any Aphex Twin yet because I missed the sweet $11 Syro deal a while back. Which old school Aphex?

selected ambient works 85-92, richard d james album. my raffle got selected for the limited edition syro from bleep, but i waited til the last day to buy it and wasn't thinking about the uk time difference. missed my chance by a few hours. still kicking myself.

Hopefully it does not start storming right after I leave work, I need to return my rented modem to TWC since I got the one someone gave me up and running last night. No more rental fees! I also hate driving on that side of town, traffic is terrible due to the shitty mall, so rain will make it 100 times worse.

Comcast sends you a prepaid mailer to mail back your equipment.  One of the very few good things about them.

Most of my few Aphex are on CD for now but those were the ones I guessed. I haven't got that ambient yet but got the other as my second after Richard D. James and knew what the word ambient meant but didnt understand how that related to music so I still expected crazy beats and was in for a surprise. Got my Syro on iTunes because I got an iTunes gift card for xmas and was broke. Yeah time difference will sneak up on you! Too bad the new one is short or it wouldn't be such a bad deal.

According to tracking I have some bad music coming today. No more blind impulse buys of things from the Amazon deal thread! Last night I noticed one was Touche Amore and remembered I got one of theirs from a download code and looked it up on the iPod when I went to bed. Oh boy! Live sessions will be even more fun Im sure.

Still hope both of the Mew prize pack giveaways I won are not canceled. Would have been cool to get both but Im sure they will notice the same name and address. When people do giveaways they should send them out their own damn selves! Found out a few more people are doing giveaways for that prize pack if you guys google "Mew prize pack giveaway".

Out to hopefully find a good deal on something.

I have to be up at 7 something tomorrow to partake in a color run.  I don't know what the fuck I was thinking.  Getting up early and running are two things I dislike.  I was promised post-run whiskey, that must have been what swayed me.  I think the worst part about getting up that early is that it looms over today and restricts what I'm able to do.

Comcast sends you a prepaid mailer to mail back your equipment.  One of the very few good things about them.

That'd be nice. TWC makes you take it to one of their stores. There is only one in the city left now, used to be 4 or 5, making it easier. Now it's just the one, and the line is crazy usually.

That'd be nice. TWC makes you take it to one of their stores. There is only one in the city left now, used to be 4 or 5, making it easier. Now it's just the one, and the line is crazy usually.

There's only a few Comcast shops in the Seattle are too and I don't think any of them are actually in the city.  They're somewhere on the outskirts or something and had pretty unfriendly hours.

Speaking of Comcast/TWC, Tom Wheeler seems like he's really doing his best to keep them in check.  Never thought I'd give a shit about who the FCC chairman is or what (s)he does, haha.

Speaking of Comcast/TWC, Tom Wheeler seems like he's really doing his best to keep them in check.  Never thought I'd give a shit about who the FCC chairman is or what (s)he does, haha.

Seriously. I'm really happy that merger did not go through. It was insane it even made it that far through the anti-trust stuff before being flagged. I mean did all the lobbyists and money taking officials think we were going to just accept a company that'd have like 70% of the internet market share? Who doesn't like paying $150/month for 1mb/512kbps and 1gb a data? I'm sure that's what they would have wanted.

Seriously. I'm really happy that merger did not go through. It was insane it even made it that far through the anti-trust stuff before being flagged. I mean did all the lobbyists and money taking officials think we were going to just accept a company that'd have like 70% of the internet market share? Who doesn't like paying $150/month for 1mb/512kbps and 1gb a data? I'm sure that's what they would have wanted.

The fact that they kept trying to sell it as being good for consumers if so incredibly mind boggling to me.  I don't know how anyone would believe that.

I loved this.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/05/tom-wheeler-tells-cable-industry-to-stop-complaining-start-competing/

The fact that they kept trying to sell it as being good for consumers if so incredibly mind boggling to me.  I don't know how anyone would believe that.

I loved this.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/05/tom-wheeler-tells-cable-industry-to-stop-complaining-start-competing/

That was awesome. It's time for a huge paradigm shift in internet, and I'm glad it's happening. It's still crazy to me we have to pay our cable companies for providing our internet access. They just want us to purchase their high expense TV crap, that I would never watch or need.

Exactly. It's so they can mask the over data charges, and collect more money from us while advertising $20/month*!

*$200 per gb over 5 applies

Just went for a really long walk and the sale was so sad that the first time I just kept walking and only hit it on the way back. It got me up and out early though and the weather is really good for it. Im going to crash hard at some point today.

You're in Seattle area, right?  It's so nice out today.  Just took the dog on a stroll, planning on a bike ride or another walk later.

You're in Seattle area, right?  It's so nice out today.  Just took the dog on a stroll, planning on a bike ride or another walk later.

Out in Oak Harbor. I feel like I should get back out there later even though I went just about everywhere I want already. Going to at least let the iPod and amp charge a bit before heading back out though. Nice to walk with some good tunes with the sun and the breeze.

It's hot and humid here. Approaching 90F right now. Close to record high for this time of year. It was supposed to storm, but they seem to have disappeared without getting rid of the humidity. Nap time.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic